1 Assisted Living Facility in Corning, CA
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Corning. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corning 5.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Orland with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corning, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Corning, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corning
The small agricultural town of Corning, California has a population of only 7,548 and is home to the largest olive processing plant in the United States which earned it the nickname "The Olive Capital". Within this area, there are three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), one in Corning and another two located close by. These facilities are also known as residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs) and are licensed by The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corning
- The cost of living in Corning is 3.9 percent lower than the state's average. This could benefit California seniors on low and fixed incomes.
- In Corning, violent crime is ranked 53.2 out of 100 (one being the safest) and the property crime rate is 53.5. Compared to the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1, respectively, Corning's crime rate is quite high. This could be a definite drawback for seniors and their families.
- With only one inch of snow per year, 253 sunny days and July highs of 96 degrees Fahrenheit, Corning's weather is ideal for seniors who enjoy regular outdoor activities.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness should know that The American Lung Association gave Tehama County an F rating for their air quality. Pollution and other irritants may affect some seniors with conditions such as asthma, COPD or allergies.
- Corning has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Red Bluff.
- Seniors may have a difficult time running errands and getting to appointments in Corning. There are limited bus and transportation services in the area. However, the Tehama Rural Area eXpress (TRAX) connects Corning to nearby cities and offers a free lifetime pass for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corning
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Corning start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corning and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corning
Seniors seeking financial aid have a couple options within California. Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid plan, helps eligible individuals cover assisted living facility costs. Qualified California seniors can also try the state-funded waiver programs, Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) for additional aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corning
Corning and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corning, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corning
Corning-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corning
Review of Olive City Care Home
So far, Olive City Care Home has been very good. My mom is well taken care of and the staff is friendly and helpful. She is having a little trouble adjusting to the fact that the people there are w... Read more