142 Assisted Living Facilities near Toluca Lake, CA
There are 142 Assisted Living Facilities in the Toluca Lake area, with 2 in Toluca Lake and 140 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Toluca Lake is $1,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,396.
To help you with your search, browse the 418 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Toluca Lake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Toluca Lake 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burbank with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Toluca Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Toluca Lake, CA
140 Assisted Living Facilities near Toluca Lake, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Toluca Lake
Toluca Lake is a sprawling residential suburb of Burbank, immediately adjacent to some of the most glamorous studios in Hollywood, spread out across the southern edge of the San Fernando Valley floor. At least 104,000 people live in this part of the Valley, 15 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over.
To provide these seniors with safe and comfortable accommodations, the region in and around Toluca Lake has no fewer than 141 assisted living facilities. These facilities, as long-term residential care communities, are required to hold a license issued by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Toluca Lake
- The weather in Toluca Lake is warm and dry, like the rest of the Valley. Summer highs here average 88 degrees, while winter lows average 41. The southern part of the Valley where Toluca Lake is located gets a little over 17 inches of rain in most years.
- The cost of living in Toluca Lake can be high. Overall, costs in Toluca Lake are roughly double the national average. This is partly due to high housing prices, however. Healthcare in Toluca Lake is actually less expensive than elsewhere, at approximately 12 percent less than the average cost nationwide.
- Crime rates in Toluca Lake are generally low. Across all categories of crime, Toluca Lake reports only about three-fifths the average for a city its size, with less violent crime than theft and other property offenses.
- Public transportation throughout the San Fernando Valley is provided by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro). Metro operates scheduled bus routes through the Toluca Lake region seven days a week that connect with downtown rail and transit centers. Seniors with valid ID can ride the Metro at a discount, and dial-a-ride services are available with same-day booking.
- The Toluca Lake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sherman Oaks Hospital and Dignity Health - Glendale Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Toluca Lake, as part of Los Angeles city and county, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Toluca Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Toluca Lake start around $1,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Toluca Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Toluca Lake
Seniors in Toluca Lake who meet the eligibility guidelines for receiving Medicaid in California may be able to pay some or all of the cost of assisted living with a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver. Los Angeles is one of only 15 counties in California where seniors have access to this waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Toluca Lake
Toluca Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Toluca Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Toluca Lake
Toluca Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Toluca Lake, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Toluca Lake
Review of The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse was very pleasant and nice, but a bit confined. The rooms were standard, not spacious, but looked fairly clean and inhabitable. I spoke with the owner and she was very helpful. They ... Read more
Review of The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse was OK, but they wouldn’t accommodate me with my electric wheelchair. They only showed me the patio, the living room, and the dining room. I didn’t like the attitude of the people th... Read more
Review of The Lighthouse
I would give the Lighthouse an A+ so far. They are doing a great job. I couldn’t speak more highly of the lady who runs it. Cynthia is a wonderful person. It is perfect, and my brother is happy. Th... Read more