19 Assisted Living Facilities near The Villages, FL
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the The Villages area, with 3 in The Villages and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in The Villages is $4,166 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Lady Lake with an average starting cost of $3,553.
To help you with your search, browse the 163 reviews below for assisted living facilities in The Villages. On average, consumers rate assisted living in The Villages 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lady Lake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in The Villages, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in The Villages, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in The Villages
The Villages is an age-restricted community in Sumter County that Forbes magazine named one of the 25 Best Places to Retire. Over 51,000 people make their home there, and around 78 percent are 65 or older. Seniors who wish to retire to this community can choose from three assisted living facilities in The Villages, or 15 in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in The Villages
- Florida has no state income tax which means that all seniors in The Villages have more money in their retirement budget, no matter their source of income. Sales tax in the state is close to the national average.
- The weather in The Villages is warm and sunny, with 238 days of sunshine each year. In summer the average high temperature is 91 degrees, and the January low is 43, which is good for seniors looking to escape the cold.
- The Villages area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Villages Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Villages has many arts and culture events for seniors to enjoy. The community has welcomed many artists to the Outdoor Concerts and The Sharon Performing Arts Center also hosts regular performances throughout the year, including the homegrown Villages Philharmonic Orchestra. Seniors who like to get involved can join one of The Villages many arts and crafts, dance, music or theater programs.
Sumter County Transit offers public transportation in The Villages. Seniors receive a discount on fares and may be eligible for door-to-door or shuttle deviations services.
- The cost of living in The Villages is around ten percent higher than the national average; however, this is largely due to the high cost of housing. Groceries, health care and transportation are all less expensive than both the Florida and U.S. averages.
Paying for Assisted Living in The Villages
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in The Villages start around $4,246 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in The Villages and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in The Villages
Florida has two programs which offer financial assistance to residents of assisted living facilities. These are the Medicaid Long Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver. The Optional State Supplement may also be available to seniors who receive Social Security income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in The Villages
The Villages and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in The Villages, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in The Villages
The Villages-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in The Villages, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in The Villages
Review of Freedom Pointe CCRC
My aunt loves it at Freedom Pointe at the Villages. She loves the food, she says it's beautiful, and she's very happy there. I think there's a library. The communication is good, and they're respon... Read more
Review of Elan Buena Vista
Elan Buena Vista is a new community. It's wonderful. They take people out shopping, they take them out to restaurants, they have regular activities like games, and they have a cocktail hour. The st... Read more
Review of Elan Buena Vista
Élan Buena Vista is very professional, very clean and upscale. The staff was very professional, welcoming and friendly. The place itself was very open and very welcoming. The carpet was clean and n... Read more