Palmetto Landing

Reviews of Palmetto Landing

Assisted Living Reviews for Palmetto Landing

May 30, 2014

By Bruce17

Emeritus was very nice. It was an excellent facility. The staff did a great job. She was informative, and I had no issues with her at all. The single rooms were kind of small. They didn't have a double room, which was much more to my parents liking. They didn't like the smallest of the single rooms. The dining room was very nice, well organized and detailed. It was a very good atmosphere.

April 22, 2014

By Bill44

We visited Emeritus. I liked that it was close. However, it had a very strong citrusy odor that I was allergic to, so we didn't stay very long. They could work on getting rid of the citrusy odor.

February 14, 2014

By caring66371

Emeritus was very good and I was happy with them. The staff was excellent. There were some activities going on with the residents. They brought me into the rooms and they were very nice. The dining room was very nice but I did not eat there.

January 22, 2014

By W-Busey

I would urge you to think twice about having your loved one stay here. They screwed up the dosages on my my loved ones required medication. As my loved one progressively got worse they did nothing to try and help her. I understand that the patient has to be willing but if we did not move her we feel she may not have made the improvement she made since. Also they can not seem to keep staff and directors for very long here. Very little if any staff still there that we know of from when we moved her there.

December 29, 2013

By Karen72916950

I didn’t have much opportunity to look around at Emeritus at Tuskawilla, but the facility is beautiful. They have an activity's director and they listed the things to do in the hallway. They have bingo, church meetings, and it looked like they had a game room going on just about all the time. At that time, the place was full so I didn’t spend a lot of time researching.

June 22, 2013

I like Emeritus at Tuskawilla because it wasn't too large nor too small. They had an outdoor area with little garden pathway and a gazebo, but it was all enclosed within the facility so residents couldn't wander or get lost. The room that I got to see was not too big nor too small. It does allow for a sofa and a good-sized closet. It also has a little kitchenette but no stove, so accidents can be prevented. It has a nice big window where my mom could look at a view outside. Also they had a variety of activities and they had Sunday Services. Lastly, I found the admission personnel to be extremely helpful. They even called us to do follow up.

August 27, 2012

By lovemygrandpa1

My 90 year old grandfather had resided in the Tuskawilla Emeritus since August 21, 2010 until he passed away, and I cannot say strong enough praise regarding the facility. My grandfather was treated with respect and patience. His residence is kept very clean and tidy, the trash can's seem to be always empty.His restroom was always well-kept and sanitary. Emeritus really felt like home for him and made his last days special. It receives constant professional attention from the maintenance manager. Also contributing to the feel at home feeling is Deborah, who is the "Cruise" Director. She always has many activities planned for each day .The kitchen staff provides great tasting and healthy meals.They would have family brunches about once a month.This is where the whole family could come for brunch.It was a great feature as it was a good setting to bring the younger members of the family to see grandpa.All in all Emeritus is a great facility and I would recommend to anyone who has an elderly relative who needs a new residence.

August 16, 2011

By cdayton

My Grandmother lived in this facility before she passed away. It is a very clean and comfortable facility, with friendly staff and a "home like", welcoming environment. There is ample indoor and outdoor space for the residents to enjoy. My Grandmother lived in an assisted living setting, with her own small apartment to enjoy. We always loved the fact that she had the care she needed, but also her own space to go to when she wanted (a private room with a small fridge, television, bed, and sitting area). Activities in the facility were plentiful and, though my Grandmother could (chose to) keep to herself at times, she was always personally invited to attend them by members of the nursing and activities staff. I loved the fact that they made her feel included, but still respected her privacy when she did decide to say no at times and just enjoy her own space / private time. Visitors in the facility were always welcomed by the reception staff and invited to attend meals, activities, and enjoy outdoor time with the residents if they so chose. When my Grandmother passed, the staff at the facility remained very compassionate with our family and respectful of the time it took to clear her personal belongings, say our goodbyes, etc. It was obvious that they respected and loved her as a member of their family and we really appreciated that during our time of need. I really cannot say enough positive about this facility. I would highly recommend it and would not hesitate to place another loved one there if the need arose.

Costs for Palmetto Landing

Photos of Palmetto Landing

Services and Amenities of Palmetto Landing

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Licenses: ALF Certification

About Palmetto Landing

Enjoy Every Stage of Life

At Palmetto Landing, our team provides Orlando, FL area seniors with Assisted Living that feels like home. To ensure residents have the independence to fully enjoy our active and engaging lifestyle, we help them with daily activities – personal care, medication reminders, dining and more.

Our compassionate Memory Care team provides consistent and caring support to help seniors with Alzheimer’s, and other forms of dementia, feel relaxed in an environment that’s safe and secure.

Our community offers comfortable studio apartments with their own private bathroom as well as suites complete with a convenient kitchenette. We also offer a variety of activities and programs that have been uniquely designed to support each and every resident. As a nonprofit, we invest in our community and team members to ensure residents receive the best experience possible.

Helpful services and amenities:

• Game room
  • Walking paths
  • Courtyard & garden
  • Living Room
  • Single-story living, no elevators or stairs
  • Private dining area
  • Restaurant style dining
  • Special dietary menus
  • Landscaped grounds

Assisted Living

Sometimes all it takes is a little support to ensure your loved one is able to live a more fulfilling life. At Palmetto Landing in Orlando, FL, our team of care professionals creates a unique service plan to help your family member maintain their level of independence. In addition to helping with daily activities like personal care, medication reminders, dining and more, we offer housekeeping, linen service, and scheduled transportation for shopping and doctors’ appointments. You can always count on our dedicated team to lend a helping hand.

Memory Care

At Palmetto Landing, all our residents, including those in Memory Care, enjoy access to our picturesque courtyard and garden area located in the center of our community. Modeled after an actual park, the fully secured courtyard features a fountain, beautifully landscaped lawns, a gazebo, walkways and even a garden area for our residents with green thumbs. It gives all our residents the freedom to walk outside in the Florida sunshine.

To help maintain routine and provide consistency, your loved one will see many of the same team members throughout the day. This allows each of us to get to know your family member’s desires and preferences, making Palmetto Landing in Orlando, FL, feel more like a close-knit family.

We are a boutique style, one-level community that offers the trifecta of excellent care, nutritious dining and wonderful activities!

Map of Palmetto Landing