Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Reviews of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

March 27, 2017

By Leslie332818

I like Brookdale Wekiwa Springs, but they had too many add-ons. The staff were wonderful and very accommodating. The place was clean and very nice. They have a lot of entertainment, which is very nice.

March 06, 2017

By Richard644712

When we moved into Brookdale Wekiwa, we stayed in a cottage and liked it a lot. Because of our health, we had to move into the main building into a very small apartment. It is kind of tight, but we are getting along. They have a schedule of activities that you can follow or not follow that changes every week a little, so you just follow that schedule and pick the activities that you want to be in. They serve three meals a day, but we only eat the one evening meal. The staff is sometimes not very helpful; I think they can do a better job.

December 16, 2016

By A Happy Visitor014667

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs is a nice place. The room and the dining area are adequate. The grounds are very pleasant and very quiet. The staff is very kind, very easy to work with, and caring.

May 10, 2016

By TSL1

The staff at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs is great. The area and the facility are very nice. They just did a renovation, so it's very appealing aesthetically. The living quarters are very nice with very nice, large bathrooms. My room is large enough for me to fit a bed, a sofa with a coffee table, and an oriental rug under it. I have a curio cabinet and a small kitchen area with a refrigerator. The food is not as good as it used to be. They have very good recreations and a very nice activity director who comes in and greets me very often.

February 10, 2016

By Lisa115440350

My mom is at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs. It is a nice place. They are redoing it and giving it a face lift. It is looking very good. The workers are good. It is a memory care facility, so they bring the food to the residents. I am satisfied with their care.

March 31, 2015

By Paul104464050

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs is nice but a little pricey for my brother's situation. It is very nice. You come into the lobby, and there is a dining room off to the right, a nice looking library, and a television area. The staff that I talked to all seem to be good. It is really the only place I looked at, but I thought the rooms were nice, clean, and well cared for. The staff that I talked to seemed competent and caring. It has a memory center with it so that if a person needed that sort of care like Dementia or Alzheimer's, they can transition and be in the same place.

January 26, 2015

By Charles101870550

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs was an old facility. The dining area was small. The food was just OK. The staff was very friendly. The assisted living facilities were very small, and if you get to the point where you need a lot of help, you do not get much room. It is way smaller than other places. They do have independent living which is a separate unit that I would love to be in because it was 12,000 square feet. It has a garage with a garage door and screened in porch. They had a wonderful director who showed us around.

January 17, 2015

The people were very nice and very helpful. The place was not nearly as nice as where they are now which is now Brookdale. I have tried the food, and I have to say that the food at Brookdale is probably a lot better.

September 24, 2014

I thought it looked really nice on the outside and I think the people who were not memory care patients probably did well, but I found the memory care unit to be really dark and kind of low feeling, and closed in; it was just not open and spacious. The rooms were small and it was dark and dingy in there; it just didn’t feel like I wouldn’t have been able to be happy there. They had a small space outside, and their dining room is very tiny.

We are sorry to hear your tour of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs did not meet your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and provide feedback. Our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care and we will share your feedback with our management team

May 10, 2014

I was very impressed. Their environment is very great. They have a well-landscaped environment. I enjoyed our visit there, and the staff were great.

January 29, 2014

I moved mom in last September. The facility is alright and I like the fact that they have activities for my mom. They have exercises, they go out for a walk, and they also play bingo. They have people there that are dedicated for what they were doing and there are others just for paycheck. She's in a shared room and I think it could be a little bit better. I chose this facility because of its proximity.

October 11, 2013

This is the facility that I really like the best. My mother has Alzheimer's and I did like the fact that they did keep them out of the general public. I also like that they are in the area of the building that is just for Alzheimer's patient. They have rooms where you could have two people in and they also have single rooms.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

April 14, 2017

By Bob305082

Brookdale was a very nice, very friendly, and warm facility, but it was beyond our budget. The rooms and common areas were very nice. They served three meals a day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was homey.

September 18, 2016

By Cee103

I didn’t like our leader in Brookdale Wekiwa Springs, and I am a very talkative person. The staff is very good, but they need some training. Our director here is fine, but he has been in service for 25 years and is running the place like he wants to run and owns it. It’s a good place to be when you don’t have a place to go; it’s not very good over here. We have cottages. I live in one, and they don’t keep it repaired and painted like they should. The food is not so good not so bad sometimes. It is in a good location with shopping centers in the area and CVS store right at the road. We did have a lot of activities until the new recreation person came in; we’re complaining we don’t have enough to do because she is not planning the work that should be done.

December 15, 2015

By Donnie A.

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs had really wonderful cottages, but the food needed a lot of help. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant. They were in the process of going through some renovations, which made things a little confusing, but they handled everything very professionally. They're very close to everything, and it was very homey. I would recommend it as long people are looking for cottages.

May 27, 2015

By Marilyn46

I looked at the cottages in Brookdale Wekiwa Springs, and they were very nice. I really liked them. The price was a little higher than what I know I could afford at this time, but I wanted to see what their definition of cottage was, and they actually reminded me of the townhouses some time in Illinois. I met a couple of staff members, and they were very friendly. The prices were way more than what I was thinking, but they were very spacious.

March 16, 2015

I thought Brookdale Wekiwa Springs was fine. It looked like a nice place. It is very nice and clean. It has a good surrounding and a good environment. It looks very nice, and they have a lot of programs and good facilities. What they said is that they have a lot of good services, but my mother didn't go there. We didn't eat there, but the menu looked good. The dining area looked very nice. The room was nicely decorated, and it was clean. It has a nice feeling and spacious. Nothing impresses my mother, but I thought it had very good social interactions.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Questions about Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Care Team receives daily updates, monthly in-services on relevant topics to enhance the care of our memory care residents, as well as regularly scheduled trainings to review updated information on the care of those with dementia.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our overall population is fairly independent, loves to socialize and celebrate holidays. The average age is lower 80s and loves Out to Lunch every Monday, Happy Hours/Entertainment, Pet Visits & celebrations of a variety of holidays. They love being engaged in the community! Check out our community facebook page !!!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

There are a variety of activities and programs offered at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs including Brookdale Fitness, Group Crossword Puzzles, Quilters Group, Happy Hours/Entertainment weekly, Bus Outings, movies & popcorn, pet visits and MORE!! We use the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to design our program calendar to ensure each resident is finding purpose in their day – Social, Physical, Emotional, Purposeful, Spiritual, Intellectual

What places are near Brookdale Wekiwa Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are numerous local restaurants, shopping ( Target, Publix, Hobby Lobby, Fresh Market), fast food restaurants etc... Beautiful natural walking trails and natural springs in nearby park areas

What transportation services does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled, daily transportation during the week that includes lunch outings, doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Program is one that our residents have a role in and that is filled with a variety of options. Each day, our residents will have our Daily Menu that our Chef has selected, which will include up to 3 main entrée options with accompaniments & dessert. If those are not something they are interested in, we also have our Every Day Favorites Menu, which can be ordered from any day, any meal. This includes about 10 additional options that are generally daily favorites. We have a Menu Chat with our Chef every other week, where we review menus, get feedback and update on seasonal items that are coming up.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to assisted living residents?

We have Concierge Service 7 days a week during business hours, as well as locked & secured doors. We also have a Care Team available in the community 24/7.

How does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Brookdale Lake Orienta communication is a top priority, so we utilize the method preferred by the families to communicate with them about their loved ones, upcoming events, etc. We communicate with our residents verbally, written in flyers available in the Dining Room daily and displayed throughout the community. We use phone, text, email & mailing to keep everyone in the loop of what is happening within our community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a Care Team available 24/7 at our community and the ratio will depend on our occupancy at that time. Daytime there could be up to 8, our Nurse & our Health and Wellness Director. At night, there could be up to 5 with our Health and Wellness Director on-call 24/7. Our Team is trained on how to manage their time with our residents personalized care needs to ensure all care needs are met correctly.

If Brookdale Wekiwa Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and love having our residents bring their fur babies with them, when they join our family. They are able to walk their dogs in any of the common areas and have a great amount of space to take them on walks around the community area.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our whole Team received daily updates, monthly in services and regularly scheduled training based on the topic. We want to ensure that our Team is up to date on any & all pertinent training topics.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

COTTAGE LIVING .... Driveway, Garage, Very Active Independent Living Senior Group at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs. Average age is mid to late 70s... Please call community for more details....

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs has organized?

A trip to Wekiwa Springs Nature Park

What transportation services does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Wekiwa Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Several Common Areas - Business Office , Library, Garden, outside sitting areas, courtyard, Private Dining Room

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to independent living residents?

COTTAGE Living - Life Alert - and can call Assisted Living Community anytime for assistance requests.

Pet Friendly - Cottage Living offers walking paths and your own personal yard.

Does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Personalized Living Services are offered per request ... Please call community for more details....

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

In our Clare Bridge, there are typically 3 Care Team Members plus our Resident Program Coordinator available for care. At night, up to 3 are available to care for our Clare Bridge residents.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

Numerous programming focused on exercising your brain. When moving into our community at the right time - our flexible, but routine driven activity calendar often prevents resident wandering to occur. In addition, We are staffed 24 hours with care associates.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

In our Clare Bridge, we use our Daily Path to establish a routine & keep our residents engaged daily. The Daily Path ensures that we are using our 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to encourage our Clare Bridge residents each day through a variety of activities. We also use what is called, their Life Story, which is a tool that is used to learn more about residents, as they move into our Clare Bridge Program, so that we can personally design their day based on their life, where they are in their journey and what activities & programs will bring them the most purpose. For example, if we learn that a female resident was a secretary during her life and in her dementia journey is in that time frame, then we will create activities that will provide purpose for her in that role. This could include setting up a filing station, having a notepad to take notes, etc. Every resident is different and every story is different and unique.

Initially when a resident moves in to our community, our Health & Wellness Director will conduct as Assessment to determine their current care needs and learn more about what we should prepare for in the future. After the resident has moved in, we will reassess over the first 72 hours to ensure they are settling in and that the original assessment was accurate. We will then reassess the first 2 weeks and then at the completion of the first 30 days. Formal assessment are completed every 6 months, but our Care Team will reassess at any point that there is a change and more care is needed. This will also include a conversation with family to ensure that everyone is on the same page and aware of the care changes. We believe that care is a partnership and will be treated as such with each of our residents and families.

What techniques does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our techniques will be personalized to each resident. We have a variety of options including pre-cutting their meal into smaller bites, textured modified diets, puree options, and more. We want to create the best solution for each resident so that they can eat in a dignified manner. Ask us about our hot cloth aroma - refresh program

How does Brookdale Wekiwa Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We ensure that there is open communication with all resident families and that we use the families preferred method of contact – phone call, text to get conversation started, one on one meetings, emails, etc. Again, care of our residents is viewed as a partnership and we want all communication to reflect that at our community.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Wekiwa Springs. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are tucked away off on a cul-de-sac, which provides privacy and a peaceful environment for everyone at our community. We have wooded areas surrounding our community and enjoy being close to local businesses, but located in a more quiet part of Wekiwa Springs

Is Brookdale Wekiwa Springs affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

At Brookdale, any physicians or hospitals are family choice. We are not affiliated with any one hospital and can give recommendations based on those that we have worked with in the past.

Costs for Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: License #AL9829

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. .

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9829