19 Assisted Living Facilities near Ocala, FL
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ocala area, with 17 in Ocala and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ocala is $3,191 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,465.
To help you with your search, browse the 238 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ocala. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ocala 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Belleview with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 31 families in Ocala find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ocala, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ocala, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ocala
Ocala is in Marion County in northern Florida, a region known as "horse country." It features a 350 acre national landmark and nature theme park called Silver Springs that seniors may enjoy visiting. Ocala also has 17 assisted living facilities, and there are 14 others in nearby areas like Oxford, Dunnellon and Belleview. There are three types of assisted living facilities in Ocala. While all provide meals and some level of personal care, the services they offer differ based on their licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ocala
- Ocala, like most of Florida, gets its share of rain, with annual rainfall totals about a third higher than the national average. Summers are humid and hot, with high temperatures in the 80s and 90s, and winters are mild with average lows in the 40s and 50s.
- The Ocala area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Florida Hospital Ocala, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Florida is one of seven states that don't have state income taxes, which means there are no taxes on pensions, 401(k) payments or social security benefits. Seniors coming from out of state may find more budget flexibility in Ocala.
- High levels of ozone in the air can aggravate respiratory conditions, but seniors don't have to worry too much about that in Ocala. The American Lung Association gives Ocala a B grade due to its relatively low number of high-ozone days.
- Ocala has an array of community resources for seniors, including two Adult Activity Centers that provide referral services, health screenings, organized trips and clubs for seniors in Marion County.
- There are 7.85 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year in Ocala, which is nearly double the national average. By comparison, Florida averages 4.3 such crimes, which makes Ocala less safe than other nearby cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ocala
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Ocala start around $3,155 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ocala and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ocala
Low-income seniors may qualify for one or both of Florida's state programs that cover costs of services in long-term care facilities. The Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care programs don't cover room and board, but the state does allow for family supplementation and also offers an optional state supplementation for SSI recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ocala
Ocala and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ocala, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ocala
Ocala-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ocala, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ocala
Review of The Windsor of Ocala
Don’t let the beautiful facility and nice staff fool you: Place is understaffed and care is below standards!! One (only 1) person cares for all the residents (@80) alone at night. The food is no... Read more
Review of Camelot Chateau Assisted Living
We moved into Camelot Chateau Assisted Living. It seems they are attentive, friendly, and efficient, as far as the care of the patients are concerned. In fact, I might say they're a little annoying... Read more
Review of Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
My friend is at Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle. We do lots of emails and phone calls, and they're very responsive. They give out newsletters. Her room is very nice and nice sized. The staff is fanta... Read more