75 Assisted Living Facilities near Maitland, FL
Also serving communities of Fern Park.
There are 75 Assisted Living Facilities in the Maitland area, with 4 in Maitland and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Maitland is $3,796 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Winter Park with an average starting cost of $3,775.
To help you with your search, browse the 497 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Maitland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Maitland 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winter Park with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Maitland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Maitland, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Maitland
Maitland is located on the shores of Lake Maitland and the city's borders encompass a number of other lakes, which may be appreciated by seniors who enjoy strolls by the water. It's part of the Greater Orlando area and home to around 17,500 people. Almost 16 percent of residents are aged 65 and older and there are 73 assisted living facilities in Maitland and nearby communities offering accommodation to this population.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Maitland
- The Maitland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AdventHealth Altamonte Springs, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Maitland has 235 sunny days each year, 30 more than the national average, which gives seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the sunshine. Winters are mild, with an average low in January of 48 degrees while the high in July averages 92 degrees. Some seniors may find the humid summers challenging.
- Maitland has a variety of art and culture experiences for seniors to enjoy. Film buffs may wish to visit Enzian Theater, which hosts the Florida Film Festival each year. The Maitland Art Center is known for its contemporary art collection. Creative seniors may also enjoy one of the classes or workshops offered by the center.
- The Sperling index ranks Maitland's cost of living at 135. This is 35 points higher than the national average, however grocery and healthcare costs are lower than the U.S. average. This may lead to lower expenses for some seniors, allowing them to put more money towards their assisted living budget.
- There are no state income taxes in Florida, which benefits seniors no matter the source of their retirement income. The state's average sales tax is close to the national average, which may also help seniors who are on a fixed income.
- LYNX provides public transport to Maitland and there is also a SunRail stop in the city. Both services have discounts available to riders aged 65 and older. Lynx also has a door-to-door service called ACCESS LYNX available for people who are unable to use the regular service.
Paying for Assisted Living in Maitland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Maitland start around $3,796 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Maitland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Maitland
Seniors in Maitland can access financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. The Optional State Supplement also offers additional funding to seniors receiving Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Maitland
Maitland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Maitland, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Maitland
Maitland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Maitland, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Maitland
Review of Savannah Court of Maitland
Savannah Court of Maitland has studio apartments, and my father wanted to move there, so we chose it. It's a good size, just big enough, and he moved in already. My dad likes the food, and they're ... Read more
Review of Savannah Grand of Maitland
A warm cozy homey place with licensed nurses and a loving staff of care Read more
Review of Savannah Court of Maitland
I'm pleased with Savannah Court of Maitland. The place is clean. My mother's apartment is very nice. I would live there. The food is good. They're very welcoming and have lots of activities going o... Read more