The Villages is a fast-growing master-planned community that was designed specifically for adults ages 55 and up. Because of this, it has an incredibly high population of seniors, with 81.6% of its residents aged 65 or older. Rated among the best places to retire in the entire country, The Villages has a wide range of senior-friendly shopping, dining, and leisure facilities. As well as being tax-friendly, The Villages is a very safe community.

The area has a range of high-quality assisted living facilities. These communities are ideal for seniors who need a little assistance with day-to-day tasks like housekeeping, meal preparation and personal care. They are generally staffed around the clock in case of emergencies. Here, they share an average cost of $4,950 per month, which is relatively high compared to state standards.

This guide provides information about the cost of assisted living in The Villages as well as some of the free resources available to the area’s seniors.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in The Villages, FL

2014, 2015, 2016

Freedom Pointe at The Villages

1550 El Camino Real, The Villages, FL, 32159

The lady at the front desk of Freedom Pointe CCRC was not very accommodating — she was actually rude. We went to the wrong building. We went to the independent living building, and she was rude, very … (read more)

Sumter Senior Living

1490 Killingsworth Way, The Villages, FL, 34748

Sumter was very nice, but it was too far, and I wanted something that was closer to me. The staff was very friendly, very professional, and very knowledgeable. If somebody lives in The Villages, this … (read more)

Serenades at The Villages

2450 Parr Drive, The Villages, FL, 32162

My mother-in-law will be in Serenades at The Villages assisted living. It’s excellent, they’re well-trained, and have enough staff. The place is extremely clean with enough amenities and outside trans … (read more)

Watercrest Spanish Springs

930 Alverez Avenue, The Villages, FL, 32159

We visited Elan Spanish Springs and we saw the rooms. They were very nice. The location was exceptional, it’s near every kind of restaurant and every kind of shopping opportunity. It’s just amazing. I … (read more)

Watercrest Buena Vista

5867 E County Road 466, The Villages, FL, 32162

Facility cancelled via voice message the day before our scheduled tour. They left two numbers to call to reschedule but never returned any call backs (multiple). Never was able to tour facility and … (read more)

2022

Buffalo Crossings Assisted Living

3890 Woodridge Drive, Lady Lake, FL, 32162

I will be staying at Buffalo Crossings Assisted Living. One of the reasons that I chose the place was that it’s a medium-sized facility. I can’t believe how the staff, even the guy pushing the broom, … (read more)

2022

Lady Lake Senior Living

930 County Rd 466, Lady Lake, FL, 32159

I was so please with the he friendly atmosphere free m residents as I took my tour, and the beautiful decor. I especially LOVED the comfy chairs in the movie room and library! The activities sheet is … (read more)

2016

HarborChase of Villages Crossing

13517 NE 86th Court, Lady Lake, FL, 32159

HarborChase of Villages Crossing has been great. There are many people that work there, from administration to the staff, who are very caring, and who do their job very well. I’ve been very pleased wi … (read more)

Village Veranda at Lady Lake

955 South US Hwy27/441, Lady Lake, FL, 32159

The move-in fee at Village Veranda costs about $3000, It’s a one time fee and they said if you move in by the end of the month, it would be waived. The meals are included, as well as snacks, medical a … (read more)

2016

The Springs of Lady Lake

620 Griffin Ave, Lady Lake, FL, 32159

My sister will be moving into The Springs of Lady Lake. She’s not there yet, so we only walked through the facility. They’re pleasant people, and they seemed to be happy with the facility. It was the … (read more)

Heidis Haven-Fruitland Park

36321 Grays Airport Rd, Fruitland Park, FL, 34731

I went to Heidi’s Haven. I talked to the caretaker that was there, she was very nice, and gave me the man’s name and number, but when I called him, he couldn’t get off the phone fast enough. He wasn’t … (read more)

Highpoint at Stonecrest

17201 SE 109th Terrace Rd., Summerfield, FL, 34491

The Carriage House Gracious Retirement Living

4680 Bellwether Ln, Oxford, FL, 34484

The Carriage House was very good, clean, and well-maintained. The people were very outgoing and helpful. The dining area, rooms, and layout were good, and it’s a fairly new facility.

The Willows

4725 Bellwether Lane, Oxford, FL, 34484

The Willows was very nice. Jackie was the one who helped me out and she was very nice and very helpful. She showed me how the whole place looked like. She showed me an efficiency room and an apartment … (read more)

2014

Mission Oaks

10780 N. US Highway 301, Oxford, FL, 34484

When we had to decide on where my Mom should be we knew 2 things. It needed to be close to us and it needed to be safe. We were so glad that Mom has enjoyed everything about .issuing Oaks. From the wa … (read more)

Summerfield Suites LLC Assisted Living

17421 SE 109th Terrace Road, Summerfield, FL, 34491

Mom lived here for six years during her journey through Alzheimer’s. The care was excellent. The staff treated her as if she were their own mother. Do not hesitate to move your loved one here!

Trinity Springs

12120 Co Rd 103, Oxford, FL, 34484

The ambiance at Trinity Springs was very, very lovely. It’s clean and they offer wonderful benefits. The apartment was very impressive and the staff seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. T … (read more)

Caregivers Comfort Care For Elders

11296 SE Highway 42, Summerfield, FL, 34491

My friend has been staying in the Caregiver’s Comfort Care For Elders for a week now. It’s a homelike situation. They probably have five or six residents only. It’s very comfortable, very family-like, … (read more)

Melissa’s Place Adult Day Care Canter

711 Cleveland Ave. , (CR 466A), Wildwood, FL, 34785

Heidi’s Haven – Lady Lake

39106 Graya Airport Road, Lady Lake, FL, 32159

Heidi’s Haven – Lady Lake was like a home, but people were just sitting around in a living room watching television. There were no planned activities. They’ll cook whatever you want and you’ll get ver … (read more)

What to Consider About Assisted Living in The Villages

In The Villages and the rest of Florida, assisted living facilities are governed by the state’s Agency for Health Care Administration. This body regularly inspects assisted living facilities to ensure that they are meeting state long-term care standards.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in The Villages

• The air quality here is better than the national median, at 65 points compared to 58. This makes The Villages a good place for those who have respiratory conditions.
  • There is a low number of physicians here at 37 per 100,000 people compared to the national average of 210 per 100,000. However, the local Villages Regional Hospital has been rated high-performing in two specialties: the treatment of COPD and heart failure.
  • The Villages is a very safe area. Rates of both violent crime and property crime are around two-thirds lower than the national average.
  • The overall cost of living in The Villages is 3.9 points higher than the U.S. median of 100. Fortunately for seniors, health care and transportation costs are low compared to many other American cities.
  • The Villages has a warm year-round climate with no snow in the winter. The city gets more sunny days than the national average, at 234 compared to 205.
  • Florida is a very tax-friendly state for retirees. It has no income tax, no estate tax and no inheritance tax.

Paying for Assisted Living in The Villages

Assisted living in The Villages costs an average of $4,950 per month. This price is higher than the state average, which comes to $3,700, according to Genworth’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey. It is also more expensive than the national median of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

At $4,950 per month, The Villages has relatively high assisted living costs compared to many Florida cities. On the panhandle, Tallahassee is more expensive, at $5,506. Resort city Palm Bay is more affordable, at $4,100. In Miami, assisted living costs an average of $3,500. Seniors in Tampa pay even less at $3,225.

$4950

Palm Bay

$5506

Tallahassee

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors in The Villages who are looking to save money might consider a different type of long-term care. For example, homemaker and home health aide services are cheaper, both averaging $4,124. Adult day health care is the most affordable option, at $1,625. Nursing homes have the highest costs, with a semiprivate room averaging $8,973 and a private room averaging $9,551.

$4124

Adult Day Health Care

$4950

Assisted Living Facility

$8973

Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)

$9551

Nursing Home Facility (private room)

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in The Villages

Florida has two programs which offer financial assistance to residents of assisted living facilities. These are the Medicaid Long Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver.  The Optional State Supplement may also be available to seniors who receive Social Security income.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in The Villages

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in The Villages

The Villages has a wide range of educational and recreational resources catering specifically to elders. Seniors living here can take advantage of the following resources to help them plan and execute a transition to long-term care.

ResourceContact Service
Elder Options(800) 262-2243As the local Area Agency on Aging, this organization offers resources to support seniors ages 60 and up. These include a health insurance counseling program and an elder abuse prevention initiative. Seniors can also get information about long-term care options here. Evidence-based healthy aging classes help promote fitness, balance and nutrition in the local elder population.
Florida Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program(888) 831-0404Florida’s long-term care ombudsmen are volunteer advocates for residents of care homes. As well as providing information about elder rights and senior care laws, they investigate concerns of abuse and neglect in long-term care facilities and resolve them through mediation.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida(352) 726-8512In addition to a range of free self-help resources, this nonprofit law firm offers pro-bono services to seniors, veterans and low-income adults. Experts here can help victims of fraud and abuse and those who have been denied health care, veterans’ benefits or health insurance. Seniors can also get help creating wills and care directives.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in The Villages

The Villages-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in The Villages