61 Assisted Living Facilities near Altamonte Springs, FL
There are 61 Assisted Living Facilities in the Altamonte Springs area, with 9 in Altamonte Springs and 52 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Altamonte Springs is $4,189 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Maitland with an average starting cost of $3,796.
To help you with your search, browse the 442 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Altamonte Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Altamonte Springs 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Longwood with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Altamonte Springs find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Altamonte Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Altamonte Springs, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs, located in Seminole County, Florida, is home to over 44,000 people, 16 percent of whom are ages 65 and over. Altamonte Springs is home to nine of these communities, with another 54 ALFs in nearby cities such as Lake Mary and Casselberry. Florida defines assisted living facilities as residential care facilities that offer housing, meals and personal care services to disabled or older individuals. The Florida Department of Elder Affairs oversees assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs sits in the heart of central Florida, which means it enjoys year-round warm weather. Average high temperatures range from the low 70s during winter months to the 90s in the summer. Temperatures and humidity levels peak in July, when the average high is 93 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cost of living in Altamonte Springs is about 12 percent lower than the U.S. average. The biggest savings exist in housing and health care, while utility prices exceed the national average by 11 percent.
- Altamonte Springs is safer than 11 percent of U.S. cities according to crime data. While property crime rates are higher than the Florida average, the violent crime rates are lower than other areas in Florida.
- Altamonte Springs residents can access the city of Orlando’s robust Lynx fixed map bus system. Access Lynx is a shared ride door-to-door transportation service available for eligible seniors whose disability or limitations may prevent them from using Lynx buses.
- The Altamonte Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Florida Hospital Altamonte, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Altamonte Springs has an array of community resources for seniors, including Altamonte Springs Recreation, which oversees an annual Senior Health Fair, day trips, computer classes and exercise classes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Altamonte Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Altamonte Springs start around $4,189 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Altamonte Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Altamonte Springs
Eligible seniors can acquire financial assistance for assisted living through two state programs. The Optional State Supplementation program is a need-based program that provides a monthly stipend for assisted living expenses. The two-pronged Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program includes the Long-Term Care Managed Care Program and the Managed Medical Assistance Program, which are both available to Medicaid-eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Altamonte Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Altamonte Springs, FL
Other Options in Altamonte Springs, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Altamonte Springs
Review of Brookdale Lake Orienta
The aids are wonderful, however getting the help you need (that you pay for in addition to your fee) is another story. My mom needs assistance getting dressed and undressed. SOMETIMES there is help... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lake Orienta
Brookdale Lake Orienta looks like it's good so far, and the guys have been great to me. The guy who is the coordinator is super and everything looks great. The staff was wonderful and took as much ... Read more
Review of Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs
My 93 year old parents moved into Grand Villa of Altamonte in August in the midst of the pandemic. Great care was taken to make sure that they were kept safe from the virus and the staff could not... Read more