Sumter Senior Living

Reviews of Sumter Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sumter Senior Living

February 08, 2018

By 000123CG

It is very sad to see the changes that have taken place in the community. I think the staff does not have the team mentality to serve the residents appropriately.

November 21, 2017

By Disgruntled001

Staff is not very accommodating. There is supposed to be a point system to determine the level of care received but I've yet to learn how many points my spouse is on. I have to check up on everything, they don't always help her shower and so she goes without. They just dump all of her clothes in the laundry basket so they don't have to hang things up. They've left her shoes laying around and I'm afraid she'll trip over them. The bathroom smells badly as though the drains don't work properly. I think I'll have to move my wife to another facility as she doesn't seem to be receiving the care she needs. The aides are spread too thin and take a long time to respond to a call. They are pleasant but most likely underpaid and overworked.

November 18, 2017

By caringrelative100

My relative is struggling here. They do not provide the levels of care that is advertised. Don't move your loved one here and have them suffer with the almost non existent care. The aides hide and hang out together and take a long time to answer a call for help. Everyday I see residents calling for help and no one around to help them.

May 31, 2017

By r-b-321767

I visited Sumter Place in The Villages, and I would not go back. It did not seem inviting. The people I met seemed nice, friendly, and accommodating. Their grounds were OK -- nothing spectacular. I was easy to access. The furnishing turned me off. It was not old, but they had very heavy dark furniture that did not look inviting.

Thank you for your review and for visiting Sumter Place in The Villages. While our furniture may not have been appealing, I'm grateful to hear that our team was friendly and accommodating. I wish Sumter Place had felt more inviting to you, as I hope everyone who walks through our doors feels comfortable, you are absolutely right to find an Assisted Living community that makes you feel like you're home. We wish you all the best in finding a community that feels like home and that provides the best care for your loved one.

May 30, 2017

By carol813161

Sumter Place in The Villages was nice, and the staff was friendly but not quite as interactive. The place looked bright and clean. There were a lot more residents sitting around.

May 26, 2017

By an434205

Sumter Place In the Villages's staff was very nice, but they just didn't show me what I was trying to look for. They had three meals a day and some delicious snacks. They have some musicians come in once a week and a bus tour that takes them out for scenic drives every week.

May 25, 2017

By marion542673

Sumter Place was too expensive for my aunt. It's brand new, very well-kept, the staff was friendly, and they had a lot of activities. The rooms were spotless, large, airy, and bright, and they had a nice kitchen. I thought it was a very nice place, and everything was lovely there.

March 27, 2017

By Scott405170

We were looking for a place for my father, and we had the chance to visit Sumter Place in the Villages. The place was very nice, and the people were absolutely outstanding. They could not be more helpful. I was extremely excited and pleased to be able to come down to this place assuming down the road we can do that. I would highly recommend this place.

November 23, 2016

By Hilda350664

I was unimpressed with Sumter Place. They showed us the fitness room and the memory center, and I was very disappointed with all of it. We spent two nights there, and they were very unaccommodating in terms of the dietary requirements that I had. However, it was very attractive. The staff was friendly, but I did not like the food.

November 23, 2016

By Donna775553

Sumter Place was very nice, but the price was expensive. The rooms, apartments, and dining area were nice too. The staff was very friendly and helpful -- especially the first person that I spoke to. When I called her back, she was very helpful and gave me a lot of information.

November 13, 2016

By Glenn885461

We had a really nice visit at Sumter Place Assisted Living, but it was just too big for us, and their activities were a little bit steeper than what we were used to. It was a beautiful place, and the accommodations are really nice. The staff who assisted us did a very good job of telling us what we would receive and what we would do there. There were a lot of activities, but most of them were things we didn't necessarily like. There were laundry services, a reading room, and a room where you can do puzzles. They showed us a 1-bedroom with a living room, a bathroom, and an extra room with a microwave where we could eat. The people who work there opened the front door for us and welcomed us, and they were very accommodating.

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.818711

The first thing I like about Sumter Place in the Villages is that you can use all their amenities and all the things they provide like golf, bowling, and getting discounts on different stores. You had access to all the entertainment. The dining area was very nice. The food was good. They have a lot of woodwork all over which I like, but the rooms are just too dark, and the furniture looks so cheap. The decorations are too dark and gloomy and make me feel moody. I was disappointed. It’s expensive. I think it’s like 3 or 4 stories, and I don’t care for that. It makes me too confined and too claustrophobic when you have to go either up the stairs, use elevators, and then go down hallways to get to your place.

September 11, 2016

By BN

We went to Sumter Place, you go in independent, move to assisted, and they got long term care. We liked that. Everybody was friendly, it was very warm, and when you walked in, you feel comfortable. The restaurant was open all, there’s no set time for meals, and they give you three meals there. They have excursions, activities, and a small pool, and they were within distance of a golf course. We loved the apartments very much; they had corner apartments that seemed to be larger than some of the others, and it was all decorated very nicely.

June 10, 2016

By David662041

Sumter Place is very nice and relatively new. They have independent living that operates under a different name, plus memory care and assisted living. It’s a pretty large, multi-story facility with a 24-hour café serving sandwiches, donuts, pie, cake, and various beverages that the residents can go anytime and get something to eat. The dining room is open from about 7 a.m. to 9 or 10 p.m. It also has a full-service bar and entertainment on a regular basis. The assisted living is an open concept. Instead of hallways, they’ve got living room areas situated every few hundred feet. The residents in the assisted living don’t have any large refrigerator or stoves or anything, but they have a microwave and a small refrigerator. I did not go in to the independent living side, but from what other people have told me that had parents living there, it’s regular apartment-style living with a fine dining restaurant facility.

April 17, 2013

My brother liked Sumter Place. It was a clean and small facility. They provided assistance to almost everything.

Independent Living Reviews for Sumter Senior Living

May 02, 2021

By Beverly

I went to Sumter Senior Living. It was a very nice place. I guess the thing I didn't like is there was not enough open space outside compared to the other place I looked at. Everything I've seen was very nice, and it looked very clean. The staff was very nice. She communicated very well, and she was very inviting, friendly, and accommodating. It was very well kept. I've seen their dining room, it looked very clean and nice, people were sitting there, and they seemed happy. The rooms looked nice, spacious, and kept up. I saw a two-bedroom; they were light, and they had a balcony. They have a pool, they do pool activities, they have a gym, they have a beauty parlor, they have a library, they have an exercise room, and they have a bar.

February 11, 2020

By susank3

Toured this past week and very impressed with the rooms, The food choices and the variety of amenities. I like that the buildings are hurricane safe for sheltering in place. I thought Patty did a great job giving me all the information I needed to make the best decision for me.

December 06, 2018

By Paul

I've been to Sumter Place In the Villages a couple of times, and I like it a lot. I think the community was very active and very positive. There are lots of things to do, there are different choices, and there's a lot of people there. In the independent living there are a lot of individual homes or town homes even though they're very close in the community. There are different stages of living. So if you go in there relatively early and then you get a medical condition and decide to be less independent, you can move to a more appropriate part of the community. The residents really love being there, so they're really pleased with it. There's a golf cart within the community, lots of restaurants, lots of stores, and anything you want, even lawyers and medical. It's very highly regarded. It's one place I would consider for the future. They're not living in high-rises. They go out of their way to engage the people around them so there's a lot of camaraderie, and lots of the people are very outgoing.

November 28, 2017

By DaveF

We just moved my father into there a little over a month ago. Highlights: 1. Overall the staff is very nice and generally accommodating 2. The food is terrific (watch out for the warm cookies in the afternoon you will get addicted)! 3. They definitely promote social activities. Lowlights: When we moved my Dad in the room was absolutely atrocious. I had to removed rodent dropping from under the sink and there was a distinctive smell in the room. The carpet in the bedroom was supposed to be replaced due to heavy staining. During that first week I put in two work orders to at least have the carpet cleaned. My father has put in several as well. As of this writing it has not been cleaned or replaced!

August 21, 2017

By Charlotte

Sumter Grand in The Villages was like a cruise ship on land. It's very nice, but too expensive for us. Everything was upscale. The staff was very helpful and very nice. They gave us a complimentary lunch, which was very good. We looked at their calendar of activities, it was inviting, but there wasn't anything going on at the time.

May 30, 2017

By carol813161

Sumter Grand in The Villages's rooms are very nice, clean, and modern, and they have quite a few different sizes. The residents look happy.

April 12, 2017

By RDT

Sumter Grand is totally independent living. It has lots of stuff going on and is a little bit more expensive and a little newer. It has a big, lavish lobby and an open bar area where you can go in and eat. This place has a very fancy area where you can get flavored water with fruits, croissants, cookies, and all kinds of coffee. The advantage of living in Sumter Grand is the fact that you are a member of The Villages, so you have all rights of The Villages and can go to all of those shindigs, which is a very big advantage because we are very social. We like to get out and get around. They have every kind of club, too. You can have your car downstairs in shaded parking. The first thing you see is the dining room, which is buffet-style for the most part. For breakfast, I know they are definitely a buffet. We ate in the saloon, which is right next door, and the food was delicious.

February 07, 2017

By John450881

We were most impressed with Sumter Grand. The staff was really nice, and we liked the different apartments that we viewed. It's set up more like a resort, and it was like a cruise ship. There was a pool and an exercise area; you can come and go as you want. They give you two meals a day, and it was suitable to the way we thought it should be.

November 22, 2016

By Joseph580775

Sumter Grand matched all our personal requirements. We liked everything about it. They had large rooms. They had three different buildings. One was pretty much independent living, the second one was assisted living, and they had memory care. It suited us just fine. There was a covered parking. We also like that the age group there was more suitable for us.

Memory Care Reviews for Sumter Senior Living

Costs for Sumter Senior Living

Photos of Sumter Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Sumter Senior Living

• Entry Fee Cost: 2500
  • Fee Structure Extra: Independent Living Is Base Rent. Cable, Phone, Internet Provided. Assisted Living Is Base Rent Plus Support Care. Memory Care Is All Inclusive Rate And Care.

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Bistro, Billiards, Gym,

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Beautiful Pool And Pub In Independent Living Golf Cart Parking Dog Park In House Salon Newly Renovated Assisted Living With A Bistro

• Diabetic
  • Special Diets
  • Low Salt

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: 24/7 Nursing On Site

• Occupational Therapy

About Sumter Senior Living

It's not like home. It is home.™ Sumter Senior Living is much more than senior living—it's a way of life. Here you'll find a distinctive living experience filled with friendships and life enrichment activities. Step outside and discover peaceful outdoor spaces perfect for visiting with friends, gardening, enjoying fresh air or bird watching. At Sumter Senior Living, conveniently located in The Villages® community, we want you to live life to the fullest. Spend time with friends old and new in our community rooms. Take care of your health in our fitness center and indoor heated therapy pool. Explore enriching interests at the library, theater and arts and crafts studio. Beyond our convenient on-site offerings, you'll also gain access to The Villages® Amenities. With Florida sunshine, caring staff and friendly neighbors, you’ll feel the warmth right away.

Located in the heart of The Villages with Village Amenities. Truly a lifestyle for everyone from Independent Living to a nurturing and supportive Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Map of Sumter Senior Living