143 Assisted Living Facilities near North Hollywood, CA
There are 143 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Hollywood area, with 7 in North Hollywood and 136 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 465 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Hollywood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Hollywood 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sun Valley with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Hollywood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Hollywood, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Hollywood
North Hollywood is a western suburb of Burbank, closer to the hills of Encino than it is to the rest of Hollywood on the other side of the world-famous Hollywood sign. Home to 105,000 people, 15 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over, the area in and around North Hollywood has 143 assisted living facilities.
North Hollywood's assisted living communities, like those in the rest of California, are required to maintain a current license from the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Hollywood
- The climate in North Hollywood is warm and dry, with occasional dry spells that can last most of the year. Summer highs average 88 degrees here, while winter lows average 41 degrees. North Hollywood gets 17 inches of rain a year.
- North Hollywood's cost of living is more than double the average of other communities around the United States. Even by the standards of California, which costs 69 percent more than the national average, this area can be expensive for most necessities. Healthcare is an exception, costing just 85 percent the national average in North Hollywood.
Crime rates are low in the North Hollywood-Burbank area. Across all categories of reported crimes, North Hollywood is 25 percent safer than similarly sized cities nationwide. Violent crimes are even less common than property crimes, and they have been in a long-term decline since the turn of the century.
- North Hollywood seniors have the option to get across town on one of the lines operated by Burbank Bus. This service offers senior discounts for riders over 60, as well as dial-a-ride service with advance booking. Burbank's transit system connects to the larger Los Angeles Metrolink network at several places in the North Hollywood area.
- The North Hollywood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sherman Oaks Hospital and Southern California Hospital at Van Nuys, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Hollywood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in North Hollywood start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Hollywood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Hollywood
As part of Los Angeles County, North Hollywood's seniors are eligible to take part in the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program, which helps low-income seniors cover the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Hollywood
North Hollywood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Hollywood, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Hollywood
North Hollywood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Hollywood, CA
Other Options in North Hollywood, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Hollywood
Review of Heavenly Manor Elderly Care
We went to Heavenly Manor, and we had some problems with them. My mother is in her 80s also, and she does not walk very well. The ones that we went to have very poor parking and access for someone ... Read more
Review of Heavenly Manor Elderly Care
I liked Heavenly Manor Elderly Care, and I really liked the ladies. They've told me a lot, and they showed me around. The place is very clean, and they were really nice. They gave me a lot of infor... Read more
Review of Country Home
My mother-in-law is at the Country Home and she's doing alright. The food is better than where she was and staff is good. She says that she's happier there. Read more