88 Assisted Living Facilities near Hacienda Heights, CA
Also serving communities of La Puente.
There are 88 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hacienda Heights area, with 3 in Hacienda Heights and 85 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hacienda Heights is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Whittier with an average starting cost of $3,241.
To help you with your search, browse the 281 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hacienda Heights. Better rated regions include Whittier with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hacienda Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hacienda Heights, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hacienda Heights
Hacienda Heights is a hilltop community east of Los Angeles, close to City of Industry and up the highlands from Whittier. About 54,000 people live in Hacienda Heights, 18 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. The city has 85 assisted living facilities in and around its borders to provide its seniors with safe, independent home environments and help with their activities of daily living (ADLs), such as personal care and taking some medications.
Like all of California's residential care facilities, assisted living properties in Hacienda Heights are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hacienda Heights
- The weather in Hacienda Heights is always stable and warm. Summer highs here average 89 degrees in August, while winter lows average 47 degrees in December. The Hacienda Heights area is semiarid and gets just 14.4 inches of rain a year, which can raise dust in fall and cause some issues for seniors with COPD.
- The cost of living in Hacienda Heights can be high by national standards. Expenses here average 96 percent above the norm in all categories combined, though healthcare in Hacienda Heights costs just 85 percent of the national average.
- Reported rates of crime in the Hacienda Heights-Whittier area are average across all categories, though there are some variations from the national numbers. Property crime, for example, is more common in Hacienda Heights than the national average, while violent crime is significantly less common here than it is nationwide.
- The Heights Hopper Shuttle operates seven bus lines for Hacienda Heights. This network connects at several points with the transit systems of surrounding areas, like the Los Angeles Metro system. Seniors ride the shuttle at a discount, and disabled ride services are available.
- The Hacienda Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Queen of the Valley Hospital and Whittier Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hacienda Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Hacienda Heights start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hacienda Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hacienda Heights
Los Angeles County is one of the 15 counties in California where low-income seniors who qualify for Medicaid can get a state Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). This waiver program helps cover some of the costs of assisted living for seniors in Hacienda Heights.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hacienda Heights
Hacienda Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hacienda Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hacienda Heights
Hacienda Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.