Brookdale Lake Tavares

1211 Caroline Street East, Tavares, FL 32778
Brookdale Lake Tavares (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Tavares

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lake Tavares

March 08, 2016

Brookdale Lake Tavares is a very clean and modern place. The rooms are of the best I’ve seen but are a little pricey. I know they have a bus that takes the residents out on trips. The residents and staff seem very nice. They have a gym and do physical therapy.

December 30, 2015

By Caring Son22

We were pleased with Brookdale Lake Tavares during our visit. We saw a model room and everything was acceptable for what we were looking for. The staff was really friendly.

December 20, 2015

The people at Brookdale Lake Tavares were very friendly. The rooms were really nice. I believe this would be my first choice; plus I have a friend that lives there who has already checked on the occupants and says they're always very nice. My friend never ever complains about the food, which is unbelievable. The dining area was pretty, and it overlooked the lake. It made it homey and nice.

November 04, 2015

By Deborah115545450

Brookdale Lake Tavares was nice, but it was too expensive. The staff seemed very nice; however, I didn't meet very many of them. The rooms were very pretty, but they were very small.

August 05, 2015

Mom is at Brookdale Lake Tavares. The staff is excellent and very friendly. They always have a smile on their face. Their rooms are of good size, but I think they need updating. Their food is mediocre; it's not as good as the other place that she was. At the beginning she didn’t like it so much, but she is getting used to it. They have several activities, and I am very happy with the number of activities that they offer. They have exercise class, and they take them out to lunch one a month.

July 28, 2015

Brookdale Lake Tavares was very nice. It had great views, and it was very clean. The rooms were very big. I like it a lot. The staff was very conscientious. They're very knowledgeable. Dining was great. There was a beautiful view in the dining room. It had a porch on the back looking over a lake. They have a menu with options. They also had all kinds of activities. They had transportation to a grocery store and to Wal-Mart, and also they had singers that come in.

May 28, 2015

By Cindy106463150

I went to Brookdale Lake Tavares, and they have extremely small rooms. They have a tiny refrigerator. With their activities, I know they have bingo every day. They also have an elderly gentleman that comes in all the time that sings for about an hour and a half.

October 15, 2014

By Helena9

The appearance on the outside of Grand Court Tavares didn't impress me. It looked like an apartment building. It was made out of brick and was three stories high. Then, I walked through the door and everything changed. Although they had a large dining room, the people who lived there had a council and were having a meeting going on while I was there. They were very vocal about what they would like to happen, do, and eat in that community. I think that's very nice. After that, I was taken up to the second floor. They had a lovely sitting area there that if you look down, you would be looking down the dining area. Adjoining that area was a library and another small room where people could watch tv. They also have a computer. On the second floor was a certified physical therapy department. They also had their own laundromat where you could to do your own laundry. The staff could do it for you if you pay extra. If you have the money, it was a nice place to live in.

September 29, 2014

I was at Grand Court. I loved it. I was impressed with the rooms. I thought they were nice. I thought they were more than adequate. I thought the dining area was very very nice too. The food was great. The staff all seemed very nice.

June 19, 2014

To me, Grand Court Tavares is an impressive place. This was the first facility that we visited. It's big with big grounds that you could become involved in without leaving the premises. I had lunch there and it was very good. I find the whole atmosphere excellent and perfect.

June 19, 2014

My father is in Grand Court Tavares. I love the facility. It is very nice and clean. They have been very accommodating in helping out with my father, and they bent over backwards to make the transition easy for him. I really am impressed with the room because most of them are really small, but this one has a bedroom, a living room, a full bath, large closet, storage space, and a small kitchenette.

April 11, 2014

By caring010401

I've looked at some places before deciding on Grand Court Tavares for my mom; it's a good facility. She has her good days and bad days, but I think it has something to do with her current mental situation and her age. It's strictly assisted living, but they do have 24-hour nursing care and minor rehab. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. I'm satisfied with where my mom is at right now.

March 11, 2014

By Granddaughter1968

My grandmother( who is extremely picky) went there and at first she gave me a lot if resistance but that was to be expected because older people don't appreciate change. After a while of settling in, she liked it a lot.. I am very hands on with her.. I am there at least weekly if not twice a week and the staff are all very caring and seem like they truly and genuinely care about the residents .. I love it there !!! As long as she can afford to stay there, I will keep her there.. It is just that as her needs increase the type of " a-la-carte pricing gets very high .. Such as showering , cutting up her food for her, or seeing to it that she takes her meds .. And I would say that is the ONLY downfall .. If it even is one because I'm sure it is like that everywhere

July 29, 2013

By Vi

The rooms at Grand Court of Tavares were spacious enough. It was a nice and lovely facility.

October 11, 2012

By DonaldN

We had a tour and lunch at Grand Court. It was a very, very nice place. The staff was friendly. That was one of places my mom definitely would have wanted to.

May 16, 2012

By Robert R

The place is so close to where we live and it was more on our price range. We couldn't afford anywhere else. We went to a whole bunch of different places and they were just more than my mom has money for. The money was the big thing plus it was close. The rest are farther away and the ones that weren't on the villages and stuff are way out of our price range. This one here has suited everything we needed. Not that she doesn't like it because she's living in a big house but other than that, things look pretty good. She's 94 years old so you're not gonna please her very often. The facility is nice. It's very clean. The people are nice as you can find and they do everything they can to please us. I already have recommended this facility to my nurse and she already had three people lined up.

Questions about Brookdale Lake Tavares

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Lake Tavares. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Many of our active residents are independent needing little care. Most residents are in their mid-80’s who enjoy bingo, happy hour and community outings.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lake Tavares offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have several activities that enrich their purpose, emotion, physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual well-being. From B-Fit exercise, church services, and Flex your Brain, our residents have a variety of options at Brookdale Lake Tavares.

What places are near Brookdale Lake Tavares or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located less than 5 minutes from Downtown Tavares, there are parks, local restaurants and shopping. Some of our residents also attend the local YMCA for swimming and senior classes.

What transportation services does Brookdale Lake Tavares offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a bus that transports residents from Mount Dora to Leesburg. Our resident utilize our transportation services for shopping, errands and medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Lake Tavares exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Services Director, Betty has been with our community for over 25 years! Our southern spin on our food makes our residents feel right at home.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lake Tavares offer to assisted living residents?

Our front doors are open during business hours, and our community is locked after hours. Each resident is given keys to access the community at any time.

How does Brookdale Lake Tavares keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

There is a monthly newsletter sent to residents and families. We also host care plan meetings where families are encouraged to attend.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Lake Tavares during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff to the acuity of our residents as well as a nurse on core hours of the day 7-11 pm in addition to med. techs and CNA's.

If Brookdale Lake Tavares accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a walking path that circles around the community and Lake Tavares. We also have pet waste stations for residents to utilize.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff are required to complete hours of training every year. From classes to one on one training, our staff receive training on areas such as CPR, Memory Care and Disaster Preparedness.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lake Tavares provide to protect residents who wander?

As we do check ins on all the residents throughout the course of the day and evening. As a resident ages in place if they exceed our license of a IL / AL we help to find them a secure location for progressed dementia.

Photos of Brookdale Lake Tavares

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Lake Tavares

• Licenses: 5129
  • State Licenses: #5129

About Brookdale Lake Tavares

Brookdale Lake Tavares provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Lake Tavares