145 Assisted Living Facilities near Burbank, CA
There are 145 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burbank area, with 9 in Burbank and 136 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burbank is $3,178 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Toluca Lake with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 419 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burbank. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burbank 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arleta with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burbank, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Burbank, CA
136 Assisted Living Facilities near Burbank, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burbank
Burbank, a vibrant city in the Los Angeles metropolitan area of Southern California, is only minutes from Hollywood. Seniors here can experience the excitement of film and TV studio tours, attend live TV show tapings or opt for more low key attractions like museums, live theatre, concert venues, parks and gardens.
Burbank also offers seniors nine assisted living facilities from which to choose — with an additional 48 communities in surrounding towns. In California, assisted living communities are designated as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) and are regulated by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burbank
- The cost of living in Burbank is 60 percent higher than the national average. Although this is reflected in higher-than-average real estate costs, assisted living costs in Burbank are actually lower than the national median.
- Air quality in the greater Los Angeles area ranks as some of the poorest in the country, receiving an F rating from the American Lung Association. Seniors with breathing difficulties should consider wearing masks on particularly poor air quality days and remaining indoors as much as possible.
- Burbank experiences pleasant weather year-round, with average highs in the summer in the mid-to-high 80s and lows rarely falling below the low 40s in the winter. Seniors who have health issues exacerbated by extreme highs and lows can benefit from this temperate climate.
- Burbank enjoys a relatively low crime rate, lower than the average for the state of California as a whole and just a bit higher than the national average. Of crimes committed, only a small percentage are considered violent, with the majority falling under the theft category.
- Seniors have access to a variety of mass transit options in the Burbank area, including BurbankBus, the Metro and services linking Burbank to surrounding cities including Pasadena, Glendale and Santa Clarita. Seniors can also access BurbankBus Senior and Disabled Transit for door-to-door transportation through the city, scheduled on an appointment basis. Fares are very inexpensive, with subsidies available for income-qualified seniors.
- Seniors in California can take advantage of state income tax savings to maximize their retirement income. Depending on qualifying factors, they can save through the Senior Income Tax Exemption Credit. Additionally, the state of California does not tax Social Security earnings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burbank
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Burbank start around $3,178 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burbank and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burbank
The Assisted Living Waiver provides seniors in California with financial support to pay for assisted living community costs beyond room and board. It is a Home and Community-Based Services waiver available to Medi-Cal eligible seniors who meet age, income and care level guidelines. Burbank is located in one of the 15 counties serviced by this waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burbank
Burbank and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burbank, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burbank
Burbank-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Burbank, CA
Other Options in Burbank, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burbank
Review of Belmont Village Burbank
Belmont Village Burbank was wonderful. It's beautifully decorated and lovely. I was most impressed with their program helping people maintain their learning and to keep them from deteriorating any ... Read more
Review of Evergreen Retirement Residence
My mother now lives there and is very happy with it overall. The one complaint we have is that there is perhaps not always enough staff. Finding a staff member when you need one can be challenging.... Read more
Review of Belmont Village Burbank
An excellent Facility to place your elderly Read more