The Palms of Longwood

Reviews of The Palms of Longwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Palms of Longwood

March 23, 2018

By what da

Staff friendly, but hard to get in as doors are locked and frustrating when there's no one at the desk to buzz you in so you wait. I asked My friend if there were any outings he just checkled and said No. He mentioned they eat about every 4 hours and said the food is aweful would prefer to go to McDonald's, I had to laugh.. Must admit the Rooms could use some renos too. As a non-smoket was put off as I stood at the gate waiting to get buzzed in from the amount of cigarette smoke coming thru. I don't get it. Sure hope The Palms can do better. Sorry for the unflattering review but not much has changed, hope it will.

June 06, 2017

By a-g-s

The Palms of Longwood needs a lot of renovations. It was dark, dingy, and well-worn. It was more like a nursing facility. The staff members were on top of it, but the facility is extremely old and needs some modernization. I also think they're understaffed. They were asking for more for poor quality.
We are so sorry your visit was not as it should have been. We are working very hard on renovations but have to go slow in order not to upset the daily activities of our residents. They are always our main priority. We do have new paint, flooring and carpet throughout and more plans for updating. Most importantly, our loving staff offers excellent assistance and care to our residents and we maintain a very clean community with a wide variety of activities. We hope you will visit again when our renovations are complete. Thank you for your feedback.

May 17, 2017

By ms-alba

My name is Ms. Alba. My Mom is a resident in this community. I want to THANK EVERYONE for such a job well done in making sure "All Residents" are maintained at a safe and stable level in their health as well as safety. We ( The Family ) had an awesome time with Mom on Mother's Day, but Mom had too much to eat celebrating and her Glucose was too hi when the nurse at the facility checked her. The nurse on duty immediately called me to let me know and I was very pleased to see day in and day out that the staff really cares about their residents. I recommend this facility to anyone looking for a safe, loving, caring, professional and passionate about our loved ones care in the future.

May 05, 2017

By Maryzol

My Mother in law is a resident in this facility and I "Have Never" seen her so happy and at peace as well as relaxed. She lived alone for many years and has to take a lot of medication. The whole staff is very caring, loving and compasionate as well as professional. Her meds are always given to her properly and we (the family) all feel very comfortable to have Mom living in such a safe and secure place. It really feels like a Big Happy Family.
Thank you Maryzol for the great review! We are like a big happy family and we are thrilled to have your Mother in law now part of our family.

May 02, 2017

By Tammy, Lake Mary

My Aunt is a resident here at The Palms of Longwood, even though I haven't visited as often as I would like, my heart goes out to all of The Palms employees. The care givers are awesome and have been for many years. My mother, god rest her sole, was a resident several years ago before the change of hands. Many of the same wonderful people are still here - caring for my mothers sister!! Alex the medicine man, Pam, my wonderful person, Carmen and Rachel are my Aunts care givers. I just can't express how happy I am for my family. Thank you all !
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are honored to have had your mother with us and now her sister. We do have a great team of people working hard to make sure our residents all feel at home and well cared for.

April 10, 2017

By what da!

There is always room for improvement and The Palms is no exception. Notice the web site said nutritious meals. I' m not sure grille cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, potato chips and the like would qualify. Activities are a hit or miss. Most times the residents just walking the halls a bit dazed and confused. depressing assisted living facility. The staff turnover is huge lack and half seem efficient nut serious lack of management.. No outside trips. Walk in the front and all you smell is cigarette smoke. Rooms are very old and desperately need updating. Great place to drop off your love one and forget about them. So sad. Could be a very good place with conscientious focus and true compassion and care for the residence. Hard to believe my friends family put him here.
We are sorry that your experience with our community was not a good one. Just so you are aware, we are in the process of a major renovation and are striving to make our community look the best that it can. We have been painting, adding new flooring and carpet throughout the facility and have been making steady improvements on a daily basis. Our meals are all planned by a nutritionist but we do listen to the requests of our residents and sometimes they just want a good old fashioned hot dog. If they do not care for a particular menu item, they can choose salad, soup or a sandwich (including grilled cheese). We let our residents decide what they would like to eat because it is their right to choose. We have a resident panel that meets every month to let us know what kind of activities they would like to participate in along with what type of foods they would like served. Our residents are the most important aspect of our community and we work very hard to give them the caring assistance they need. Our entire staff is dedicated to providing our residents the respect, compassion and care that they deserve. We treat them like family.

March 27, 2017

By Peter873502

I thought the Palms of Longwood looked very nice. I saw the dining room, which looked clean and well-organized the first time. The second time when I took my mom, it didn’t look as organized, and it looked like they were a little shorthanded. I noticed that the veterans had separate AC units, so I wonder if the whole building had AC. The place looked very clean and nice. I saw that they have a place for smokers, and it doesn’t look good that when you come in. On the left you got to see what we thought was for smokers, so that was not the best place to have a smoking area. I noticed that each room had a window that looked out to a green area, which was nice. The rec rooms have nice big TVs where people can relax and watch TV. The dining room seemed nice and clean. They’ve got this gardening group that gets together, and a beautician and podiatrist come in once a month.

December 05, 2016

By Judy380352

The Palms of Longwood was very rundown and old. They were renovating but they hadn't gotten to the dining hall or where the residents hang out. We did not see the memory care floor. The staff was very professional and good. It looked like the residents were older and quieter, so I would not want to put my husband in there. We had lunch, and the food was really bad.
We thank you for coming to our community and are sorry to hear your visit was not all that it should have been. We are undergoing renovations to improve the condition and are excited about all of the progress being made - we now have new paint, carpeting and our dining room floor is almost complete as of 12/7/16. Thank you for the compliments to our staff - resident care is our number one priority and we are proud to say our residents are like family to us. We do have wonderful chefs that work diligently to please a wide variety of resident's tastes while meeting nutritional guidelines. Thank you so much for your feedback, we take all concerns very seriously and will continue to work hard to make our community the best that it can be.

November 23, 2016

By Towana

I liked everything at The Palms at Longwood. They had a lot of rooms, and they were nice. They served three meals a day. The staff was very helpful. They had transportations to appointments. However, the deluxe studio was small.
Thank you Towana for the great review! We're sorry we are unable to accommodate your loved one because of room size. We wish you the best in your search.

May 03, 2016

By cjdobie

My step-mom has been at the Palms for two weeks now, and she has experienced enough "situations" to allowing me to provide a valid review. First I should tell you that you can't judge a book by it's cover, because while the outside appearance has deferred maintenance, every area of the staff and care are OUTSTANDING. Before I go further, please note that the facility has recently been purchased, and they are working diligently to update and correct any existing physical appearance deficiencies you may notice, and an Activities Director is in the works. Personally I wouldn't have stepped inside, had I not had an appointment. I am SO glad I didn't let the outward appearance stop me. The first person to greet me was Alex, who is beyond attentive and remembered my name when I returned later that day. Kim is the Director, and I can't begin to tell you how caring and "down to earth" she is. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the issues we all face when researching a facility, she put me immediately at ease. After reviewing a number of facilities, I didn't hesitate to place my step-mom here. Knowing that they handle all levels of care (including end of life), I was comfortable knowing this would be the last move for her. Every issue noted from the most minor detail, was rectified immediately. My step-mom constantly complained about the food at the last high-priced nationally known facility, but here she does nothing but rave. Wanting her to have at least one "friend", Kim has taken steps to adjust seating arrangements to ensure that she finds someone to connect with. After receiving a call from my step-mom at 6:30 this morning stating she was in pain, I knew that this would be the real "test", as to how quickly her needs were attended. She pushed the button in her room just prior to calling me and I also went ahead and called the front desk, utilizing the emergency option. I was so anxious placing the call, that I failed to leave my name or number, as I jumped into my car to race to her. A few minutes later I received a phone call giving me an update. When I arrived my step-mom told me that they responded immediately to the button, and call; checking in on her constantly. What a relief! On staff doctors, pharmacy deliveries and ALL INCLUSIVE services (no more a la carte add-ons), make the price very reasonable. Assistance in the steps to apply for medicaid, knowledge about VA benefits and just an overall attitude that everything will be okay, puts The Palms of Longwood miles above the rest. Again, it's the Staff that is the most important when caring for the elderly. As Kim likes to say, this is your parent's new "home", and the staff just work there.

August 31, 2015

By Iris7

My dad is at Cornerstone assisted living in Longwood, and he has been there for about six weeks now. It was affordable for my stepmother, and that was why we went with it. She looked at it, and she liked it; it was similar to the place he had been before, and it met his needs. He doesn't mind the fancy frills and all that because he basically eats and sleeps and doesn't participate in any of the activities, but mostly it was the price because everything else was above his income.

August 24, 2015

By Jenny15

The Cornerstone has a secured gate. The one thing that is lacking is transportation. I think they have one outing a week. They also have bingo. My brother has a nice room. I think it is well managed, but I think the manager is overwhelmed with responsibilities because she does everything. When she is not there, nobody else can do anything. She needs an assistant.

December 31, 2013

By Robert82134650

All the facilities we visited have been excellent, but Cornerstone was the one that was within my insurance budget. This place was built quite a few years ago so it's the oldest facility in the area. All the others were new and all but their prices were beyond my insurance and I just couldn't afford that. Also a friend of ours had used this place for their folks and they recommended it. The manager there is very dedicated. She would go in a couple of times a week on her own on hours that the staff don't know that she's coming just to see how they're doing. She was a very nice lady and she even has her mother there as a patient. Their rooms were nice and adequate. They're also well-kept. However, you have to furnish your own room for yourselves but it's the same in all the other facilities.

Costs for The Palms of Longwood

Photos of The Palms of Longwood

Services and Amenities of The Palms of Longwood

• Assisted Living Starting At: $2050/month

• State Licenses: AL5315

About The Palms of Longwood

Located in one of Longwood’s quiet and serene residential neighborhoods, The Palms of Longwood is the type of place you’ll feel comfortable calling home.

The Palms of Longwood offers complete maintenance free living in spacious suites providing all the comforts of home, including your favorite furniture and accessories. However, we have fully furnished suites available too if needed. Each suite is equipped with safety devices and individual room controls for heating and air conditioning. All suites open to an enclosed, safe and temperature controlled hallway, ensuring your total comfort.

Lifestyle options include a continuum of care to provide peace of mind now, and also in the future should a resident’s needs change. In our private secure Memory Care Community, we provide services for those residents with memory challenges such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Outdoor areas provide opportunities to socialize with other residents, exercise or simply relax and enjoy our beautiful, lush grounds.

At The Palms of Longwood in Longwood, Florida we strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose, and activity for our residents. The highly trained caregivers specialize in all-inclusive, highly personalized attention for every person in our care.

Simply put, we promise the quality of life experience at The Palms will be second only to your own home. The caring staff at The Palms is available 24 hours a day to attend to the needs of the one you love.

Our special Memory Care Community offers a bright, inviting and secure environment. Our trained, understanding and loving staff will use a compassionate approach with residents. We strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose, and activity for our residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. We maintain a higher care staff-to-resident ratio in order to attend to the individual personal needs of each of our residents.

Services

Personalized Care

• 24-Hour staff supervision for safety and security
  • Personal laundry and linen service
  • Daily Housekeeping service
  • 3 Nutritious home-cooked meals served each day
  • Assistance in obtaining home healthcare services
  • Assistance in appointment and transportation scheduling
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal services
  • Medication assistance
  • Snacks
  • Social activities
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Individualized care planning

• Private & shared suites
  • Paid utilities
  • Cable TV and telephone hook-ups
  • Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems
  • Individually-controlled heat and air conditioning

Thank you for your interest in The Palms of Longwood. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of The Palms of Longwood