156 Assisted Living Facilities near West Hollywood, CA
Also serving communities of Hollywood.
There are 156 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Hollywood area, with 3 in West Hollywood and 153 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Hollywood is $4,598 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Toluca Lake with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 455 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Hollywood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Hollywood 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Beverly Hills with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Hollywood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in West Hollywood, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Hollywood
West Hollywood, California, located in Los Angeles County, is a small city just 1.9 miles square called WeHo by the locals. Surprisingly, there are there are three assisted living facilities within its limits and at least 56 more are nearby. Assisted living here is more expensive than in many other places, but seniors may be able to save a few hundred dollars per month by considering facilities in neighboring places such as Studio City. The California Code of Regulations Title 22 governs assisted living facilities and other places for the elderly in West Hollywood.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Hollywood
- West Hollywood, also called WeHo, has one of the best climates in the nation. It scores 85 out of 100 on the Sperling’s Comfort Index while the average for the United States is 54. Folks in the city can enjoy 283 sunny days a year and bask in July highs of 81 degrees. Even January and February, highs hover around 73 degrees.
- The cost of living here may put a dent in your wallet; it's 52 percent higher than the national average. Residents pay more for health care, transportation and housing.
- Assisted living residents have multiple ways to get around in West Hollywood. For example, Dial-A-Ride offers a weekly shopping shuttle and free curb-to-curb service with appointments. Senior citizens can get discounted bus passes, and folks 62 and older can also get discounts on taxi rides 24 hours a day.
- There’s a lot of art and culture in this area, including theater, music, film, the visual arts and the literary arts. The West Hollywood Library has been know to feature photographs taken by Russian immigrants and Clive Barker's original handwritten manuscripts and artwork.
- The city is extremely walkable, with a walk score of 9, so many assisted living residents can easily walk to the bonanza of opportunities provided here.
- People in West Hollywood are at higher risk of crime. While the average chance of being a victim of a violent crime in California is 1 in 225, this increases to 1 in 132 in West Hollywood. The city is safer than just 5 percent of U.S. cities. However, only about 7.55 West Hollywood residents per 1,000 have been victimized in a violent crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Hollywood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in West Hollywood start around $4,598 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Hollywood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Hollywood
Seniors in the West Hollywood area can seek assistance for assisted living from the city's Social Services/Senior Services division. The Hollywood Senior Center and Jewish Family Center may also help with up-to-date sources of financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Hollywood
West Hollywood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Hollywood, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Hollywood
West Hollywood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Hollywood, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Hollywood
Review of Raya's Paradise Residential Care Communities
Raya's Paradise Residential Care Communities is very cheerful. It looks like a house in a nice residential neighborhood. It's very clean, and they offer good food. It's a quality experience for the... Read more
Review of Garden of Palms
Garden of Palms was very nice and one of the smaller residential homes with about six people but they don’t have the overall staffing needed. It’s run by two to three people with one person oversee... Read more
Review of Garden of Palms
Garden of Palms was very nice, and the room was fine. It's a non-sectarian community. The staff was very warm and helpful. I was very satisfied with my visit. The amenities were nice. It had a beau... Read more