The iconic city of Los Angeles is located along the Pacific coast. This diverse city is known for its year-round warm weather and beautiful ocean views. It’s home to more than 3.9 million people, and more than 12% of those residents are seniors aged 65 and older. Los Angeles features a variety of world-class healthcare facilities for those who need consistent health care, including the world-renowned Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, which offers a broad range of geriatric services.

For seniors requiring long-term residential care, nursing home care can provide them with the services they require in a secure, homelike environment. Nursing care includes 24-hour medical care, as well as help with daily tasks and housekeeping. For those who don’t require 24-hour skilled nursing but do need help with activities of daily living (ADLs), assisted living or home health care may be a more suitable long-term care option. Assisted living and home health care are both more affordable choices than nursing home care, which costs an average of $8,060 per month in Los Angeles.

This guide includes detailed information about the cost of nursing home care in Los Angeles and nearby cities, as well as information regarding financial assistance for nursing home care and free resources for seniors throughout the city.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Los Angeles, CA

2015, 2016, 2017

Hollenbeck Palms

573 S. Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90033

Hollenbeck Palms is located on an 8.5-acre campus in Los, Angeles, California, close to major freeways, Dodger Stadium and Los Angeles International Airport. Residents have the option of customizing t … (read more)

Los Angeles Jewish Home

7150 Tampa Ave., Reseda CA 91335, Los Angeles, CA, 91335

I thought Jewish Home (Grancell Village) was the best one my husband had ever been in. We were not Jewish, but it was one of the best. The care there was unbelievable. They had entertainment and they … (read more)

St. John of God Retirement & Care Center

2468 SOUTH ST ANDREWS PLACE, Los Angeles, CA, 90018

College Vista Post-Acute

4681 Eagle Rock Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90041

My father is in College Vista. It is a very good, small facility. My only concern is that it is pretty far from my house. Their staff is excellent. They can improve on having a little bit more ventila … (read more)

New Vista Post Acute Care Center

1516 SAWTELLE BLVD., Los Angeles, CA, 90025

New Vista is a beautiful facility that is well maintained and well run. The staff is attentive and is very compassionate. The compassion they exhibit is heartwarming to witness when considering placin … (read more)

Buena Ventura Post Acute Care Center

1016 S Record St, Los Angeles, CA, 90023

Buena Ventura was very nice; the people and nurses were very good. The garden was very nice too. It is very a friendly and comfortable place. When I needed something, the nurses were there. The room w … (read more)

Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center

3002 Rowena Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90039

I had rehab at Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center. It was excellent. They had nurses on-staff. They provided medications, therapy and meals. They had activities like bingo, they do nails for women … (read more)

Garden Crest Assisted Living Facility

909 North Lucile Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90026

My mother is at the skilled nursing of Garden Crest. They called my sister in New York and took the time to discuss my mother’s illness, what happened and what they plan to do. I like that. My mother’ … (read more)

Vista Del Sol Care Center

11620 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90066

My mom was in Vista Del Sol Care Center after she was discharged from the hospital. When she left they did a couple of visits and managed her virtually. A nurse came to check on her a couple of times. … (read more)

Longwood Manor Conv.hospital

4853 W. WASHINGTON BL., Los Angeles, CA, 90016

I was at Longwood March-May 2019. What are the rooms like? It’s a hospital you have a bed, nightstand and a shared bathroom. TV too but I never watched, had a Kindle with all the extras and headphon … (read more)

York Healthcare & Wellness Centre

6071 YORK BLVD., Los Angeles, CA, 90042

My father stayed in York for about 3 weeks. They were able to help my father recover pretty well, the food is great, and the nurses are great. I couldn’t say anything with the service. However, the fa … (read more)

Angels Nursing Health Center

415 S UNION AVENUE, Los Angeles, CA, 90017

I enjoyed the visit with my client at Angels Nursing Health Center. Although this facility was not the cleanest that I have seen, the staff were very friendly and compassionate towards my client and t … (read more)

Bonnie Brae Convalescent Hosp

420 SOUTH BONNIE BRAE ST., Los Angeles, CA, 90057

We decided against Bonnie Brae because it’s in a bad part of town. The location for me was depressing, but that has nothing to do with the place itself. It looked old, but it was very clean. The peopl … (read more)

Country Villa Mar Vista Nrs Ct

3966 MARCASEL AVE, Los Angeles, CA, 90066

My wife is in Country Villa Mar Vista, and it’s very similar to a hospital in ambiance. The staff and the services are terrific. They have bingo, play some games, and do crossword puzzles. The food … (read more)

Guardian Rehabilitation Hosp

533 S. FAIRFAX AVE, Los Angeles, CA, 90036

My mother has already been moved to Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital. It’s very clean, and they’re constantly updating things. They are constantly painting and repairing. I don’t know if that means it … (read more)

Highland Park Skilled Nursing and Wellness Center

5125 MONTE VISTA ST., Los Angeles, CA, 90042

My brother is presently in Highland Park Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre for rehab. They have been pretty accommodating with his needs, and we do like the care. It’s a clean facility. The only t … (read more)

Huntington Healthcare Center

4515 Huntington Drive South, Los Angeles, CA, 90032

I visited the place For my dad to spend the rest of his life but I did not. The place was so crowded.

Alexandria Care Center

1515 N Alexandria Ave., Los Angeles, CA, 90027

A new rules was put into effect without notification I was denied visitation the staff was very secretive about their titles and wouldn’t share info about title and picture of badge. I asked many … (read more)

Keiro Nursing Home

2221 Lincoln Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90031

We moved my father into Kei-Ai Los Angeles Healthcare Center, and he’s in their memory care. We know he’s well taken care of, they schedule zoom meetings with families and friends, and you can communi … (read more)

Lotus Care Center

6011 West Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90043

The facility was kind and helpful to my family and my father staying there. They were available to answer any questions we had. The staff was really nice and they kept the place clean. My dad loved th … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Los Angeles, CA

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Los Angeles ranges from $8,060 for a semiprivate room to $10,570 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Throughout California, the cost of nursing home care varies from city to city. While the average cost is $8,060 per month in Los Angeles, further south in San Diego nursing home care costs average more than $2,000 higher, at $10,722 per month. In Oxnard, seniors pay about $8,356 per month, while further inland in Riverside, nursing home residents can expect to pay even less, as the median cost is just $7,756 per month. When compared with the state average of $9,247 per month, Los Angeles’ nursing home costs are considerably less; however, when compared with the U.S. median cost, seniors in Los Angeles pay about $840 more per month.

$8060

Oxnard

$7756

Riverside

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In Los Angeles, nursing home care is the most expensive type of long-term senior care. For those who don’t require skilled nursing services, assisted living can provide full-time care at a much lower average cost of $5,000 per month, while those who choose to remain in their homes can pay median costs of $5,434 per month for homemaker services or $5,529 per month for the help of a home health aide. Adult day health care is the least expensive option for senior care in the city, at an average cost of $1,647 per month.

$8060

Nursing home care (semi-private room)

$10570

Nursing home care (private room)

$5000

$1647

Adult day health care

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Los Angeles, CA

Free Resources for Seniors in Los Angeles, CA

Throughout Los Angeles, there are several free resources available to help seniors by providing a variety of services, including financial help. Several of these resources have been listed below.

ResourceContact Service
Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)

(800) 510-2020HICAP is a volunteer-run organization that provides seniors with help with Medicare and Medicaid claims and benefits coordination, as well as help with other types of insurance. In addition to claims assistance, HICAP also provides advocacy and legal representation for seniors who wish to appeal a claim decision or who feel they’ve been treated unfairly.
Medi-Cal(888) 452-8609For those who qualify, Medi-Cal covers all or part of the cost of nursing home care, as well as a variety of related services, such as primary and specialty care, mental health services and prescription medications.
Area Agency on Aging(213) 738-4004The Area Agency on Aging provides information and resources for senior citizens to help them preserve their independence. Resources can include help with selecting a long-term care facility, referrals to financial assistance programs and nutritional assistance.
Long-Term Care Ombudsman(800) 334-9473The Long-Term Care Ombudsman program accepts complaints against licensed care facilities or their employees. Its sole purpose is to act as an advocate on behalf of seniors who reside in skilled nursing and assisted living facilities.