21 Assisted Living Facilities near Leesburg, FL
Also serving communities of Webster.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leesburg area, with 9 in Leesburg and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leesburg is $3,059 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Eustis with an average starting cost of $3,050.
To help you with your search, browse the 174 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leesburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leesburg 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lady Lake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Leesburg find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leesburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Leesburg, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leesburg
Considered "The Lakefront City" by locals, Leesburg is located near the southern Florida tip in the Lakeland area with an estimated population of around 21,570. The town offers seniors an option of eight local assisted living facilities (ALF) and 49 nearby ones. Each community works alongside the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation to develop a stringent list of care options, such as activities of daily living (ADL), medication management and caregiver qualifications to ensure seniors enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle. The Bureau of Health Facility Regulation is also responsible for all regulatory and licensing procedures and approvals for all assisted living facilities in the state and manage all complaint investigations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leesburg
- Residents in Leesburg have one of the best costs of living in the nation. The price to live here is 7 percent lower than the national average and 7 percent cheaper than the state average. Seniors that live here save an average 7 percent on health care and 23 percent on housing.
- Warm winters averaging 59 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit in Leesburg allow seniors to participate in more outdoor recreational activities than in most other cities. Average temperatures in the summer rarely exceed 92 degrees.
- The air quality index (AQI) in Leesburg is 29 percent lower than the national average. While seniors can breathe easier, high pollution particle levels make those with allergies or asthma-prone to illness.
- The town of Leesburg has some of the highest property and crime rates in the nation. Seniors may not feel secure walking around in a city with a 134 percent higher violent crime when compared to the national average.
- The Leesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Leesburg Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Leesburg, part of Lakeland, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Leesburg start around $3,059 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Eligible seniors can receive financial assistance in Leesburg through Florida Medicaid, Managed Care Waiver Long-Term Care Program (MLTC), Medicaid State Plan, Assistive Care Services (ACS), optional state supplement (OSS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leesburg
Leesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leesburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leesburg
Leesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Leesburg, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leesburg
Review of Heidis Haven Bonaire
My mother is a resident at the Bonaire Drive House. I moved her there about 2 months ago from a large assisted living facility, where she got lost in the crowd, lost weight and lost interest in liv... Read more
Review of Heidis Haven Lasalida
My mother is at Heidis Haven Lasalida. They had good reviews so I called the number, I talked to the guy in charge, and I went out there to walk around and talk to the other people there. There wer... Read more
Review of Heidis Haven Bonaire
My wasnt there very long about 4 month but she came along way from where she was when she got there. Maraida, john and tiffany were so good to her. Read more