Madison at Ocoee

Reviews of Madison at Ocoee

Assisted Living Reviews for Madison at Ocoee

June 26, 2018

By Melanie

Brookdale Ocoee is very nice. It is literally around the corner from where I live, so that's basically why I chose it. The staff was great. They were very nice when they were showing us around. They evaulated my husband. We had lunch there, and the lunch was delicious. The people seemed to care, and that made us feel comfortable.

November 03, 2017

By Lisa

Brookdale is very clean, very friendly, and they have lots of activities. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. They have a pool and a salon, and I liked that.

December 10, 2016

By JulieCirr

The only reason i gave 1 star is because i had to in order to write a review I don't feel they deserve any stars. The rent is very expensive especially if you consider that the food is mostly prepackaged and not only taste horrible most times but is horrible for you especially for people who have dietary restrictions which is something that doesn't matter to the administration. If they did consider it I'm sure there would be a fee attached just as there are many fees for anything "extra". My mothers shower has been broken since she moved in over a year ago... which they are aware of...it leaks all over the floor and is extreamly dangerous. Any medical personnel there is below the number of people they should have especially during the night. You would expect if your loved one is living there and had an emergency that when they hit the emergency call button someone would be there to help them well that's not the case so hopefully you live close enough so you can go and handle it yourself just as we've had to do for our mother. If your loved one needs any kind of help with things be sure to check the fee because thats on top of the very high rent which is being raised by over $200 for 2017 along with the fee rates which are also going up. Alot of the residents have been moving out which was happening even before the increase also alot of the staff has left which is definitely alarming. This is a business it's nothing more than that. They are not helping out the elderly in our community they are taking advantage of them and our loved ones are paying the price both monetarily and in lack of good care. If you are looking for a decent "Assisted" living place for your loved one to live... I strongly suggest you look elsewhere...

October 20, 2016

We chose Brookdale Ocoee for my mom. She's been in about 1 week. It's still new, and it's a safe environment, assisted living, They have 3 meals a day. They have arranged transportation for her, or I can take her to appointments, but her primary care comes to the facility.

June 08, 2016

By Happy Visitor423084

I visited Brookdale Ocoee, and it was very nice, but they did not have a handicap accessible bathroom and shower. They did not serve us anything and kept us waiting for an hour, but some of the residents were so nice. One woman actually came up, and we talked to her. She showed us her apartment, which was so nice.

November 07, 2015

By Helen105062050

I chose Brookdale because it was close to me. This is a better place than the one Dad stayed in before. He also likes Brookdale better than the other one. It is bigger, cleaner, doesn’t stink, and the people are friendlier.

August 19, 2015

By winrose88

I recently moved my Mom into Brookdale. Overall I am pleased with the facility. People are very warm and friendly. Within a day or two everyone called my mom by her name and genuinely wanted to help in any way they could. The nurse on the floor is good and the physical therapy seems excellent. So far I only have one complaint and that is the food. This may not sound petty but my Mom looks forward to her meals and then comes away almost hungry sometimes. She is on a very restricted diet and we were first told that they would most definitely work with her. I haven't seen it yet. She was then told just to pick off the food she can't eat. She's having a REAL tough time eating. And sometimes when she CAN eat something it's overdone and tough. But then there have been a few meals that have been very good. But they are few and in between.She eats at the second sitting and many times they run out of quite a few of the "options" on the menu due to serving it at the first sitting. One night she just wanted to eat dinner in her room and asked if she could do it. They said of course....but it will be $5.00. She said....no thank you. After all they pay to be in there I think that is crazy. So all in all.....the facility seems great so far. But in my opinion the food is substandard. And meals are a BIG part of their day so it makes it tough.

August 11, 2015

I like the way the rooms were laid out at Brookdale Ocoee (Formerly Emeritus at Ocoee). They were nice, airy, and bright. They had movie nights, they took them out for bowling, they offered to take them shopping, and some of the residents had their own car so they can come and go as they want. They were offering three meals and snacks. They had an area where they had an ice cream or dessert bar at least once a week.

April 17, 2015

Brookdale Ocoee was a little fancier, and it had more gardens. They do cooking, go to the mall, take them to the beauty salon, and they provide transportation. I like it very much, but the staff was very limited in speaking Spanish.

September 08, 2014

Emeritus at Ocoee was a beautiful facility. It was bright with a lot of lights and chandeliers. It had a cheery atmosphere. It was an uplifting and cheerful place. At that time, bingo was going on. In terms of price, I think it's a little high. Emeritus though is a secure place. They have some type of sign in books. Until they get to know you, you don't have to sign it anymore.

May 29, 2014

By William40

Emeritus we've been to, and I think we're going back in a couple of weeks. It was a nice place. It has a good location. It's close to doctors' offices and shopping, and it's also close to a hospital if they had that need. The staff seem like nice people, and they seem to have a lot of activities. They threw different types of themed parties for the clients who were staying there. The sanitation looked fine to us. The lady there was very helpful.

January 30, 2014

By Rita17

Before my mom passed away, she stayed at Emeritus at Ocoee for four weeks. It was a pretty facility. The grounds were pretty. They had a big wrap-around porch with rocking chairs. It was visually attractive. However, as far as the nursing staff there, they seemed to have attitude a little bit. Mom's room and furniture weren't as nice. Also her room wasn't cleaned properly. When I complained about it, they said that they were having trouble with keeping a housekeeping staff. Even the manager's office was messy and that was a turn-off to me and that was one of the reasons I did not want her to stay there. However, unlike in the other facility, here you can control the temperature of your room. That was a positive I think to be able to have control over the temperature the way you want it in your room. For activities, they did offer a lot, but my mom was sicker at that time so she didn't participate in as much. Also she took her meals in her room because she was too sick to eat in the dining room.

January 12, 2014

My mom was at Summerville Ocoee. She was never to take a shower alone because of her medication as well as the possibility of slipping and falling. She thought the CNA was telling her to take a shower, so she got undressed and got into the shower. Then, when the CNA arrived back, she was lying on the bathroom floor and had broken her hip. It's a beautiful facility. However, the fact that she broke her hip was a real turn off. In addition, when I got to the hospital, they had not sent any of her papers with her. I live across town, and I had all my mom's Do Not Resuscitate paperwork with them. I thought maybe they could send them over, but they couldn't find them. I thought it was very inefficient since they were not able to locate someone's DNR. I did not have a good feeling there.

October 25, 2013

We liked Emeritus at Ocoee. We were there briefly and as far as I can see the staff were very good. The facility was very nice and very well run.

October 11, 2013

By Bob40

My father was with Emeritus at Ocoee and it has horrible. It was just a place that I'm really tempted to file a complaint with the state about abuse. I would never, never recommend it anybody to Emeritus of Ocoee. He was constantly dirty. If my father went to meal then its fine and if he didn't then fine. They were extremely short staffed. I went out of town for an emergency for three days and they said they moved him to memory care because he was having trouble finding his way back to his apartment. In memory care I came in after three days telling them I would be gone and he came in the same clothes he had been three days ago. He was filthy, dirty, and unshaved. I found him in his wheelchair in a bed of urine under his wheelchair. I was in shock. It was horrible so I took him out. I was very unhappy with them.

June 12, 2013

By David27

We chose Emeritus for my mother because her general doctor is associated with it. The neighborhood is close to our house. I go there every day, it's really nice and she's very happy there. The price is way too much. It is $4,200 a month. I checked with four or five different ones around and they're all the same price. It's a very nice place with good food. They have different activities going on.

June 29, 2012

By LTC

I only wish my mom could have reaped the benefits of living at Emeritus at Ocoee a few years earlier. She has made friends and, after many years of living alone, once again has a real purpose in life. I recently took her out for lunch and, while we were sitting there, she told me how happy she is now. A mere 7 months ago, I would never have expected her to utter those words. The entire Emeritus staff is constantly working hard to make each and every resident happy. My only complaint...Mom is never in her room because there are so many wonderful activities that she loves to attend. I've learned that I can call the front desk and they will get a message to her immediately. Thank you Emeritus!

October 29, 2011

By Evelyn1

It's a little soon to rate much about my father's quality of life in his new home since he won't actually move in until next week. But, so far, everyone we have met and worked with has been extremely welcoming and knowledgeable, able to help with all areas relating to his future well-being. The conditions of the facility are wonderful, location is great and we are looking forward to this next phase in my father's life. He is looking forward to the friends he will have there and the comfort is his new surroundings. Check back with us in a couple of months for opinions on actually living there. The 5-star rating is pre-move in but if our visits so far are any indication, I'm sure the rating will continue.

Memory Care Reviews for Madison at Ocoee

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: AL9731

About Madison at Ocoee

Madison at Ocoee in the Orlando area helps seniors thrive, whether they need assisted living or memory care services. Our mission is to enhance our residents’ lives daily and provide them the care they require. From culinary to housekeeping to our leadership team, our knowledgeable and passionate service leaves residents with an undeniable feeling of comfort here.

Madison at Ocoee is centrally located in West Orlando and just minutes from downtown. Although we are close by the city’s amenities, we are far enough away to enjoy a comforting and quiet atmosphere. Take advantage of the convenience by being close to the Lake Olympia Square shopping center, Publix and Oaks Mall.

Assisted Living Services

Madison at Ocoee assists seniors with playing, eating and relaxing. With all your comfort and care services taken care of under one roof, you can pursue all the hobbies or passions you’ve wished to explore.

Our Services Include:

• Associates on site 24/7
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting assistance
  • Assistance with transfers

Memory Care Services

Your loved one will thrive here with individualized purpose, engagement and care. Our specialized associates in Alzheimer’s and/or dementia will provide the attention your loved one needs while encouraging them to pursue their independence with favored hobbies or activities daily.

Our Services Include:

• 24/7 specially trained memory care associates
  • Brain fitness and memory enhancement programs
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting assistance

No matter where you are in the Orlando area, we are a quick drive to come visit your loved ones!

Map of Madison at Ocoee