The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Tavares, FL for 2023
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tavares area, with 6 in Tavares and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tavares is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tavares. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tavares 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eustis with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Tavares find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tavares, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Tavares, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tavares
Tavares has a flourishing senior population. In fact, seniors age 60 and older make up 42.7 percent of the total population. Fortunately, there are 28 assisted living facilities in the Tavares area to meet the needs of its aging population — six located within the city limits and 22 in nearby communities. Assisted living facilities (ALF) in Florida are regulated by the Agency for Health Care Administration. This administration upholds a series of regulations, rules, and statutes for assisted living facilities to ensure that they meet the individual needs of each senior as well as the needs of the community as a whole.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tavares
- The cost of living in Tavares, Florida is slightly lower than the national average. On the cost of living index scale, Tavares scores an 88, with the national median being 100. Seniors may find living in this area of Florida more affordable than similar cities.
- The crime rate in Tavares is lower than the national average but higher than the median crime rate in Florida as a whole. There is a one in 42 chance of a Tavares resident becoming a victim of any type of crime, which may be worrisome to some seniors.
- The Tavares area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Waterman, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Tavares is ideal for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. With the exception of July, August and September, which can see highs in the low 90s, the temperature hovers around a comfortable 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air quality in Tavares is 29 percent better than the national average, making it a great place for seniors with respiratory problems to reside. Tavares' air pollution rate is also 85 percent better than the national average.
- While Tavares does not have senior-specific transportation options, it does have transportation options for all citizens that are also accessible to the elderly and disabled. One example of this type of service is LakeXpress, a service with fixed routes and wheelchair access.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tavares
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Tavares start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tavares and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tavares
There are several options available for eligible seniors in need of financial assistance for assisted living in Tavares, Florida. Two of these options include Florida's Medicaid program and the state-funded Optional State Supplement (OSS), which can pay for a portion of one's assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tavares
Tavares and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tavares, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tavares
Tavares-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tavares, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tavares
Review of Brookdale Tavares
We toured Brookdale Tavares. It was very clean and very well organized. It's small. What impressed us is that they paid a lot of attention to our aunt. We wanted to stay away from a lot of big faci... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lake Tavares
I was well received at Brookdale Lake Tavares. There was a welcome sign as I entered the reception desk. They provided me with some water as a refreshment. The director who was going to do the tour... Read more
Review of Brookdale Tavares
Brookdale Tavares had a nice setup. The staff seemed a bit more involved with everybody there. The facility was clean and set up well, but to me, it was a little confining. It was small feeling. Th... Read more