Brookdale Paddock Hills

1601 SE 24th Road, Ocala, FL 34471
Brookdale Paddock Hills (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Paddock Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Paddock Hills

September 17, 2015

I did visit Brookdale Paddock Hills. It was a very nice facility, but it was a little bigger than what I was looking for. It didn't have quite as personal appeal to it as a smaller facility. However, it was very nice. The person who was giving me a tour of the facility and giving me information about it was pleasant and helpful. It seemed to be a very nice facility, and I didn't have any issue with it, but it was just a little bigger than what I was looking for for my dad.

August 21, 2015

I visited Brookdale Paddock Hills. The staff was friendly. The place was nice. It wasn’t top of the line, but it was fine. The rooms were nice and clean. Their dining facility was nice. They have just about every activity there from bingo to arts and crafts. They also have dances.

August 09, 2015

By Bonnie109210850

The staff was attentive at Brookdale Paddock Hills (Emeritus at Ocala East). The safety concerns were also a priority for them. The food was good. The rooms were small, but they were adequate and clean. They had a nice entertainment area. They had church services, ball exercises, chair exercises, and bingo. What impressed me most about the facility was the cost.

July 28, 2015

We found Brookdale for my mother-in-law. What we liked most about it was the attentiveness of the care. The attitude of the staff was very positive. They were very accommodating. We had some feedback from some of the patients that were there, and that was positive as well. The room was semi-private and recently refurbished, and they were installing an additional wall to accommodate us. We had not tasted the food, but according to the patients, the food was very good. She would be going there on Friday, and she would be evaluated for 30 days. In the memory care section, the activities were numerous in terms of types of section they had on a daily basis. The programs seemed to be very well laid out and planned. They seemed to be accommodating in terms of specific needs for my mother-in-law. She needed some assistance in the morning; they could accommodate that. My wife and I believed that she would not stay in memory care; she would go in the general population. I thought they were really bending over backwards to accommodate us.

December 05, 2014

I visited a friend at Emeritus. I thought it was nice and pleasant. There were a lot of people going down the halls. Last year at Thanksgiving, they had the inside decorated with the colors of Halloween and potted plants a,pmg others. It was very cheerful-looking. The workers in the place were very nice and more cheerful than you’d expect. She showed me a room with a little place where you could cook, a little place for your TV, and a bathroom, but it was just one room.

October 22, 2014

By mommiesgirloo7

I visited this Community last month. I have been on the search for assisted living for my mother for several months. My brother and myself had a wonderful,informative experience. We have now visited 6 assisted livings in total. I have spoken to the same admissions persin each time. Often she called us to check on mom. I do not live in the Fl area and will say this, the facility is smaller,homelike, friendly and the people that live there all said they were happy! I could have.moved my Mother in a more spacious attractive place,but when you speak or walk into this facility it feels safe and attentive. This will be moms new home very soon.

September 29, 2014

He moved in the end of June. We think that it’s a great place. The people are nice. The place is clean. They have lots of activities. They have a calendar they put out every month. They have parties and picnics on Memorial Day and Labor Day. They’ve got bingo, live music, ice cream socials every week, and a bus that takes them to the stores. The rooms are decent sized. It’s very inexpensive compared to a lot of them -- I do know that too -- and that’s what we were looking for because he doesn’t have a lot of money. We don’t have any problems at all.

August 28, 2014

By Carrie14

I liked Emeritus East. I was just concerned with the activities. I wanted my grandmother to have enough activities. However, we went on a weekend, I knew they had not as many activities on weekends. It would have been a better fit for my grandmother because it might have fewer amenities, but it was more home-like. The also had nice environment. However, the person who gave us the tour didn't normally do it, so I couldn't have some information on some of my questions that day.

July 29, 2014

By Caring72060050

We liked what we saw at Emeritus at Ocala East. The rooms were good, but not exciting. The hospitality they have was warm and wonderful, but we expect that because we are their prospective clients. The food was very good, but we find them a little pricey.

June 26, 2014

I noticed Emeritus was very clean and there was no smell. The people are very cordial. It's very pretty, neat, and tidy. I saw one of the rooms, and I saw the dining room, and they were also very inviting. I noticed it was very pretty in there.

January 31, 2014

I didn’t like Emeritus at Ocala East because there was something about it. It looked like a converted motel turned into a senior citizen home. It just didn’t work out for me. I just saw somebody singing in their activity room. All in all it didn’t appeal to me.

January 17, 2014

By Florence6

One of the reasons why we choose Emeritus for my son is the mobility to home. The staff is helpful and friendly. He has a private room. It is not top of the line, but it is fair. I think the food is bland and I don't actually like it. They have activities like bingo. They do take trips and they go on shopping. Everything seems to be going well and they seem to be doing a good job with him. It is a homey place and my son is happy. I will recommend them to others.

December 30, 2013

By B Howard2

We were very impressed with Emeritus. It was an upscale facility. It was clean and it had a large staff.

December 28, 2013

By Bridgette1

We visited Emeritus at Ocala East and it was horrible. It was more expensive and it stunk. The kitchen was kind of pitiful looking. If somebody marked up the wall, they painted it but the pain didn’t match. The carpet room was dirty. The carpet was dirty in the hallway. It was just really pitiful. I wouldn’t put my worst enemy in it. The person who took us around, it was like she had never done it before. She was nervous.

November 30, 2013

By Lynn22

Emeritus at Ocala East is a small facility. I have a friend that lives there and he is very comfortable. The staff is very pleasant and there are always tons of people. The rooms are small, but very nice. They have a new van that takes people everywhere which is great.

October 10, 2013

By buggaboo

I called in and asked for some information on moving my mother into assisted living. To be honest I was lost! I spoke to a young lady by the name Caresa very pleasent and answered my questions. She invited mom and myself for lunch that same day and offered to show us around. The food was wonderful . Staff passing during our tour was friendly. We felt very comfortable talking with caresa. All the residents i spoke to were very happy.

September 20, 2013

By Nici1

I have my mom in Emeritus at East. She has been there since May. She loves it there. She has an apartment that is perfect for her. She also loves the food. My mom is just as happy as she can be. The staff there is as good as it gets and I like them. I also like the residents that live there. Emeritus has plenty of activities for them. There are residents around the community all the time. They don't just stay in their rooms. They would sit outside under the portico and they seem to enjoy themselves. We're very happy with this facility.

August 13, 2013

By Nancy55569050

One of the things that Emeritus impresses me with is that they have five levels of care when others only have three. My dad is in level four and they told us what care he would get under that level of care. They were very kind and patient. They answer all of my questions when I did the tour. They show the rooms to my dad and they are very patient in talking to him aloud because he was deaf and he is not wearing any hearing aid. They understood the situation that my dad is 95 and he wasn't able to take care of himself any longer. My dad has a short-term dementia and they had more understanding on it as they also have a dementia unit. They place my dad under the assisted living section and they sit down with us and discuss finances. I also like that they have a pendant that the residents can wear around your neck and the can push the button and it will alert the front desk and all of the staff. They made adjustment on the cost to accommodate the amount of money that he had. They try to accommodate him to make him feel more like at home. I am also impressed that they have food choices and if the residents don't like the food choices, they will bring them what they want to eat.

July 25, 2013

By Sandra31

Our connection with Emeritus at Ocala East is not that very good, but it's more of my feeling. I have nothing negative to say about them. I think they are a very caring community. Their food is very good. If I have a concern for my husband, they addressed it immediately so I have no negative complaints about them.

April 16, 2013

By Caring 3160

I was able to visit the Emeritus at Ocala East. The people in charge were not there. It was their maintenance man who showed me a one-bedroom apartment. He was very nice, but he really doesn't know anything about the prices and could not offer any information. He also told me that someone would call be back, but no one did. My husband did not like the place at all. It was dark and very depressing.

March 29, 2013

By Diane15

I didn't really like Emeritus at Ocala East. The rooms were dimly lit and shabby. The food was not appealing at all.

December 11, 2012

By Snowlady59

My mom is there, place is clean and cute halls that look like a street ... Mom is happy there

June 05, 2012

By Bob6

Emeritus is a good choice for my mom. It's very near her doctor and the place is very clean and the people are very nice. The rooms are adequate for her. I personally would like them a bit larger though. The environment is very much into nature with trees and very relaxing. We are still in the decision making process but Emeritus definitely is one of our top choices.

February 19, 2012

By Bettye Liberty

Very impressed with Ocala East. All staff very friendly. Carissa, Zulie, and Tony are wonderful, caring, and sensitive people. Because of my contact with them, I feel very at ease leaving my precious mother at Emeritus at Ocala East. I am impressed with the variety of activities for their residents. Great place.

November 01, 2011

By Dorothy A

I worked as a home health nurse for many years and had several residents that I visited at this facility. All of the residents that I cared for were very pleased with their home, and the staff and care provided. My mother is now moving to this facility, and we have been very impressed with the cleanliness, in-depth assessment of individual needs, and the caring attitude from all of the staff. All of our questions have been answered promptly and extensively.

September 23, 2011

I find Emeritus East a clean, cheerful facility with a wholesome atmosphere. And more than that, all the staff and employees are super friendly and helpful in my time of need. It didn't take long to decide that this is where I want my husband to be taken care of. I have the utmost confidence that he will be.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Paddock Hills

Questions about Brookdale Paddock Hills

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

- Our staff is trained monthly on Dementia Care Topics. We use Teepa Snow training and our Clare Bridge Skill Builders. - Upon hiring, all of our associates go through Associate Foundations. On the last day of the orientation process, associates take our Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia class.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Paddock Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

- Our average age of our residents are 80. They love to go shopping at places like Walmart, Dollar Tree, Publix. We do have a number of residents who go on lunch bunch weekly and they attend our happy hour weekly. There are about 10 residents who go on special outings.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Paddock Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

- We have Lunch Bunch every week on Tuesdays - We take special trips to local vendors like the Appleton Museum, Parks, Petting Zoo’s, etc… - We take a person centered approach to activities based off of our residents’ life stories, and add activities such as gardening, trivia, baking, crafts, etc… - We have social hours such as Happy Hour, Birthday Bash, and New Resident Social - We also do shopping trips to places like Walmart and the Dollar Tree - Lastly, we hold our Friends for Life Event once a month where residents, families and prospects can come to our community and enjoy an evening of live music, appetizers, and tour of our community.

What places are near Brookdale Paddock Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

- We are about 5 minutes away from Advent Health Hospital - There are local parks that are close to our community within a 5 mile radius - We also have local restaurants, nail salons, and shopping within a 5 mile radius - We also have the Appleton Museum of Art and the Ocala Civic Theater within 6 miles of our community

What transportation services does Brookdale Paddock Hills offer to assisted living residents?

- We have our community bus that takes our residents to local special outings and doctor appointments - We also have our community car that is available for doctor appointments and other outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Paddock Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

- Our dining program offers fresh baked items. This includes daily snack for our residents. You will find fresh baked cookies, muffins, danishes, etc…. - Our soups, entrees, sides and desserts are made from scratch. - Our chefs also make sure to put the finishing touches on every plate by using the Brookdale Garnish Program. We make sure that your plate is enhanced with nutritious color - We also offer Menu chats hosted by our Dining Services Director where residents are able to give feedback about the meals. - Residents are also able to submit all reasonable menu suggestions to our kitchen

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Paddock Hills offer to assisted living residents?

- Each resident gets a key to their own room. - We have monthly fire drills and elopement drills and a head count is administered. - We keep our side doors locked at certain times of the day and night - Our front door is also locked after 8p.m. at night. Family can visit, but an associate has to let them in.

How does Brookdale Paddock Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

- We hold weekly care conferences that are scheduled with families where the Health and Wellness Director will talk about any concerns/ successes with the resident. - We also have our guardian angel program. Each manager is assigned to a group of residents where we check on them weekly and speak with families monthly to discuss any concerns. - Our Facebook page is updated weekly with postings on our outings and activities within the community. Families are able to “like” the page and keep up with the goings on of the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Paddock Hills during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff patterns are determined by current resident's assessed care needs and fluctuate to meet those needs.

If Brookdale Paddock Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

- We have our front patio and our side patio where residents enjoy walking their dogs. Residents also enjoy sitting with their pets in our front lobby. Our staff really gets to know our resident’s pets by seeing them in our common areas

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

- We have 2 Resident Aids, our Program Manager and a nurse on duty during the day. Evening shift, we have 2 Resident Aids and a med tech or nurse on duty. Overnight we have a Resident Aid and a med tech/ or nurse on duty.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Paddock Hills provide to protect residents who wander?

- In memory care, we have our front door that is secured and our back door in the patio that is secured and locked. Our door that leads to the patio is open from dawn to dusk but locked in extreme weather purposes. - We have monthly fire drills and elopement drills and a head count is administered. - We keep our side doors locked at certain times of the day and night.- Our front door is also locked after 8 p.m. at night. Family can come visit, but an associate has to let them in.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Paddock Hills offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a Person Centered Approach to our activities using the Life Story Form of our residents. This Life Story Form includes past hobbies, vacation memories, family life, past jobs, significant life changes and information about Activities of Daily Living. station, gardening station, our country kitchen, and our work station. We adhere to our Daily Path where each group activity is on a scheduled routine. For instance, we always have a Morning Mental workout/Reminisce activity at 11:00 a.m. to stimulate the brain. We have clustered programs twice a day. We have at least 6 group programs on our daily schedule. We also go on local outings once a week to restaurants, petting zoos, museums, etc….We hold our Happy Hour every Wednesday and we also have a Birthday Bash once a month.,We hold a Friends for Life event once a month where we invite residents, families and prospects to come to our community and enjoy live entertainment, appetizers, and a tour of our community.

- We have our nurse, in house doctor and our Health and Wellness Director assess the health and cognitive functioning of our residents. The program manager also does an assessment every quarter for Dining Skill Evaluations and Program Evaluations. Program Manager and nurse are available during meal times to assess residents on eating habits in order to prevent weight loss in the community. Blood pressure and weights are taken once a month on all residents. Resident Aids inform Program Manager or Nurse of any changes that they notice as well.

What techniques does Brookdale Paddock Hills use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Essential oils to enhance appetite and promote relaxation. - Each resident is evaluated using our Dining Skills Evaluations, assessed by our Program Manager. - Resident Aids sit down with residents during meal times to eat with them. This encourages residents to finish their meal and serves as an “at home feeling” for our residents. - We have Dementia friendly food options from our kitchen. For example, if a resident has lost their ability to use utensils and eats better with finger foods, there are French fries available instead of mashed potatoes.

How does Brookdale Paddock Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

- There are scheduled care conferences every Thursday where families can discuss any concerns with the Health and Wellness Director, and the Program Manager. - We have our guardian angel program where the Program Manager, Health and Wellness Director and ED are assigned to residents in Memory Care. We check on them weekly and contact families monthly to discuss any concerns/successes with the residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Paddock Hills. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

- Our community is located near a business district. There are many doctor offices near our community and places to shop and eat.

Is Brookdale Paddock Hills affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

- Advent Health Hospital is 2 miles from our facility in case of emergencies. We have 2 more hospitals near our community that residents can list on their care profile

Photos of Brookdale Paddock Hills

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: AL7428

About Brookdale Paddock Hills

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7428