265 Assisted Living Facilities near Fullerton, CA
There are 265 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fullerton area, with 19 in Fullerton and 246 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fullerton is $3,259 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Placentia with an average starting cost of $2,863.
To help you with your search, browse the 773 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fullerton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fullerton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Buena Park with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Fullerton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fullerton, call (855) 863-8283.
19 Assisted Living Facilities in Fullerton, CA
246 Assisted Living Facilities near Fullerton, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fullerton
Located in Orange County, Fullerton was founded in 1887 by George H. Fullerton who routed the Santa Fe Railroad through the city. Today over 140,000 residents, 12 percent of whom are ages 65 and over, call Fullerton home. The city has a large senior community with 63 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area, 18 in Fullerton and an additional 45 close by. The licensing and regulation of ALFs, referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs), are controlled by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and the Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fullerton
- Seniors living in Orange County with a respiratory illness may have a hard time dealing with the poor air quality. The American Lung Association gave this area an F ranking for Ozone and a D for its Particle Pollution 24-hour score.
- Fullerton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Fullerton Community Center, an organization that aims to enhance the quality of life for seniors through enrichment and wellness as well as another senior center in the nearby town of Brea.
- The Fullerton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the St. Jude Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with a fixed or limited income may have a hard time adjusting in the Fullerton area where the cost of living is 77.2 percent higher than the national average.
- Fullerton boasts a lower-than-average rate of violent crime of 23.3 out of 100, compared to the U. S. average of 31.1. This may make seniors and their visitors feel safe in this community. Property crime is slightly higher than the U.S. average at 39.6 compared to 38.1.
- Seniors in Fullerton enjoy a gentle climate year-round. With a comfort index of 85 out of 100, summer highs of 85 degrees and winter lows of 46 degrees, residents can stay active and take pleasure in the sunshine.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fullerton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Fullerton start around $3,259 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fullerton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fullerton
The state of California has several financial aid programs in place for qualified seniors. Through California's Medicaid plan, Medi-Cal or one of the state's Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers, qualified seniors can get help paying for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fullerton
Fullerton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fullerton, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fullerton
Fullerton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fullerton, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fullerton
Review of Cambridge Court
I like Cambridge Court. Our friend has been living there for 2 to 3 months now. The staff helps out with her needs like taking her to meals, change her diapers, feed her, and groom her. They call u... Read more
Review of Palm Retirement Center
Palm Retirement Center is a really good facility for the price. It's on the lower end of cost and it's in a really good area, but the menu and the food are not up to standards. Other than that, it ... Read more
Review of Palm Retirement Center
I have my father in an assisted living called Palm Retirement Center. They have bingo nights, movie nights, and karaoke. The room is perfect. It is a shared room, but my father has his own bed, his... Read more