131 Assisted Living Facilities near Belmont, CA
There are 131 Assisted Living Facilities in the Belmont area, with 3 in Belmont and 128 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Belmont is $5,261 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 272 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Belmont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Belmont 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Carlos with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Belmont, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Belmont, CA
128 Assisted Living Facilities near Belmont, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Belmont
Belmont is a mixed residential/commercial community sandwiched between the high-tech capitals of San Mateo and Redwood City, on California's prosperous San Jose Peninsula. Only 27,000 people live in Belmont, which is small by Peninsula standards. Roughly 16.6 percent of Belmont's residents are seniors age 65 and over, with around 51 assisted living facilities in and close to town to provide independent senior living for them. These facilities, like all assisted living communities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Belmont
- Belmont's climate is stable and warm, which is typical of California's Central Coast. Summer highs in Belmont average 81 degrees in July and August, with winter lows that rarely dip below an average temperature of 40 degrees, even in December. The interior shoreline of the Peninsula, where Belmont is situated, gets roughly 20 inches of rain a year. Grassy hills and large forested mountains nearby send pollen over town in spring and fall, which can be an issue for seniors in Belmont with asthma.
- The cost of living in Belmont is very high by national standards. Overall, the cost of living in Belmont is close to four times the average, though much of this is the $1.8 million median home price typical of a Silicon Valley city. Healthcare is significantly less expensive, however, with Belmont seniors paying close to 3 percent less than the national average for care.
Crime rates in Belmont are very low in all categories. Property crimes average just 40 percent the national rates, while violent crime in Belmont is less common still. Overall, the weighted crime rate for Belmont is just one-third the national average.
- Public transportation in Belmont is largely in the hands of Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). BART operates scheduled bus and rail service all over the region, from the southern reaches of the Wine Country to the edge of Silicon Valley, roughly 150 miles south. Seniors ride BART at a discount with valid ID, and dial-a-ride service can be had with same-day booking.
- The Belmont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sequoia Hospital and El Camino Hospital Mountain View, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Belmont has an array of community resources for seniors, including the San Mateo County Department of Health Aging and Adult Services Division, an organization that provides in-home care, abuse prevention and meal services, as well as more than half a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Belmont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Belmont start around $5,261 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Belmont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Belmont
Belmont is located in San Mateo County, one of 15 counties where eligible seniors can apply for Medi-Cal's Assisted Living Waiver, which covers services received in assisted living — but not room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Belmont
Belmont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Belmont, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Belmont Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Belmont
Belmont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Belmont, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Belmont
Review of Nazareth Vista
Voralto at Belmont (formerly Nazareth Vista) was nice. The rooms were nice and acceptable. The staff member who showed me around was nice and did their job. Read more
Review of Nazareth Vista
I was in Voralto at Belmont for respite care. The staff is pretty good when you get their attention, but there's just not enough staff members. One of my problems was when I pressed the call button... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Belmont
Sunrise of Belmont was very good. It was a very nice facility with lots of trees. The staff members were very friendly. It has an open floor plan, and the rooms were nice and average in size. The f... Read more