Brookdale Lake Orienta

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

217 Boston Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Brookdale Lake Orienta (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 3/26

For the safety of our residents, we are only conducting Virtual Tours. For over 40 years, Brookdale has been helping older adults live better, and we want to help you too! Please give us a call to discuss your needs and we'll create a virtual visit.

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Orienta

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lake Orienta

April 05, 2017

By EthanRay

My mother moved in approximately 3 months ago after an extremely hard decision to have her placed in an assisted living. She was very uneasy about moving into a healthcare facility. After the time she has spent there, we have both agreed that this was the best decision that we could have made . The staff are so good to mom , the food is surprisingly..excellent and the activities and weekly events they host are always such a treat for her as well as our family! One of the best thing about this place is their view from the pool deck that overlooks Lake Orienta. Such a beautiful property and a great location too. I highly recommend this place.

June 21, 2016

By Rebbecca Ann

Absolutely love having my Mom and Dad here! There are not enough great things to say about this place. The caregivers go above and beyond with the help that my Dad needs. The food is always excellent and the monthly events and family nights are so much fun for everyone! They recently had a Hawaiian Luau that was better that anything I've seen in Orlando. I wouldn't mind living here myself! They are currently under renovations, I am exited to see when this is completed. Looks like it will quite beautiful!

May 10, 2016

By TerryMSKXQ

Horizon Bay has a lot of people moving out right now. They raised the room cost last December and are raising them again in April. I am not really happy with them. My mother is not there anymore. The rooms were nice and some of the staff is very good, but my biggest complaint is that they don’t reward the ones that do well. They make them all put their tips in a jar to share them with the people who don’t care. They just painted the buildings, so it seems to be clean all the time. The food is terrible. They charge for anybody to eat there, and the food isn’t worth $4.

March 09, 2016

By NORMAJEAN

My parent has been a resident for almost ten years. It was a wonderful place, but since new owners have taken over, the staff has been cut to a point where the ratio of CNA's to residents at night is minimal - VERY MINIMAL! If your loved one needs personal help, I would strongly suggest that you not consider this facility.

July 31, 2015

By Tony25

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta was nice. They got a wall of veteran pictures, and they had a guy who was 101 years old, a Navy pilot, who I see on a regular basis. Every time I go in there, there are seniors doing stuff like classes or whatever. He said the food is good, and he has been there eight years. They have a singing class and a musician in the main lobby singing or playing the piano.

July 21, 2015

My parents have been in Altamonte Springs for two weeks now. The staff is amazing, very caring, and professional. The facility is incredibly clean and well-maintained, and the food is quite good. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and updated. They have various floor plans; the dining area is spacious, clean, quite attractive, and well-kept. They have all types of activities; they have trips, exercise, and art classes. The amount of light and open air are very impressing, it's very well lit, people are smiling, and even the residents greet you and say hello; they seem to be happy. It has a very happy atmosphere and very safe.

May 31, 2015

By DE

I wasn't that impressed with Horizon Bay Lake Orienta. The sales person I saw was professional, but I didn't see a lot of staff there. The place was a little bit shabby. I saw the memory care section, and it was kind of dirty.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

May 21, 2015

By Nancy111191150

My mother-in-law has lived in Horizon Bay Lake Orienta for a number of years. The place changed their name three times in fourteen years. It’s very nice and they keep it up nicely. We like the nice view that overlooks the lake. My mother-in-law picked this place because it’s close to her daughter. Even if she's 98 years old, she’s pretty sufficient, can shower and dress herself. Someone would come in and does the cleaning. She doesn’t really use the kitchen, but she comes down to have her meals. She has a small refrigerator and a microwave, twin bed, and has three dressers. It’s not a really big room, but all the bathrooms are big with a walk in shower and a little bench thing where they can sit. They don’t have to step over anything; they just walk right in. The bathroom is big enough for a wheel chair. I’m not fond of the food. We take her out to eat. The staff is very nice, very conscientious, and they keep track of people. They have lots of activities, but she’s getting older, so she doesn’t do as much as she used to. She goes to therapy for her hands and her feet because she has a lot of neuropathy. They do have arts and crafts, but she doesn’t do those; she used to do them. She has a group of ladies that play different games, like cards and bridge. They go to the swimming pool at times, but there are not enough people so they give up the exercise classes. They have Pilates and outings too. They have set dates, and you can sign up to go to plays, grocery stores, and luncheons. They have a nice big library for reading and stuff, a lot of different crafts areas, and a pool table which my husband and I usually play. I would rate them pretty highly because the people seemed pretty happy there.

July 31, 2014

By Gary37

Horizon Bay was a nice environment. The facility was clean; the staff was friendly and very professional. Everything was in pretty good shape. The layout of the facility and the rooms were nice.

July 31, 2014

By Cathy90540450

The rooms at Horizon Bay Lake Orienta were wonderful, but the only thing my mother didn’t like is they had their air-conditioning and heating unit in the inside of the room. It didn’t look bad, it looked perfectly new, but it took up space in the apartment. There's plenty to do for the residents. They play cards and they watch movies. They also have activities were they go to ballet or Broadway shows.

June 28, 2014

Horizon Bay seemed very nice. It was very homey, warm, and comfortable. I think this was due to the staff. The apartments were nice, too. They had one- or two-bedrooms, or a bedroom with a small kitchenette. Everything was lovely except for the people I saw there. They were more advanced than I am because they were just sitting, staring, and with walkers. I’m not ready for that yet.

March 27, 2014

By Elizabeth33

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta is a very clean facility, and even if it was located in a busier street, it was still relatively quiet. The place is beautiful, and the people are nice. The inside of the facility is very nice too. It’s a wonderful facility.

January 31, 2014

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta appeared to be a fairly new facility. It's very nice and very clean. The staff was friendly, but the other residents seemed not that friendly. The room was nice. My sister really wanted two beds and I don’t think they have it. We ate there and I thought the food was very good.

November 23, 2013

Horizon Bay was nice. It was very appealing. It was well-maintained and friendly. They do have gardens outside. It was a little different than most of the other facilities I visited. I would recommend this one but I would also tell them that they need to visit more than one place.

November 20, 2013

By Wilhelmina

The facility, Horizon Bay on Boston Avenue is new, impressive and gorgeous. Their rooms are gorgeous. However, as far as I'm concerned, having not lived there, I don't know what the work staff is like. During my visit though, they were a little bit formal. They did have exercise rooms and they did say that they have a person there that guided things but I didn't see them.

June 29, 2012

By Christine3

My mother used to be a resident of Horizon Bay. It's a clean and organized facility but I had to move her from there because she already reached to point that she needed more care. It wasn't their fault that they couldn't give what she needed. She's a fall risk. The staff were attentive but they just have more residents there. The girls tried the best they could but they had way more people to attend to. They have a hundred residents and I wanted a small population so that my mother can be seen right away. She was in a private room and my concern was they couldn't see when she was moving around and she would fall often.

April 17, 2012

By commercesd

Knowing that we would be in the Orlando area, we decided to make an appointment to see Horizon Bay Lake Orienta. We've always liked that area - and my friend's mother also liked it. We were researching possible places for her to live. We really liked how well the staff was prepared for our visit. They had taken the time to find out about my friend's mother and the things she likes. We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from. The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. Even though it was raining, we could see that it would be a great place to spend time. The snacks offered included everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods (geared toward health) to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all tasted really good. The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The guest lunch meal that we had was really great. Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are also offered. The residents go on trips to visit the many Orlando entertainment venues like art galleries and museums, casual and fine restaurants and to enjoy the many cultural events offered. We could see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect at all times.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Lake Orienta

October 22, 2013

By Tom35

Horizon Bay was nicely managed. It seemed to be very neat, clean and well run. The staff was very friendly. The room layout wasn't what my dad wanted. They had a smaller room and as you walked in, the kitchen was on one wall and no divider between it. It was the kitchen and family room, too.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Lake Orienta

Questions about Brookdale Lake Orienta

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Care Team receives daily updates, monthly in-services on relevant topics to enhance the care of our memory care residents, as well as regularly scheduled trainings to review updated information on the care of those with dementia.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Lake Orienta. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our overall population is fairly independent, loves to socialize and celebrate holidays. The average age is lower 80s and loves Out to Lunch every Monday, Happy Hours/Entertainment, Pet Visits & celebrations of a variety of holidays. They love being engaged in the community! Check out our community facebook page !!!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to enrich residents' well-being?

What places are near Brookdale Lake Orienta or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are numerous local restaurants, shopping ( Altamonte Mall Target, Publix, Hobby Lobby, Fresh Market), fast food restaurants etc... We are minutes away from beautiful Crane's Roost - nature walking trail including trendy retail and shopping options.

What transportation services does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled, daily transportation during the week that includes lunch outings, doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Lake Orienta exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to assisted living residents?

We have Concierge Service 7 days a week during business hours, as well as locked & secured doors. We also have a Care Team available in the community 24/7.

How does Brookdale Lake Orienta keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Brookdale Lake Orienta communication is a top priority, so we utilize the method preferred by the families to communicate with them about their loved ones, upcoming events, etc. We communicate with our residents verbally, written in flyers available in the Dining Room daily and displayed throughout the community. We use phone, text, email & mailing to keep everyone in the loop of what is happening within our community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Lake Orienta during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a Care Team available 24/7 at our community and the ratio will depend on our occupancy at that time. Daytime there could be up to 8, our Nurse & our Health and Wellness Director. At night, there could be up to 5 with our Health and Wellness Director on-call 24/7. Our Team is trained on how to manage their time with our residents personalized care needs to ensure all care needs are met correctly.

If Brookdale Lake Orienta accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and love having our residents bring their fur babies with them, when they join our family. They are able to walk their dogs in any of the common areas and have a great amount of space to take them on walks around the community area.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our whole Team received daily updates, monthly in services and regularly scheduled training based on the topic. We want to ensure that our Team is up to date on any & all pertinent training topics.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Lake Orienta. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Very Active Independent Living Senior Group at Brookdale Lake Orienta. Average age is mid to late 70s... Please call community for more details....

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Lake Orienta has organized?

Please be sure to see our community Facebook Page.... We go on Casino Cruises, Art Museum trips, Disney, the beach, Musicals etc......There are a variety of activities and programs offered at Brookdale Lake Orienta including Brookdale Fitness, Group Crossword Puzzles, Quilters Group, Happy Hours/Entertainment weekly, Bus Outings, movies & popcorn, pet visits and MORE!! We use the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to design our program calendar to ensure each resident is finding purpose in their day – Social, Physical, Emotional, Purposeful, Spiritual, Intellectual

What transportation services does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Lake Orienta exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Please see our community facebook page. Food is important and a big part of the day. We realize the importance of good and nutritious food. Our Dining Program is one that our residents have a role in and that is filled with a variety of options. Each day, our residents will have our Daily Menu that our Chef has selected, which will include up to 3 main entrée options with accompaniments & dessert. If those are not something they are interested in, we also have our Every Day Favorites Menu, which can be ordered from any day, any meal. This includes about 10 additional options that are generally daily favorites. We have a Menu Chat with our Chef every other week, where we review menus, get feedback and update on seasonal items that are coming up. In addition, Our menus are reviewed by a registered dietitian.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our community offers a wide variety of common space including a swimming pool area that over looks Lake Orienta

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to independent living residents?

Does Brookdale Lake Orienta work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Personalized Living Services are available ... Please call community for more details...

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

In our Clare Bridge, there are typically 3 Care Team Members plus our Resident Program Coordinator available for care. At night, up to 3 are available to care for our Clare Bridge residents. Exceeding state guidelines ...

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lake Orienta provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer numerous programming focused on exercising your brain. When moving into our community at the right time - our flexible, but routine driven activity calendar often prevents resident wandering to occur. In addition, We are staffed 24 hours with care associates.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lake Orienta offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

In our Clare Bridge, we use our Daily Path to establish a routine & keep our residents engaged daily. The Daily Path ensures that we are using our 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to encourage our Clare Bridge residents each day through a variety of activities. We also use what is called, their Life Story, which is a tool that is used to learn more about residents, as they move into our Clare Bridge Program, so that we can personally design their day based on their life, where they are in their journey and what activities & programs will bring them the most purpose. For example, if we learn that a female resident was a secretary during her life and in her dementia journey is in that time frame, then we will create activities that will provide purpose for her in that role. This could include setting up a filing station, having a notepad to take notes, etc. Every resident is different and every story is different and unique.

Initially when a resident moves in to our community, our Health & Wellness Director will conduct as Assessment to determine their current care needs and learn more about what we should prepare for in the future. After the resident has moved in, we will reassess over the first 72 hours to ensure they are settling in and that the original assessment was accurate. We will then reassess the first 2 weeks and then at the completion of the first 30 days. Formal assessment are completed every 6 months, but our Care Team will reassess at any point that there is a change and more care is needed. This will also include a conversation with family to ensure that everyone is on the same page and aware of the care changes. We believe that care is a partnership and will be treated as such with each of our residents and families.

What techniques does Brookdale Lake Orienta use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our techniques will be personalized to each resident. We have a variety of options including pre-cutting their meal into smaller bites, textured modified diets, puree options, and more. We want to create the best solution for each resident so that they can eat in a dignified manner. Ask us about our hot cloth aroma - refresh program

How does Brookdale Lake Orienta keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We ensure that there is open communication with all resident families and that we use the families preferred method of contact – phone call, text to get conversation started, one on one meetings, emails, etc. Again, care of our residents is viewed as a partnership and we want all communication to reflect that at our community.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Lake Orienta. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are tucked away off on a cul-de-sac, which provides privacy and a peaceful environment for everyone at our community. We have wooded areas surrounding our community and enjoy being close to local businesses, but located in a more quiet part of Altamonte Springs - Maitland

Is Brookdale Lake Orienta affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

At Brookdale, any physicians or hospitals are family choice. We are not affiliated with any one hospital and can give recommendations based on those that we have worked with in the past. However - Altamonte Hospital is across the street., less than 1 mile away.

Photos of Brookdale Lake Orienta

• Low Salt

• Spanish

• State Licenses: AL9795

About Brookdale Lake Orienta

Brookdale Lake Orienta provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Altamonte Springs, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Lake Orienta can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg, the mission of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Altamonte Springs, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Lake Front, outdoor heated pool, spacious outdoor courtyard, located by Florida hospital and Altamonte Mall. Our location has Independent living, Assisted living and Memory care.

Map of Brookdale Lake Orienta