26 Assisted Living Facilities near Ocoee, FL
Also serving communities of Windermere.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ocoee area, with 3 in Ocoee and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ocoee is $3,460 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Winter Garden with an average starting cost of $2,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 91 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ocoee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ocoee 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winter Garden with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ocoee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ocoee, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ocoee
Located in Orange County, Ococee is part of the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford metropolitan area, which offers seniors much to do and see, including the Morse Museum and Leu Gardens. The city has a population of 46,402, and 23.3 percent of it consists of seniors aged 65 and older. To serve them, Ocoee has two assisted living facilities. There are also another 23 in nearby communities.
The Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses and regulates Ocoee's assisted living facilities, along with the others in the state. This allows seniors to age in familiar surroundings where they are safe and comfortable.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ocoee
- Ocoee's cost of living is on par with the national average and one percent higher than Florida's average. This is mostly due to the high cost of housing. Area seniors might appreciate that the area's average cost of healthcare services is 12 percent lower than the national average, which could make it easier for them to find affordable healthcare options.
- Ocoee's overall crime rate is 10 percent higher than the Florida average and 17 percent higher than the national average. However, violent crime, which may be a particular concern for seniors, is lower than both state and national averages.
- Seniors in Ocoee can enjoy year-round warm weather. The average temperature in August is 82 degrees and the average temperature in January is 61. The summer is the rainiest time of year, with spurts of rain appearing on a regular basis. This might make it difficult for seniors to enjoy outings and events.
- Seniors with COPD or other respiratory illnesses may be happy to hear that Ocoee's air quality index is 28 percent better than the national average. The city also has a pollution index that's 86 percent better than the U.S. average.
- Seniors in Ocoee don't have to worry about paying income taxes. In Florida, income tax isn't charged on Social Security income, withdrawals from retirement accounts, or pension payments.
- The Ocoee area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Orlando.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ocoee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Ocoee start around $3,460 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ocoee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ocoee
Florida's statewide Medicaid managed long-term care program is available to low-income seniors who need assistance paying for services received while residing in an assisted living facility. Also, the state has an assistive care services program through the Agency of Health Care Administration that helps seniors cover assisted living costs. Seniors can apply for one or both of the programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ocoee
Ocoee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ocoee, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Ocoee Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ocoee
Ocoee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ocoee, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ocoee
Review of Country Comfort Care II
This is the cleanest place I have ever been to and seriously I wish my house was this clean. It is immaculate all the time even with random visits, the place was spotless. Also, the location is exc... Read more
Review of Madison at Ocoee
Lovely community, the staff and residents are warm, friendly and caring. They treat you like family. My mother loves the activities and the food. The menu offers a lot of options. Most important f... Read more
Review of Country Comfort Care II
Country Comfort was a good place for my friend, and it's only for 6 people. My friend lived there for 6 weeks. She stayed in a shared room. The meals are good, and she got breakfast, lunch, dinner ... Read more