39 Assisted Living Facilities near Watsonville, CA
Also serving communities of Freedom.
There are 39 Assisted Living Facilities in the Watsonville area, with 8 in Watsonville and 31 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Watsonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Watsonville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Aptos with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Watsonville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Watsonville, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Watsonville
Watsonville is located in Santa Cruz County, California and is home to several beautiful beaches, such as Sunset State Beach and Manresa State Beach. The city is home to just over 50,000 residents, 8.9 percent of whom are over the age of 65. Assisted living facilities in California are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). The city of Watsonville features a total of eight RCFs and there are another 31 located in nearby cities including Freedom, Salinas and Santa Cruz.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Watsonville
- Watsonville has high property crime rates and is only safer than 11 percent of other U.S. cities. In Watsonville, property crimes occur at a rate of 34.95 per 1,000 residents, while throughout California, the average rate is much lower at 25.53 per 1,000 residents. Seniors may find themselves feeling safer and more comfortable in a region with lower crime rates.
- Watsonville is home to world-class medical facilities, including Watsonville Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Watsonville can travel throughout the area with ease using the city's safe public transportation options, Santa Cruz Metro and the Monterey-Salinas Transit.
- Watsonville has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Residential Care Facilities may offer supervised day trips to take in the city's popular Apple Crate Murals or other top attractions in the area.
- Although Watsonville's overall cost of living is 64.5 percent higher than the national average, seniors in assisted living may find they are still able to save on expenses in the city. Costs such as healthcare and groceries are below the national average.
- Watsonville has a moderate year-round temperature with average highs in July of 72 degrees and average lows in January of 42 degrees. The city has below average rainfall and no snowfall throughout the year. Seniors who like to avoid extreme heat or cold will find Watsonville a comfortable place to live.
Paying for Assisted Living in Watsonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Watsonville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Watsonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Watsonville
Seniors in Watsonville can apply for assistance with the cost of services provided by RCFs under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver.
Seniors in California who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can also apply for an Optional State Supplement to help with room and board expenses. These expenses are capped by the state for SSI recipients.
Family supplementation is not permitted in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Watsonville
Watsonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Watsonville, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Watsonville
Watsonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Watsonville
Review of De Un Amor
It has now been a year since making the difficult decision to move my father to a facility where he could get the 24/7 care he now needs. We made the right decision choosing De Un Amor! The beautif... Read more
Review of Montecito Manor
My mother is in Montecito Manor. It's bright and cheerful. They have nice furnishings and decorations for the season and holidays. They have pretty good food. The staff is very caring, considerate,... Read more
Review of De Un Amor
My wife has been at DUA for seven months. Great staff, caring environment. Good food. Read more