Whittier Place

Reviews of Whittier Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Whittier Place

June 25, 2015

By Martha44

They are very compassionate and very patient at Whittier Place Senior Living. The place is beautiful, well kept, and neat. They have been taking really good care of my mom. They have done so well that her health has improved a hundred percent. I highly recommend the place. The director is amazing.

May 15, 2015

By Alexandra5

It looked very clean, but it was significantly more institutional looking than the other places. It was nice, clean, and comfortable, but it was minimal in terms of size. The staff were helpful. They had a very basic menu that didn't look very appetizing, and they didn't seem to have much snack in between except like a bowl of fruits. For activities, they did have a church service on Sunday. I went into a two-bedroom, and it looked quite spacious. It had an entry area that is like a waiting room and two pretty large bedrooms. I would recommend Whittier Place if you don't want to eat gourmet food and because it's got a nice price range. The dining area had a nice big glass wall, so it had a lot of light, but it was on the smaller side. It was pretty, but the chairs were a little more industrial and hard, so they didn't look comfortable.

May 01, 2015

When I went to Whittier Place Senior living, it wasn't completely constructed. They just showed me partial of it. I saw a few rooms, and they were very small. They were like studio rooms and were more like a hotel. The bathroom had no tub; it was like a walk-in shower with a toilet. It had a small closet. The bedroom was big, but there was no living room. They also had 2 bedroom. It was very expensive, but it brand new. I would like to go back when it was completed. They had a laundry room and a beauty shop, but they were not yet active.

October 31, 2014

My mom is in the memory care unit of Whittier Place. She moved in two months ago. She’s being taken care of. There are some of the bumps in the road but all in all, it’s been a good place. She is in a shared room because she’s in the memory care wing. They’ve been very helpful and supportive. It seemed that they have a fair amount of stuff going on. I think they really do a good job.

June 26, 2014

By Annette13

I visited Whittier Place, and it was nice. It was decorated well, and it looked homey. The rooms were very nice. The activities were about the same as other places. However, it was more expensive.

March 26, 2013

By 9227

My husband stayed at Whittier Place two or three times for respite care. It was about four blocks from where he goes to adult day care. This facility is just lovely. The people there are very, very nice. They have a lot of activities. It you are looking for an assisted living this would be a great place to go. It was just a little out of my price range.

November 03, 2011

By Caringsenior

whittier place senior living is a nice facility.I would recommend it to anyone seeking to place loved ones in assissted living facility. When I was there in a month, I noticed that the staff members are wonderful and receptive. They all welcomed me well and with cheerful face showed me all around the building and the rooms. Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a five common areas a five residents' rooms a five,staff a five, and the quality of care a five. Overall, I'd give whittier place senior living a rating of five stars because of the neatness. The facility is so clean that you hardly notice any dirt. All the caregivers wear uniform like you are in a hotel. The whole area smell so good and the residents are well taken care off. I so much like the dining area. Its so inviting. This is one of my best facilities.

October 10, 2011

By mariz

I like the way they run this place, it is amazing. All the staff from the caregivers to the administration helped their residents' families tremendously through their tough times. My visit here was a total experience!!

July 27, 2011

By infinitywaltz

We toured several facilities before placing my mother-in-law, and this is the one we chose; it's friendly, warm and has a home-y atmosphere while still providing excellent service and food (a few times we've shown up to visit around "snack time" and been treated to chocolate chip cookies just baked on-site). Another major plus is that the activities director integrates the assisted living and memory care patients as much as possible, so in no way do the memory care patients seem "institutionalized" as you see in some facilities. They also have a friendly housecat, Heather, who lives on-site.

Costs for Whittier Place

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: 198602248

About Whittier Place

Whittier Place is a senior living provider in Whittier, California that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Whittier Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Whittier Place