192 Assisted Living Facilities near Placentia, CA
There are 192 Assisted Living Facilities in the Placentia area, with 12 in Placentia and 180 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Placentia is $2,872 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Buena Park with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 522 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Placentia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Placentia 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fullerton with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Placentia find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Placentia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Placentia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Placentia
Placentia, California, in northern Orange County is a quiet, bedroom community of over 52,000 people — over 14 percent are seniors age 65 and over. The city has 14 local assisted living communities and there 38 more in nearby cities. The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division oversees all assisted living facilities in Placentia and surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Placentia
- The cost of living in Placentia exceeds the national average by 83 percent the state average by 20 percent. Seniors pay 6 percent more in groceries, 8 percent more on health care and 13 percent more on transportation than most others in the nation. These reduced expenses provide something for seniors on a limited or fixed budget to consider before moving.
- Warm year-round temperatures in Placentia average between 56 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures rarely exceed lows of 45 in the coldest month, December, nor highs of 88 in the warmest months, August and September. This allows seniors to enjoy more outdoor activities of daily living (ADLs) for a more fit, healthy lifestyle.
- Placentia has a crime rate lower than 67 percent of California communities. The city is considered one of the safest places in the nation, with an average violent crime 272 percent lower than the national average. Seniors can enjoy nighttime activities with a sense of security because of it.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income, besides SSI. Redwood City residents have a combined 7.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average. Fixed-income seniors should consider the financial burden of living here.
- The Placentia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Placentia-Linda Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Placentia has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Placentia Senior Center, an organization that provides programs and activities for those 50 and older and other services provided by senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Placentia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Placentia start around $2,872 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Placentia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Placentia
Placentia financial aid for eligible seniors includes the Med-Cali (Medicare) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Placentia
Placentia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Placentia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Placentia
Placentia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Placentia
Review of Roza's Care
My grandmother was here until we recently removed her due to continuous health issues and her mental/emotional/physical health status deteriorating. Would not recommend. Read more
Review of Crescendo Senior Living of Placentia
The rooms at Crescendo Senior Living of Placentia were good, clean, and not super big, but the studios would be fine for my mother. We were pleased with it. The community seemed very friendly. The ... Read more
Review of Crescendo Senior Living of Placentia
My friend moved into Crescendo Senior Living of Placentia. Its excellent, and the people are very nice. Its clean, set up nice, and there are a lot of activities. The room is very nice, they keep... Read more