35 Assisted Living Facilities near Winter Garden, FL
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Winter Garden area, with 4 in Winter Garden and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Winter Garden is $2,950 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 165 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Winter Garden. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Winter Garden 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clermont with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Winter Garden, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Winter Garden, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Winter Garden
Winter Garden has four assisted living facilities within the city borders and an additional 58 in neighboring cities, including Orlando, Ocoee and Clermont. Assisted living licensure is handled by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, and Winter Garden has several types of communities.
All assisted living facilities provide resident meals, and those with a standard license offer basic personal-care services for reasonably independent seniors. Some communities have specialty licenses for limited nursing services (LNS) and extended congregate care (ECC) for residents who need more significant help with daily activities like bathing and mobility. Those with mental or physical conditions that require more supervision, care or medication administration should look for LNS and ECC homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Winter Garden
- Central Florida summers are long, hot and humid. The average summer highs in Winter Garden peak in the low 90s, while winter lows drop to the upper 40s and 50s. The city receives about 50 inches of rainfall per year, which is about 25 percent more than the national average.
- Unlike most states, Florida doesn't impose a state income tax on residents, and that includes retirement income like 401(k), social security and pensions. The state does charge sales tax, which is 6.5 percent in Orange County.
- LYNX offers reduced bus fare for eligible seniors, so transportation is affordable. For those who cannot use a fixed-route bus system, LYNX ACCESS has specialized vehicles that provide door-to-door service.
- The American Lung Association awarded Orange County an A grade for particle pollutants and B grade for high-ozone days. Winter Garden's air quality should not aggravate respiratory condition symptoms.
- There are 3.19 violent crimes per 1,000 resident per year in Winter Garden. That's about 25 percent lower than the state average of 4.3.
- At 9.6 percent over the national average, the cost of living in Winter Garden is a bit high. Health care costs are lower than average, but housing is 26 percent more expensive. This is reflected in the city's above-average monthly assisted living cost of $3,500.
Paying for Assisted Living in Winter Garden
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Winter Garden start around $2,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Winter Garden and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Winter Garden
There are a few ways for low-income seniors to find help with long-term care costs. The state provides an optional state supplement to seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits and also allows family supplementation without affecting Medicaid eligibility.
Florida has two programs, Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care, that can cover the costs of services at assisted living facilities. Eligible seniors are still responsible for room and board, but the MLTC plan negotiates those rates on behalf of participants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Winter Garden
Winter Garden and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Winter Garden, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Winter Garden
Winter Garden-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Winter Garden, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Winter Garden
Review of Sonata West
Facility is Beautiful! Spotless! My mother is very Happy in her Studio Apt! Ashley (Activities Director) is Excellent! She was the 1st person I met at Sonata! She gave me the Tour. She... Read more
Review of Golden Pond Communities
My mother's care at Golden Pond Communities has been pretty good, but the CNAs could be a little more on the ball. They have bingo, crafts, movies, and lots of activities. Her room is clean. The fo... Read more
Review of Golden Pond Communities
Our tour at Golden Pond Communities went well. The director of marketing took us around and showed us two available rooms, one of which was a shared room, and the other room was kind of a front of ... Read more