57 Assisted Living Facilities near Winter Springs, FL
There are 57 Assisted Living Facilities in the Winter Springs area, with 2 in Winter Springs and 55 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Winter Springs is $3,075 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Longwood with an average starting cost of $2,848.
To help you with your search, browse the 461 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Winter Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Winter Springs 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Longwood with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Winter Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Winter Springs, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Winter Springs
Located approximately 30 minutes north of Orlando and just to the southwest of the Lake Jesup Conservation Area, Winter Springs, Florida is noted as one of the 2018 best places for seniors to retire in the Orlando area. Retirees who need help with daily living tasks can choose from 56 assisted living facilities in the area, including two in Winter Springs. Governed by the Florida Bureau of Health Services Regulation, these facilities provide routine personal care under a standard license or limited nursing care and extended congregate care under a specialty license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Winter Springs
- The Florida Department of Transportation provides a Dial-A-Ride Service for seniors who live in Winter Springs and the state of Florida. This service is available at discount rates for adults over the age of 60.
- Winter Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Resource Alliance, an organization that matches seniors with learning opportunities and other services, as well as one senior center.
- The overall crime rate in Winter Springs in one in 302, which makes the city a relatively safe place for seniors. This rate is better than the rate for other cities in the state of Florida, which is one in 232.
- Winter Springs area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Winter Park.
- Seniors shopping for groceries and other necessities may find the prices higher in Winter Springs than in other comparable cities in the state and in the nation. In Winter Springs the cost of living is 117.3, which is higher than the state average of 111 and the national average of 100.
- Seniors who are sensitive to the cold may find Winter Springs climate easier to tolerate. Summer is hot and humid with highs around 92. Winter is mild with lows around 48.
Paying for Assisted Living in Winter Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Winter Springs start around $3,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Winter Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Winter Springs
Low-income seniors who lack the funds for an assisted living facility in Winter Springs and the state of Florida may qualify for assistance through the statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program or with the Assistive Care Services waiver. An individual may be eligible for one or both waivers, but neither provide payment for private rooms. Family supplementation is permitted if the individual requests a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Winter Springs
Winter Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Winter Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Winter Springs
Winter Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Winter Springs, FL
Other Options in Winter Springs, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Winter Springs
Review of Palmetto Landing
Palmetto Landing was not appropriate for my mother-in-law. It was at a lower level than what she was used to. It appears more like a nursing home than an assisted living place. They need an overhau... Read more
Review of Palmetto Landing
I went to Palmetto Landing. It was OK, but their dining facility was like a cafeteria, and my grandmother would not like that. The staff was really nice, but it was not a good fit for her. I did no... Read more
Review of Palmetto Landing
Brookdale Tuskawilla was very nice. I was very impressed. The staff was very professional, very friendly, and very nice. I liked the rooms. Some of them were a little bit smaller than others, but t... Read more