109 Assisted Living Facilities near Bellflower, CA
There are 109 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bellflower area, with 5 in Bellflower and 104 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bellflower is $2,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 385 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bellflower. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bellflower 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakewood with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bellflower, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bellflower, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bellflower
The town of Bellflower sits beyond the city limits of Los Angeles and is part of the same county. The quiet city provides seniors with the opportunity to enjoy small-town living along with LA commodities. Bellflower features five residential care facilities for the elderly (RCEFs) and 56 nearby. Each facility needs to be licensed to operate and requires an annual renewal, which is overseen by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bellflower
- The cost of living in California is 52 percent higher than the national average. Residents of Bellflower pay 8 percent less than the state average, making California residency more affordable for seniors. Compared with the national average, groceries cost 4.5 percent less, health care runs 7 percent lower and goods and services cost 9 percent less.
- The Los Angeles-Long Beach region, which includes the city of Bellflower, has some of the worst air quality in the nation. The area ranks in the top 10 most polluted cities in three categories by the American Lung Association, which is especially concerning for seniors with respiratory conditions.
- Locals in Bellflower experience warm, muggy summers, with humidity levels averaging 65 percent. Temperatures here reach the lowest from December to February, with an average low around 46 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bellflower faces one of the worst violent crime rates in both the state and nation, with a 1 in 195 chance of becoming a victim. This rate is 25 percent higher than the national average and 12 percent higher than the state average.
- California is not a tax-friendly state and does not provide seniors with a tax exemption on retirement income, besides SSI. Bellflower residents pay a combined sales tax of 9.5 percent, which is higher than the national average of 6 percent and the state average of 8.54 percent.
- Bellflower, part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bellflower
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Bellflower start around $2,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bellflower and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bellflower
Eligible seniors in Bellflower can receive financial assistance through the Med-Cal Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bellflower
Bellflower and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bellflower, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bellflower
Bellflower-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bellflower, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bellflower
Review of Simla Villas Bellflower
Were not attentive to my aunt. I complained and they didn't care. I don't recommend. Read more
Review of Woodruff Care Home
I saw Woodruff Care Home. The eating area seemed to be confined, it just didn't feel very warm to me, and I just didn't have a good vibe. There wasn't anything particularly out of order, I just did... Read more
Review of Woodruff Care Home
Woodruff Care Home couldn't be nicer. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. I don't have enough nice things to say about it. It's clean, neat, and I haven't seen anything disparaging at ... Read more