58 Assisted Living Facilities near Montebello, CA
There are 58 Assisted Living Facilities in the Montebello area, with 1 in Montebello and 57 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 270 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Montebello. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montebello 1.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rosemead with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montebello, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Montebello, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montebello
The city of Montebello is located within the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Known for its thriving arts community and ethnic diversity, Montebello is home to more than 63,000 residents, 14.8 percent of whom are over 65 years of age.
Throughout the state of California, communities that provide the elderly with assisted living services are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). There is one RCF in Montebello, and an additional 63 located nearby in surrounding areas such as Los Angeles, Whittier and Downey.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montebello
- The cost of living in Montebello is more than 73 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who are working with limited income might be better off considering assisted living in a less expensive part of California.
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- According to the American Lung Association, the air quality throughout the Montebello area is among the worst in the country. Seniors with any respiratory illness may find their condition worsens while living in Montebello, and assisted living in a less polluted city may be a better choice.
- There are plenty of points of interest for seniors in the Montebello area to enjoy. Some RCFs may offer supervised day trips to the city's top attractions, such as the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area or Commerce Casino.
- Montebello has an array of community resources for seniors, including weekly arts, electronics and fitness classes, as well as one senior center.
- The Montebello area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beverly Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montebello
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Montebello start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montebello and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montebello
Seniors residing in an RCF in the Montebello area can apply for financial assistance with the cost of assisted living services under California's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver.
Those who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for additional assistance with costs such as room and board via an Optional State Supplement (OSS). Room and board costs are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible residents.
California doesn't allow family supplementation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montebello
Montebello and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montebello, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montebello
Montebello-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Montebello, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montebello
Review of Golden Manor Retirement Center
We visited and looked around Golden Manor. We had an appointment, but the lady never showed up. The person behind the window gave us the tour, and said she would get back to us, but she never did. ... Read more
Review of Golden Manor Retirement Center
I do not recommend this facility to no one its dirty and old building. And my spouse live there for one year they didn't care about his safe or well being. Read more