6 Assisted Living Facilities near Morgan Hill, CA
Also serving communities of San Martin.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Morgan Hill area, with 4 in Morgan Hill and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Morgan Hill is $5,172 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Gilroy with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 43 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Morgan Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morgan Hill 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Watsonville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Morgan Hill find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morgan Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Morgan Hill, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morgan Hill
Morgan Hill is a city in Santa Clara, County, located at the southern tip of Silicon Valley. As such it is home to many technology companies. Assisted living facilities in Morgan Hill as well as in the rest of California are called residential care facilities (RCFs) for the elderly and are regulated and monitored by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. The town has four local assisted living facilities and four others nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morgan Hill
- The cost of living in Morgan Hill is 114 percent higher than the national median in almost all expense categories. Seniors on a fixed income may want to consider the high expenses associated with living here, including 20 percent inflated grocery costs, 14 percent pricier health care bills and premiums and 12 percent transportation fee increases.
- Compared to all other California communities, Morgan Hill has a crime rate that is 68 percent lower. Seniors can feel an extra sense of security here knowing that it's considered safer than most other similar-sized communities across the nation.
- The Morgan Hill air quality, like all Santa Clara County, can often be congested with pollution and is on the top 10 lists of worst pollution by the American Lung Association (ALA). Seniors who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory issues are often advised to stay inside during the hot, humid months, spring and fall.
- The Morgan Hill area is home to a world-class medical facility, Hillview Convalescent Hospital, in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. Morgan Hill residents have a combined 9 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Morgan Hill, part of San Jose, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morgan Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Morgan Hill start around $5,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morgan Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morgan Hill
Eligible seniors have an option of three financial assistance programs for assisted living care in Morgan Hill. These programs include the Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morgan Hill
Morgan Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morgan Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morgan Hill
Morgan Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Morgan Hill, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morgan Hill
Review of Westmont of Morgan Hill
I went to Westmont of Morgan Hill. It's a beautiful community. It just was gonna be $11,000 a month for the care that I needed for my mother, so there's no way I could do that. I saw a studio apa... Read more
Review of Loma Clara Senior Living
Loma Clara Senior Living was clean and was full of hospitality. I was acknowledged when I came through the front door. The person I was there to meet gave me an escort of the place and reviewed all... Read more
Review of Valley Pines Senior Assisted Living
My mom is now at Valley Pines Senior Assisted Living. It's very homey. She was able to get her own room there, which was something she wanted. A big decider was the price of it for what we were pay... Read more