Regents Park of Winter Park

Regents Park of Winter Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Regents Park of Winter Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Regents Park of Winter Park

May 29, 2014

Dad was at Westchester for a while. He was in the assisted living. The room was basically blank, but it was kept clean. He was very happy with the nurses and especially happy with the food. I liked the staff that I encountered. They were very helpful. They didn't ignore his concerns, and I felt peace of mind that my father was there.

June 14, 2013

My mother has been with Westchester since the end of last year. They are very good. They have attended my mother very well. We don't have any complaints about them.

October 17, 2012

By caring10152

We really liked Westchester. I thought it's a good place for my mom. I'd like to move my mom in there but we can't afford it right now until we get government aid. We didn't get to meet the nursing staff or anything. We just talked to the registration people. They were very friendly and helpful.

July 23, 2012

By enfpxcore

It was very nice. However I questioned whether any staff formed relationship with my grandmother. The scheduled meals, hotel style rooms, cleanliness, fresh linens, and on-site health care providers were all very positive aspects of my grandmother's facility. The architecture was nice and design was important, which I believe is important to the residents' sense of dignity. I know the home held group activities but I am not sure of the degree to which my grandmother was involved. However I am sure there were opportunities. I would have appreciated closer staff involvement with the residents' lives, more checking in, and perhaps a mental evaluation for each resident regularly.

March 22, 2012

By angel4

This facility is an upscale assisted-living home full of contemporary conveniences. It looks very similar to a shopping mall, complete with a cascading water fountain and indoor cafe. The dining area includes table cloths and chandeliers while the living quarters boast two-bedroom suites. I am not sure how much money it costs to live here, but it is definitely a far cry from what this writer envisions when one says "nursing home". It appears that the goal here is to make sure that the residents have opportunities to continue to live rather than a place to come to die (which is what many homes seem to project). The residents were all very well dressed when I visited (no hospital gowns) and it did NOT have a bad odor (which nursing homes are notorious for their stink). This seemed more like a luxury hotel/mall combination and it was a pleasure to visit. I wish all homes could be of such quality and a pleasure to visit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Regents Park of Winter Park

June 06, 2017

By cwilson1

I am very upset with this place. My mother has been there 7 days, she has yet to get a shower. I called and asked about this to the social worker, she assured me she would get her a shower, 24 hours later and still no shower. My mother asked Sunday if she could get a shower, she was told that she can have a shower on Wednesday or Saturday, she wasn't offered a shower either of those days, tomorrow will be 8 days....WEDNESDAY maybe she'll get a shower then? There is a dead cockroach in the corner that has been there since she got there, I suspect it will still be there after she leaves. Their "diabetic meals" come with a dessert and no it's not sugar free. I was told that they cut the sugar back by omitting whip cream if it comes on the dessert. The room my mom is in gets very cold at night because the other patient gets hot at night. There's a note on the thermostat that says "do not touch", I guess the other patient's comfort is more important than my mom's? She can't sleep because she's so cold, so I asked the social worker if she could change rooms, she said that was not a problem and that she would move her tonight if not first thing in the morning. It's 2:00 pm the next day, and she still hasn't been moved. I called to get her discharged as I am done playing with these people and now no one will answer at the nurse's station or at the social worker's desk. When she calls for someone to come help her they take their time strolling in...10 min in fact, I timed it myself. If anyone ever has an emergency they might die before someone comes in. When I went to visit on Sunday there was a man outside sleeping hunched over in his wheelchair, no one around keeping an eye on him. When I left later he was still there in the same position. I think there are a lot of people working there, but not a lot of people working. I expect my mother to be treated with the same respect and care they would expect for their mothers and if this is the way they treat their mothers then no mother should go there! Be wary of this place, do your research, and don't let the hospital suggest a place to you, I made that mistake and now my mother is suffering for it.

June 04, 2017

By notahappycamper--2

Do not take your loved one here. They barely spend time with anyone and ignore you when you ask for something. Roaches in room for a week and they don't clean up. The room is either too cold or too warm and at night they refuse to make room warm resulting in a shivering loved one all night. They don't even ask you if you want to take a shower so you wait a week because they only shower certain days of the week. All employees look depressed and don't care who walks into the place even when they say see nurse before going into room. When you tell them your loved one is diabetic and want to know what food they give out they laugh and it won't hurt anyone. Wow really?? So when your loved ones blood sugar skyrockets because they give your sugary foods they don't seam to care. When they test your blood sugar level at 530am and it's really low and they say make sure you eat all your breakfast which is not served until 830am. If it's low why not take care of it asap?? It is not right or fair that we spend a lot of money in a place that leaves our loved ones behind without proper care. They appear to have a lot of staff but most of them are doing nothing but standing around. When you push the button for help they take forever to come to your room. So when you have really low blood sugar they won't help you awhile so bring a backup to help yourself. Same goes if you need to go to bathroom asap as they take forever to come to your room and help you. This place has the worst processes of any company. No one tells you anything when you get there about how things work. They make you figure it out and there attitudes are aweful. Don't bring your loved one here as they will be depressed, uncomfortable, and not getting the right treatment they pay for.

May 30, 2017

By evelyn687218

They have a lot of good people at Regents Park, but I think it is too big. They have a lot of CNAs who are very nice, but sometimes they don't interact much with the patients, so they don’t know too much about the patients. The rehabilitation was very good. My mother was there for three weeks. They have a big room where they do lunch and activities. My mother was sleepy all the time. The place was very clean, and the food was good.

January 03, 2017

By Barbara670440

Regents Park Health Care was beautiful. The staff was wonderful. I was invited for dinner, and the food was wonderful. They offer three meals a day for their clients. The rooms were beautiful, big, and roomy. The grounds were wonderful and very clean.

February 25, 2015

The Regents of Winter Park was my home away from home. I was there a very long time; I made it my home. It was beautiful there. I am home now, but I have some of the caregivers that I had there, the CNA's. They come to my home to visit. It was very good living there. The therapy was wonderful, and the food was good -- everything was so good. The staff was excellent.

Services and Amenities of Regents Park of Winter Park

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Regents Park of Winter Park

Regents Park of Winter Park is a senior living provider in Winter Park, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Regents Park of Winter Park for more details on services and rates.

Map of Regents Park of Winter Park