31 Assisted Living Facilities near Belleview, FL
Also serving communities of Candler.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Belleview area, with 2 in Belleview and 29 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 331 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Belleview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Belleview 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Summerfield with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Belleview, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Belleview, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Belleview
Belleview is located on the shores of Lake Lillian, which is the focal point of many community events throughout the year, including a fishing derby, arts and craft fair and the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Seniors retiring to the area will join a sizable senior population as almost 20 percent of the city's 4,500 people are aged 65 and older.
Seniors in Belleview can find accommodation in one of the area's 32 assisted living facilities. Depending on the type of care they offer, these facilities may have a Standard or Specialty license. All assisted living facilities in Florida are licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Belleview
- The Belleview area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Villages Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Marion Transit Services offers a door-to-door, scheduled ride service to people living in Marion County, including Belleview, which seniors may be able to utilize.
- There is no state income tax in Florida, so seniors can keep their tax bill low, whether their income is from pensions, retirement funds or Social Security. Sales taxes in the state are also close to the national average, which may help seniors who are on a fixed income.
- Belleview has warm weather throughout the year, with an average low in January of 45 degrees and a high in January of around 93. The city gets 52 inches of rain each year and summers can be humid, which some seniors may find uncomfortable.
- The overall cost of living in Belleview is 86 on the Sperling index. This is 14 points lower than the national average and residents can save on many everyday expenses, including groceries and healthcare. This may allow seniors to put more money towards their assisted living budget.
- Belleview has a very high overall crime rate of 65 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 97 percent of Florida's other communities. The violent crime rate of 7.25 is more than three points higher than the state rate and the property crime rate of 57.42 is more than double the Florida average. Seniors may wish to investigate the security procedures at any facilities they visit to ensure they feel safe.
Paying for Assisted Living in Belleview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Belleview start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Belleview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Belleview
The Assistive Care Services waiver and the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program offer financial assistance to Belleview seniors in assisted living. Residents receiving Social Security Income may also be eligible for additional funding through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Belleview
Belleview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Belleview, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Belleview
Belleview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Belleview
Review of Prestige Manor
Prestige Manor was recommended to me by a friend as we have a friend already in there. The staff was very helpful, very good location, safe, and secured. It’s very clean and spacious. I would highl... Read more
Review of Prestige Manor
Prestige Manor was a God send. They cared for my dad for 2 years. The staff was very caring, and the administrator was so nurturing and was always available. My dad loved the food and all the fun a... Read more
Review of Prestige Manor
I chose to put my mom at Prestige Manor. The staff were wonderful and they really loved the residents. They really tried their best to take care of them the best they could. They were very caring a... Read more