Home to 280,800 residents and a handful of world-class theme parks, Orlando is Florida’s fourth-largest city and one of its premier vacation destinations. The community is home to 28,600 senior citizens who represent just over 10% of residents. Despite the area’s youthful population, Orlando is an excellent location for older adults. The community has a comfortable climate with hot summers and mild winters. Health care costs are slightly below average, and residents have access to a wide variety of medical facilities.

Seniors in Orlando who need personal assistance on a regular basis can turn to nursing homes, assisted living facilities or home care agencies. Nursing homes are suitable for individuals with complex health conditions that require 24-hour monitoring. A semiprivate room in Orlando costs $9,125 per month, which is higher than the state and national medians. Assisted living facilities offer personal assistance and help managing medications at a significantly lower cost, and home care agencies provide similar services on a flexible schedule depending on the client’s individual needs.

This guide takes a look at nursing home costs in Orlando, and offers resources that can or allow you to remain at home longer and help you find and pay for care.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Orlando, FL

2013, 2017

Westminster Towers Orlando

70 S Lucerne Circle West, Orlando, FL, 32801

My girlfriend was in rehab for two weeks at the Westminster Towers in downtown Orlando, and it was really nice. The staff, the nurses, and everybody were just accommodating. It was just really a nice … (read more)

Guardian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2500 W Church Street, Suite 7, Orlando, FL, 32805

When my mother fell and needed round the clock care and therapy we chose Guardian Care and have been completely satisfied with the quality of care she receives. The staff is very professional and beyo … (read more)

Life Care Center of Orlando

3211 ROUSE ROAD, Orlando, FL, 32817

My husband has been in the Life Care Center of Orlando, and so far we have been very pleased. The people working there respond quickly, and they answer all my questions. They were supportive when we m … (read more)

Solaris HealthCare Windermere

4875 Cason Cove Drive, Orlando, FL, 32811

My mother have been a resident for several years and I could not be more satisfied with their service and care they provide my mother. Especially because I live in another state over 1,000 miles away. … (read more)

Adventist Care Centers – Courtland, Inc.

730 Courtland Street, Orlando, FL, 32804

AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North (Formerly Adventist Care Centers Courtland) is a nice facility. My mother has a sitter because the residents can come and go as they please. With her current con … (read more)

Metro West Nursing and Rehab Center

5900 Westgate Drive, Orlando, FL, 32825

This was a 5 Star facility at one point. Things operated well and there were few problems. Over the past six months the staff changes have caused numerous issues. There is a constant revolving … (read more)

Rio Pinar Health Care

7950 LAKE UNDERHILL ROAD, Orlando, FL, 32822

Love the staff. Everyone I met was kind and compassionate.
Love the staff. Everyone I met was kind and compassionate.

Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center

5201 CURRY FORD ROAD, Orlando, FL, 32812

Words can not express how much I appreciate everything the caregivers and staff did for my mom. When we heard she had the coronavirus, we thought the worst. We did not want her to go to a nursing ho … (read more)

Rosewood Health And Rehabilitation Center

3920 Rosewood Way, Orlando, FL, 32808

My family member is a residence here and getting the best care that is required.The staff is friendly plus addresses any concern. relating to my Dad.I haven’t had any problems with the facility so fa … (read more)

Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center

14155 Town Loop Boulevard, Orlando, FL, 32837

My mother was admitted into Hunters Creek, upon arrival everyone did everything possible to assure my mothers safety as she is a fall risk. I was very pleased with the care and concern shown towards m … (read more)

Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers

210 Lake Avenue , Orlando, FL, 32801

My name is Aureliz Rodriguez and father is diabetic and he was in their facilities for 2 and a half months and the staff is super friendly in special Lismarie, but there is no diet for diabetics, on F … (read more)

Avante At Orlando

2000 N Semoran Blvd. , Orlando, FL, 32807

The rooms are small and not clean. Food is terrible. There was one good CNA.
The rooms are small and not clean. Food is terrible. There was one good CNA.

Delaney Park Health & Rehabilitation Center

215 Annie Street, Orlando, FL, 32806

My mother-in-law went into Delaney Park Health and Rehab 215 Annie Street Orland Fl. after a pacemaker, which was recommened by the Hospital case worker. It was a nightmare. when we arrived her medi … (read more)

East Orlando Health & Rehab Center

250 SOUTH CHICKASAW TRAIL, Orlando, FL, 32825

My Mom was sent there by Advent Hospital for Rehab. Didn’t start her on rehab for a few days, had to demand more rehab then a few minutes once a day, reluctantly they finally obliged 5 days after adm … (read more)

Palm Garden of Orlando

654 Econlockhatchee Trail, Orlando, FL, 32825

Many mistakes were made with my medication. They totally missed me for breakfast. Twice nurses refused to give me a pain pill WHICH Was Prescribed. I begged for a potty chair because the toilet was so … (read more)

Orlando Health and Rehab (formerly Westminster Care of Orlando)

830 West 29th Street, Orlando, FL, 32805

The place smells like urine. I chose this place because it was recommended by Dr. Phillips Hospital. The staff is completely unresponsive: Calls to the administration went unanswered Calls to the … (read more)

Courtyards of Orlando Rehabilitation and Health Ce

1900 MERCY DRIVE, Orlando, FL, 32808

Our mom is a patient. She is only there for a month and the goal is for her to receive physical and ot therapy. We have never meet the soctor who is treating her. They have atopped pt and ot based upo … (read more)

Parks Healthcare And Rehabilitation Center

9311 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL, 32837

This is a horrible/terrible facility to put your loved ones in. My dad was a resident there and never received his covid vaccination like the other residents did. He was sent home on Friday Jan 22,202 … (read more)

Terra Vista Rehab and Health Center

1730 Lucerne Terrace, Orlando, FL, 32806

Winter Park Towers

1111 S. Lakemont Avenue, Winter Park, FL, 32792

Located in Winter Park, Florida, Winter Park Towers is just moments from Lake Berry and has convenient access to the Orlando VA Medical Center. Visitors praise this facility’s clean, spacious rooms an … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Orlando, Florida

Seniors in Orlando typically pay $9,125 per month for a semiprivate room and $9,703 for a private room in a nursing home.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The average cost of skilled nursing in the Orlando metropolitan area is $456 higher than the state median and $1,369 higher than the U.S. median. However, rates are typical for Central Florida. Monthly costs are slightly below the state median in Lakeland, which represents a savings of $487 per month compared to Orlando, and seniors in The Villages pay $152 less per month. Rates are just $61 higher in Palm Bay, although some communities are significantly more expensive. Skilled nursing facilities in Tampa charge $821 more per month than in Orlando, which represents an increase of about 9%.

$9125

Palm Bay

$8973

The Villages

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Long-term care costs of Orlando vary significantly. Seniors who require limited personal assistance can attend an adult day care program for approximately $1,408 per month. Assisted living facilities charge $3,700 per month, and home health care agencies charge $3,813 per month. Rates for both in-home services are lower than the nation average. However, nursing homes in the area tend to be more expensive than other parts of the country. Seniors pay about $1,370 more for a semiprivate room and $880 more for a private room than the typical American.

$3813

Adult day health care

$3700

Assisted living

$9125

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$9703

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Orlando, Florida

Free Resources for Seniors in Orlando, Florida

Seniors in Orlando have access to a variety of resources that can help them age in place or develop a personalized long-term care plan. Learn more about some of the programs that are available in the area.

ResourceContactService
Senior Resource Alliance(407) 514-1800This Area Agency on Aging connects Orlando residents to federally funded programs sponsored by the Older Americans Act. It provides information about health insurance, housing, long-term care, accessible transportation and community-based supports. These services can help residents age in place, pay for care and identify long-term care providers in their community.
Seniors First(407) 292-0177Sponsored by the state and county government as well as United Way and other community partners, Seniors First has served Orlando residents aged 60 and older for more than 50 years. It provides Meals on Wheels, in-home support, respite care, guardianship services and medical equipment loans. Seniors can also contact the organization for information about transportation for medical appointments and errands.
Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association(407) 841-8310Volunteers and staff members at the Legal Aid Society have served low-income families and disadvantaged residents in Orange County since 1967. Its team includes 44 experts who provide informational services and help clients with issues related to housing, consumer rights and government benefits. Attorneys can also assist with guardianship petitions and long-term care placement.
Florida’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program(407) 245-0651Florida’s long-term care ombudsman program offers a variety of resources to help consumers and institutional residents understand their options and legal rights. These volunteer advocates visit nursing homes, accept confidential complaints and work to resolve disputes between residents and long-term care providers.
Orange County Senior Services(407) 254-9277Orange County sponsors a variety of services for older adults. It operates two senior centers, publishes a community resource guide, hosts healthy aging seminars and creates programming for Orange TV. It’s also home to the Office on Aging, which offers resources that encourage local seniors to retain their independence.