126 Assisted Living Facilities near Studio City, CA
Also serving communities of Valley Village.
There are 126 Assisted Living Facilities in the Studio City area, with 2 in Studio City and 124 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Studio City is $4,641 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Toluca Lake with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 322 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Studio City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Studio City 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arleta with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Studio City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Studio City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Studio City
Studio City is a residential neighborhood in the larger city of Los Angeles, sandwiched between Glendale and Burbank in the rugged Hollywood hills. About 203,000 people live in this part of the county, and 16.5 percent of them are seniors age 65 and over. For those seniors in Studio City who would like to live independently, but still have the help they need with regular activities of daily living (ADLs), Studio City has at least 126 assisted living facilities in and around its borders.
All of Studio City's residential care facilities, like those in the rest of California, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Studio City
- Studio City's climate is balmy and warm most of the year. High humidity in spring and allergen counts in summer can be problematic for seniors with asthma or COPD. Summertime highs average 88 degrees in Studio City, while winter lows average 41. This part of the Hollywood hills gets just over 17 inches of rain in a typical year, though multi-year droughts are common.
- The cost of living in Studio City can be high for homeowners and others who live in the larger community, though some costs are relatively low. The median home value in Studio City is nearly $800,000, for example, while the cost of healthcare is only 85 percent of the average cost nationwide.
Crime in Studio City is generally around 20 percent lower than the national rate. Property crime remains an issue in some parts of town, but violent crimes are exceptionally rare by national standards.
- Studio City is served by the Red Line of the Los Angeles Metro Transit Authority. Service on the Metro is available at a discount for seniors age 60 and over who have a valid transit ID. Dial-a-ride and disabled ride vehicles are available with advance booking.
- The Studio City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sherman Oaks Hospital and Valley Presbyterian Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Studio City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Studio City start around $4,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Studio City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Studio City
Studio City, as part of Los Angeles County, is one of the limited number of California communities where seniors can apply for the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program. The HCBS program is a Medicaid waiver that can help cover some or all of the costs of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Studio City
Studio City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Studio City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Studio City
Studio City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Studio City, CA
Other Options in Studio City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Studio City
Review of Sunrise of Studio City
I visited sunrise of Studio City, and my first impression was its lovely. Its comfortable, attractive, and the people are friendly. It seemed sufficient. My friend stayed there for several months... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Studio City
Wonderful , helpful, respectful staff . A beautiful atmosphere . Beautiful decor. My grandmothers room is lovely .they have many activities, movies and outings. We stayed for dinner on many occasi... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Studio City
Sunrise of Studio City is a four-story, large building complex. It houses assisted living and they also have a separate memory care unit. There's no sort of separation in levels of capacity. There ... Read more