67 Assisted Living Facilities near Aptos, CA
Also serving communities of Soquel.
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aptos area, with 2 in Aptos and 65 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 228 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aptos. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aptos 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aptos, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Aptos, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aptos
Aptos is a quaint seaside village on the California coast, nestled against the mountains to the east of Santa Cruz. Only 6,200 people live in Aptos, but 21 percent of the town's residents are seniors age 65 and over. No fewer than 65 assisted living facilities operate inside and close to Aptos, where independent seniors can get the help they need with normal activities of daily living (ADLs). Like all residential care facilities in the state, Aptos' assisted living communities are licensed by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aptos
- The weather in Aptos is typical of California's central coast. Summer highs are mild and rarely rise above the average of 76 degrees. Equally mild winters see average low temperatures of 41 degrees. Ocean currents bring at least 31 inches of rain a year to Aptos. The heavily forested slopes over Aptos often send tree pollen into town, which can irritate the allergies of seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living can be quite high in Aptos. Costs for all expenses combined average more than double the national average, though much of this is in the high cost of housing in Aptos. Healthcare is comparatively affordable, at roughly 7 percent less than the average cost nationwide.
- Crime rates in Aptos are very low. Across all categories, rates of reported crime in Aptos range between half and three-quarters the national averages. Violent crime is even less common in Aptos, with many types of violence seeing zero reports for years at a time.
- The Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District (Metro) operates public transportation in Aptos, as well as the rest of Santa Cruz County. Several buses and trains cover an area from just south of San Jose to Watsonville, with disabled ride and discount service for seniors.
- The Aptos area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Watsonville Community Hospital and Dignity Health Dominican Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Aptos has an array of community resources for seniors, including Project SCOUT, an organization that provides free tax and other financial assistance to seniors age 60 and over, as well as at least three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aptos
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Aptos start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aptos and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aptos
Low-income seniors in Aptos may be able to get help paying some or all of the cost of assisted living care through Medi-Cal's Home and Community Based Services, Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aptos
Aptos and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aptos, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aptos
Aptos-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aptos
Review of Seaview Guest Home
It's a small house with a great ocean view. It accommodates six residents max. I love the garden patio as well. The staff is great and food is delicious. There is a ramp for wheelchairs and room to... Read more
Review of Aegis of Aptos
Aegis of Aptos seemed like a very nice large home. It was very clean. Everything was modern. They had a dining room where you could choose your meal. They had religious services. They had day trips... Read more
Review of Aegis of Aptos
Aegis of Aptos seemed really nice, and from first glance, I’d give it a 5. But it is more expensive. The order they were serving was amazing. They were just an amazing order of trays in the middle ... Read more