82 Assisted Living Facilities near Winter Park, FL
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the Winter Park area, with 9 in Winter Park and 73 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Winter Park is $4,550 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Maitland with an average starting cost of $3,278.
To help you with your search, browse the 455 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Winter Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Winter Park 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Casselberry with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Winter Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Winter Park, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Winter Park
Winter Park, Florida, is located just north of Orlando, minutes away from all the attractions that city has to offer. It has plenty of attractions within Winter Park city limits though, especially for nature lovers. With over 70 parks to explore, seniors will have much to outside of their assisted living community.
Winter Park features seven assisted living facilities (ALFs), which are regulated by Florida’s Department of Elder Affairs. Thanks to Winter Park’s location in central Florida, an additional 51 ALFs are located in nearby cities such as Maitland, Altamonte Springs and Casselberry. The state of Florida defines an ALF as a facility that provides supervision and services, including medication administration, to the elderly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Winter Park
- Winter Park boasts a warm climate, which can be especially appealing to seniors who dislike cold and snow. Fall and winter high temperatures remain in the 70s, but temperatures often soar to above 90 degrees in the late spring and summer.
- Winter Park is safer than just 12 percent of U.S. cities. Property crimes are the greatest concern in the area, with a median number of these non-violent crimes occurring more here than in other cities in Florida and nationwide.
- Orlando’s Lynx public transportation system runs through Winter Park. In addition to riding the buses that operate on a fixed schedule, seniors can also use Access Lynx, which is a shared ride, door-to-door transportation services. Seniors in need of more specialized transportation care may choose to navigate Winter Park this way.
- Winter Park is home to a vibrant arts and culture scene inspired, in part, by Rollins College, located in the city. Annually, the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival attracts more than 1,000 artists and 350,000 visitors. This outdoor festival lines the sidewalks of downtown Winter Park, making it easily accessible for seniors.
- The Winter Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Winter Park Memorial Hospital, a division of Florida Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winter Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Winter Park, that offers a daily program for seniors every morning as well as a community center featuring activities for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Winter Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Winter Park start around $3,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Winter Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Winter Park
Seniors living in Winter Park have access to two financial assistance programs for assisted living. The state of Florida operates need-based programs, including the Optional State Supplementation (OSS) for Assisted Living. Additionally, the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program makes ALFs more affordable for Medicaid-eligible individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Winter Park
Winter Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Winter Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Winter Park
Winter Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Winter Park, FL
Other Options in Winter Park, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Winter Park
Review of Allegro Senior Living
We are currently in Allegro Senior Living and we're disturbed by the lack of communication. They have rules and then they change the rules, but they don't tell us. The food is very poor, it's going... Read more
Review of Memoirs Assisted Living & Memory Care
The owners are great and caring. Highly recommend!!!! Read more
Review of Memoirs Assisted Living & Memory Care
I know Coralis for a while know and I know this living facility is a dream come true for her and her husband. She isn’t only passionate about helping the elderly; she has educated herself to provid... Read more