24 Assisted Living Facilities near Tavares, FL
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tavares area, with 6 in Tavares and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tavares is $3,267 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Eustis with an average starting cost of $3,050.
To help you with your search, browse the 182 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tavares. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tavares 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mount Dora with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tavares, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tavares, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tavares
Tavares has a flourishing senior population. In fact, seniors age 60 and older make up 42.7 percent of the total population. Fortunately, there are 28 assisted living facilities in the Tavares area to meet the needs of its aging population — six located within the city limits and 22 in nearby communities. Assisted living facilities (ALF) in Florida are regulated by the Agency for Health Care Administration. This administration upholds a series of regulations, rules, and statutes for assisted living facilities to ensure that they meet the individual needs of each senior as well as the needs of the community as a whole.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tavares
- The cost of living in Tavares, Florida is slightly lower than the national average. On the cost of living index scale, Tavares scores an 88, with the national median being 100. Seniors may find living in this area of Florida more affordable than similar cities.
- The crime rate in Tavares is lower than the national average but higher than the median crime rate in Florida as a whole. There is a one in 42 chance of a Tavares resident becoming a victim of any type of crime, which may be worrisome to some seniors.
- The Tavares area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Waterman, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Tavares is ideal for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. With the exception of July, August and September, which can see highs in the low 90s, the temperature hovers around a comfortable 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air quality in Tavares is 29 percent better than the national average, making it a great place for seniors with respiratory problems to reside. Tavares' air pollution rate is also 85 percent better than the national average.
- While Tavares does not have senior-specific transportation options, it does have transportation options for all citizens that are also accessible to the elderly and disabled. One example of this type of service is LakeXpress, a service with fixed routes and wheelchair access.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tavares
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Tavares start around $3,267 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tavares and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tavares
There are several options available for eligible seniors in need of financial assistance for assisted living in Tavares, Florida. Two of these options include Florida's Medicaid program and the state-funded Optional State Supplement (OSS), which can pay for a portion of one's assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tavares
Tavares and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tavares, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tavares
Tavares-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tavares, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tavares
Review of Brookdale Tavares
Awesome staff and facility. They treated myself and my Aunt & Uncle like family. Read more
Review of The Cove at Tavares Village
The staff I have witnessed have all been attentive , interactive and caring. Clean with a lovely Hair salon and cute rooms. My Grandmaw lives on the Alzheimer’s unit. The atmosphere is always calm... Read more
Review of Somerset
Such a loving caring facility. The owner is phenomenal in her care and dedication to the residents. A true family they cultivate here. Read more