145 Assisted Living Facilities near Beverly Hills, CA
With an average cost of $7,620 in Beverly Hills, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 17 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 2 facilities in Beverly Hills.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beverly Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills, California, home of the infamous 90210 zip code, is the height of luxury from its high-end boutiques to the palm tree-lined streets. The year-round sun makes it an ideal location for retirees who don’t want to deal with inclement weather. The city is home to 6,516 seniors. Those who need help with activities of daily living may benefit from residing in one of the city’s two assisted living facilities, or in one of the 141 facilities located in the surrounding areas.
In Beverly Hills, and in all of the state of California, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), which are governed by the Community Care Licensing Division of The Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beverly Hills
- The Beverly Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including California Heart Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Not surprisingly, the cost of living in Beverly Hills is 648.8, more than 500 points higher than the U.S. average of 100, although this is largely driven by high housing and transportation costs. Groceries come in at the average, and healthcare ranks lower at 85.2. Seniors might want to keep in mind that the high cost of living in this city could impact their facility expenses.
- Seniors who want to live within this coveted zip code may appreciate the low violent crime rate of 20 in the area, which is two points lower than the national average. The city has a property crime rate of 54.6, almost 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4.
- California seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits, which could make this city more affordable for Beverly Hills retirees.
- Beverly Hills seniors can receive free transportation using the Senior and Disabled Dial-A-Ride Shuttle Program. In order to qualify seniors must be 62 or older or have a disability. Seniors may want to keep in mind that this is a shared-shuttle program, so they might wind up sharing their rides with others.
- Beverly Hills is the perfect location for seniors looking to enjoy the sunshine during their retirement. The city gets 278 sunny days per year, 73 more than the national average of 205.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beverly Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Beverly Hills start around $7,620 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beverly Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beverly Hills
Low-income seniors in Beverly Hills can apply for Medi-Cal, California’s Medicaid program. The Assisted Living Waiver (AWL) is also available to seniors in the city and in the rest of Los Angeles County. Although the AWL does not cover room and board, the state Supplemental Security Income could assist with extra funds to cover expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beverly Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Beverly Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beverly Hills
Review of Sunrise of Beverly Hills
My mother found a home at Sunrise of Beverly Hills Senior Living and my family found peace of mind. During these difficult times dealing with the Corona virus we were concerned primarily with my mo... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Beverly Hills
My mom and I visited the top facilities on the west side, and Sunrise came out on top. We are both very happy with Sunrise, and they take great care of their residents. After being there for year... Read more
Review of The Watermark at Beverly Hills
If your elderly loved one requires supportive care because of a degenerative illness, this is not the place to find it. My Mother passed two agonizing years at Watermark with a revolving door of s... Read more