48 Assisted Living Facilities near Eustis, FL
Also serving communities of Altoona.
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eustis area, with 6 in Eustis and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eustis is $3,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Mount Dora with an average starting cost of $2,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 310 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eustis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eustis 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tavares with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eustis, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Eustis, FL
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Eustis, FL
Other Options in Eustis, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eustis
Review of Regency Park Assisted Living & Memory Care
My mom is at Regency Park. I like the community itself, but they're not providing the one-on-one care that the residents need. The facility itself is nice, clean, and they do activities. She likes ... Read more
Review of Eustis Senior Care
I wasn't impressed with Eustis Senior Care. It was nice, but it was not the place we were looking for. They need to improve the furniture and they need to have something for the people who stay the... Read more
Review of Pendry Estate, LLC.
Pendry Estate Assisted Living Facility is a beautiful Spanish style home located on 11 acres, in Lake County, Florida. My mother is a resident at Pendry, and will tell you that she has so much res... Read more
Assisted Living near Lake County, FL
More Options Near Eustis, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eustis
Eustis, Florida, is located in the middle of the state, approximately 40 miles northwest of Orlando. Eustis has a senior population of approximately 21 percent and is served by 60 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area. ALFs in Eustis are defined and regulated by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and are officially designated as "centers that provide residential services, nursing care or mental health care." ALFs throughout Florida are licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eustis
- One of the benefits of assisted living in Eustis is that the state of Florida does not require personal or state income tax. Because Social Security is also exempt from taxation, seniors are often drawn to the area for financial flexibility.
- Eustis experiences long, hot summers with temperatures ranging between the 70s and 90s. Winters are short and rarely dip below 50 degrees. For seniors looking to escape harsh winters and cold weather, Eustis could be an ideal option for assisted living.
- The Eustis area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Tavares.
- Eustis has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Eustis Senior Center, an organization that offers socialization and entertainment through congregate meals, programs and other services.
- The Eustis area is serviced by LakeXpress, Lake County's fixed route public transportation system. Half-fare prices are available to seniors over the age of 60 or who hold a valid Medicare card. The nearest major airport to Eustis is Orlando Sanford International Airport, around 35 miles away.
- A senior's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Eustis is one in 29. This means that crime rates in Eustis are 73 percent higher than the average crime rates cities of all sizes across the state of Florida. Seniors who plan to spend time outside or travel alone after dark should consider Eustis' crime rates when contemplating assisted living in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eustis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Eustis start around $3,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eustis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eustis
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) provides financial assistance for assisted living costs in Eustis to qualifying seniors. Florida also finances specific ALF services through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program to waiver participants under certain restrictions.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eustis
Eustis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eustis, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eustis
Eustis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.