28 Assisted Living Facilities near Apopka, FL
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Apopka area, with 10 in Apopka and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Apopka is $3,082 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Winter Garden with an average starting cost of $2,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 122 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Apopka. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Apopka 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winter Garden with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Apopka, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Apopka, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Apopka
Apopka is located near Orlando, Kissimmee, and Lake Apopka. The city's agricultural industry has prompted it to be called the "Indoor Foliage Capital of the World." Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Apopka are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. Facilities can be licensed as a Standard facility or receive one of three Specialty licenses. Facilities with Specialty licenses can offer limited nursing services, limited mental health services or extended congregate care. Apopka has 11 assisted living facilities, with another 30 in nearby communities, including Altamonte Springs, Orlando and Longwood.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Apopka
- The climate in Apopka is warm year round but can be humid. In January, the average low is around 47 degrees, and the average high in July is 92. There are about 241 days of sunshine each year in Apopka, making it the perfect retirement spot for seniors who love the outdoors.
- The Apopka area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Florida Hospital, Apopka, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Apopka is provided by Lynx. Riders aged over 65 can apply for a discounted fare. Seniors may also be eligible for Access Lynx, a door-to-door service for people who are unable to use the normal bus service.
- Florida does not tax income from retirement funds, pensions or social security. In addition, the sales tax is close to the national average, and groceries and medication are sales tax exempt. This leaves more money available for retirement living.
- The cost of living in Apopka is close to the national average. Although groceries are slightly more expensive than the U.S. average, health care is 6 percent cheaper, and transportation is also less expensive.
- The crime rate in Apopka is higher than 84 percent of other Florida communities. The violent crime rate is very close to the Florida average, but at 40.6 per 1,000 residents, the property crime rate is around one-third higher than the Florida average of 26.87.
Paying for Assisted Living in Apopka
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Apopka start around $3,082 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Apopka and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Apopka
Financial assistance is available to seniors in assisted living through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. For Apopka seniors who receive Social Security income, additional funding may be available through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Apopka
Apopka and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Apopka, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Apopka
Apopka-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Apopka, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Apopka
Review of Panorama Living
We went to Panorama Living. They're kind of standoffish. Because we can't go through the front door we had to drive a truck around the back and take my father who can hardly walk in the backdoor. I... Read more
Review of Sunny Days Retirement Home Inc
My dad will be moving into Sunny Days in Apopka. One of the things I liked most about it is Linda, the owner, and her strong faith to her employee. The price is also better, though I wish I could g... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs
Brookdale Wekiwa Springs was nice, but my mother needed a little bit more assistance. The person during the visit was very professional, very nice and very informative. The dining area was an open ... Read more