51 Assisted Living Facilities near Longwood, FL
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Longwood area, with 3 in Longwood and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Longwood is $3,319 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Winter Springs with an average starting cost of $3,075.
To help you with your search, browse the 443 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Longwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Longwood 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Casselberry with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Longwood find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Longwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Longwood, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Longwood
Longwood is a city to the north of Orlando and just to the west of Lake Jesup and the Spring Hammock Preserve. This scenic city is listed as one of the best places to retire in 2018 in Seminole County, Florida. Seniors who require help with daily living tasks will find 56 assisted living facilities in the area, including three within the city limits. Regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, these facilities provide room and board, grooming, meals and medication administration as well as additional limited nursing assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Longwood
- The cost of living in Longwood is 120.2, which is higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state average of 111. For seniors on a budget, this higher cost may mean less money for groceries and other necessities.
- Like many cities in Florida, Longwood experiences hot and muggy summers with highs around 92 and frequent rain showers in the afternoon. Winters are short and mild with lows around 48, which may make it easier for seniors in the area to enjoy year-round outdoor activities.
- The overall crime rate in Longwood is higher than the nation's average, which should be a concern for seniors living in the area. Violent crime is ranked 48.7, which is higher than the national average of 31.1, and property crime is ranked 48.0, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1.
- ITN Orlando is an organization that matches volunteer drivers with seniors who need transportation in Longwood and the surrounding area to and from a medical appointment and non-medical events. Rides are given at discount fares and can be scheduled in advance of when the need arises. Seniors may share a ride to save money or ride alone.
- The Longwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the South Seminole Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Longwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seniors Intervention Group, an organization that provides services like transportation, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Longwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Longwood start around $3,319 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Longwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Longwood
Seniors may receive help paying for an assisted living facility in Longwood and the state of Florida through the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care Program or through Assistive Care Services. The Managed Long-Term Care Program is for facilities with private and semi-private rooms that operate under a standard license. The Assistive Care Services covers services in assisted living facilities and licensed adult family homes that operate under a specialty license, which provides limited nursing services and extended congregate care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Longwood
Longwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Longwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Longwood
Longwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Longwood, FL
Other Options in Longwood, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Longwood
Review of Wayman Place
My sister will be moving into Wayman Place. It seemed to be a clean place and well organized. We took a nice tour, and we liked the place. We liked everything about it and all the services that the... Read more
Review of Cascade Heights
We went to Cascade Heights, and that was a really nice place. We would have really considered that, except it's just farther away from where we are. It has kind of a more large resort-style feel to... Read more
Review of Wayman Place
My husband was at Wayman Place. He needed more care than what he was getting there. I didn't know if the placement coordinator wasn't forthcoming with them, or I didn't know what the issue was, but... Read more