144 Assisted Living Facilities
144 Assisted Living Facilities
The average cost of assisted living in
than the national median of
Cheaper nearby regions include
with an average starting cost of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Whittier
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 14 families in Whittier find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 144 Assisted Living Facilities in the Whittier area, with 13 in Whittier and 131 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Whittier is $3,035 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345. Cheaper nearby regions include La Habra with an average starting cost of $2,914.
To help you with your search, browse the 488 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Whittier. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Whittier 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hacienda Heights with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 14 families in Whittier find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Whittier, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Whittier, CA
131 Assisted Living Facilities near Whittier, CA
Promotion ends in 7 days!
LET ATRIA UNLOAD SOME OF YOUR MOVING EXPENSES. Sign a lease now and unpack this money-saving limi... (more)
Other Options in Whittier, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Whittier
Review of Brookdale Uptown Whittier
Brookdale Uptown Whittier was very lovely, and the gentleman I talked to was very lovely also, he couldn't have been nicer. The place is very posh, it used to be the William Penn Hotel, so it's ver... Read more
Review of Oakmont of Whittier
Oakmont of Whittier was wonderful. The staff was very nice, considerate, and helpful. They also answered my questions and provided the information I needed. They have all of the amenities and they ... Read more
Review of Whittier Place
I really like it here. The staff is great, especially Monica. They really take good care of my mom, Lily. I can sleep good at night knowing she's safe. Also, the food is very good! Read more
More Options Near Whittier, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Whittier
The city of Whittier, located in Los Angeles County, is a small-town with an accessible route to the city. In Whittier as in all of California, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities for the elderly (RCF). The town has 13 local RCFs and 49 others nearby that are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Whittier
- Whittier, part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Whittier locals have the same average cost of living as the state, 52 percent higher than the national average. Fixed or low-income seniors enjoy a 7 percent deduction on health care expenses and spend 9 percent less on good and services compared to others nationwide.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. Whittier residents have a combined 9.5 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Locals in Whittier experience warm, muggy summers. Temperatures reach their lowest from December to February, with an average low around 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors may enjoy participating in outdoor activities of in the town during these mild winter months.
- The Air Quality Index (AQI) reports persistent pollutants, and the city is ranked in the top 10 for worst air quality by the American Lung Association. Seniors may deal with difficulty breathing if they suffer from respiratory issues.
- Whittier has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Whitter Senior Center, an organization that provides seniors with educational classes, discussion groups, art media and social interactions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Whittier
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Whittier start around $3,035 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Whittier and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Whittier
The city of Whittier offers eligible seniors three forms of financial assistance aid, including Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Whittier
Whittier and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Whittier
Whittier-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.