Brookdale Tavares

Brookdale Tavares (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Tavares

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Tavares

June 19, 2014

Sterling House of Tavares is extremely well designed. The people are very outspoken and very pleasant. The atmosphere is conducive to relaxation. I was very pleased with their reception and how the staff was very pleasant with my sister-in-law. She is already joining groups with their activities. She was doing things now that she wasn’t doing before. It’s very rewarding for us. The rooms were adequate, and we got new furniture for the apartment. I was able to observe several meals, and I was very pleased. She was also able to bring her cat.

May 30, 2014

By Susan84252350

I went to Sterling House. It was very nice. You could tell it was very well maintained as far as the carpeting and the walls. When you walked in, it did not smell like a nursing home. The lady who showed me around was very nice, and she answered all of my questions. She was very courteous. I was very pleased with her. They have special activities for the month, but they also have activities like arts and crafts activities, and they do musical things. They have someone who comes in and they plays music for them. They have dancing for ones who are able to do that. I recommended it to a friend of mine for her father.

May 10, 2014

Sterling House of Tavares was nice, but their rooms were too small for us. Their dining room was nice. They have tables all over and people sitting at tables. We were able to eat there and the food was good. The staff were fine. The girl that was in charge when we visited the facility was very nice to us.

December 27, 2013

By Linda76569450

Sterling House of Tavares is a small facility and it didn’t have an outside access from your room. The people there were very nice. I've looked at their dining room and it's lovely. Overall the facility is very nice, I just wish they had patios and porches.

September 26, 2013

By Leaf9

The Sterling House was very nice and decent place. The rooms and staff were nice as well.

July 29, 2013

By Vi

Sterling House of Tavers is a good place to live. It is a beautiful facility and the staff is wonderful.

May 31, 2013

By caring1658

Sterling House is essentially a beautiful place however it's very expensive. They have a beautiful dining, sitting, and living room. The staff was not that very friendly.

March 28, 2012

By Daydree17

I like that the residents are a priority and that the staff put a lot of time and hard work in to caring for the residents, spending time with them, working with them, listening to them, protecting them, and supporting them. They communicate with the residents like family, I always hear them talking and laughing. I hear the staff members ask questions and talk about things that only a close friend or relative of the resident would know. They seem to really know each resident on a personal level, as well as the resident's family members who visit often. The residents look comfortable with the staff, they have even told me that they trust the staff and feel comfortable and safe discussing with them matters of a personal nature. I know, from my visits, that there is a lot of "good" that goes on within this facility and I really admire all of the attention and one-on-one care that is shown to each residents. Debbie Flaherty and staff seem to show great pride in the care provided to every resident every day, which is great!

Questions about Brookdale Tavares

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Tavares. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age at our community is 83 years old. The enjoy playing bingo, and going on day trips.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Tavares offer to enrich residents' well-being?

On a daily basis we have activities such as be-fit and flex your brain.

What places are near Brookdale Tavares or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

At our community, we have a courtyard where our residents enjoy to be. They enjoy taking a bus ride to local stores like the Dollar Tree.

What transportation services does Brookdale Tavares offer to assisted living residents?

We take them to dr. appointments, shopping and scheduled day trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Tavares exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef is a people person. She engages with the residents and families. Our residents can expect a menu with a variety of choices.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tavares offer to assisted living residents?

We are a small Assisted Living Community that has a key pad entrance for the front door. With a beautiful courtyard. We have 24 hr care staff at our community as well as a pendant that they can wear and use anytime that they need something.

How does Brookdale Tavares keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are in constant communication with our families. We communicate via phone, email and mail.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Tavares during daytime and nighttime hours?

During the day time it is about an average of 10 residents per associate along with a nurse on duty 7-11.

If Brookdale Tavares accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a secured court yard that they can play in and use.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives yearly Alzheimer’s and Dementia training, As well as on-going staff training and Florida Standard training for our LNS license.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tavares provide to protect residents who wander?

All of our community doors are secured and alarmed.

Photos of Brookdale Tavares

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Tavares

• Licenses: 8906
  • State Licenses: #8906

About Brookdale Tavares

Brookdale Tavares provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Tavares