84 Assisted Living Facilities near Casselberry, FL
There are 84 Assisted Living Facilities in the Casselberry area, with 2 in Casselberry and 82 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 540 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Casselberry. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Casselberry 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Casselberry, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Casselberry, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Casselberry
Casselberry, a suburb of Orlando, is home to just under 15 percent of seniors ages 65 and over and is home to two assisted living facilities, with another 61 located nearby in cities such as Winter Park, Altamonte Springs and Lake Mary.
In addition to a standard operating license required for all facilities, ALFs in Florida can also acquire three specialty licenses. An extended congregate care license permits the ALF to offer additional services, such as complete assistance with bathing, grooming and tube feeding. A limited nursing services license allows the ALF to perform nursing assessments, care for casts, braces and splints and administer and regulate portable oxygen. Finally, a facility with three or more mental health patients must also obtain a limited mental health license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Casselberry
- Thanks to its location in central Florida, Casselberry offers its residents year-round warm temperatures. Average high temperatures during the winter months are in the low 70s. Summer high temperatures soar, with average temperatures exceeding 90 degrees. Humidity levels are high in Casselberry.
- Casselberry's cost of living is slightly less than the national and Florida average. Most notably, housing and healthcare costs are about 10 percent lower in Casselberry than the national average.
- Crime is a bigger issue in Casselberry than it is in other parts of Florida. Both property and violent crime rates are higher in Casselberry than the Florida average. The city is safer than just 8 percent of U.S. cities.
- As a suburb of Orlando, Casselberry offers its residents access to Orlando's Lynx fixed map bus transportation system. Eligible seniors can also use Access Lynx, a shared ride door-to-door service reserved for disabled individuals or those who have limitations that prevent them from using Lynx buses.
- The Casselberry area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Florida Hospital Altamonte, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Casselberry has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Casselberry Public Works Department, an organization that offers health fairs, evening dances, computer classes and bingo, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Casselberry
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Casselberry start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Casselberry and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Casselberry
Eligible seniors in Casselberry can secure financial assistance for assisted living through two state programs. Florida's Optional State Supplementation program provides a monthly stipend for assisted living for individuals who meet the income requirement. Additionally, the Department of Elder Affairs oversees the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program, which includes two programs. Both the Long-Term Care Managed Care Program and the Managed Medical Assistance Program provide financial assistance for Medicaid-eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Casselberry
Casselberry and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Casselberry, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Casselberry
Casselberry-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Casselberry, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Casselberry
Review of Red Bug Lake Manor
Red Bug was very nice to us but it’s a little bit more expensive. The rooms were very nice -- big enough -- and they showed us one that you could share with somebody else. They showed us how people... Read more
Review of Red Bug Lake Manor
Red Bug Lake Manor was a fairly new facility and it was very nice and the people were very nice too. The meal was great. They weren't a nursing home but they had a nurse who could help me with my w... Read more
Review of Pathways to Care
I was sent to Pathways to Care because my children had many excuses why they could not take me in after a motor vehicle accident. The people were very nice to me. As a vegetarian they always made... Read more