100 Assisted Living Facilities near Yorba Linda, CA
There are 100 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yorba Linda area, with 11 in Yorba Linda and 89 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Yorba Linda is $3,886 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Placentia with an average starting cost of $2,934.
To help you with your search, browse the 294 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yorba Linda. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yorba Linda 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Diamond Bar with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yorba Linda, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Yorba Linda, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
This suburban city in Orange County deemed one of the “100 Best Places to Live” in the United States is approximately 40 miles from Downtown Los Angeles. Seniors, who make up more than 15 percent of the population, have several options for assisted living in the area. In California assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. There are 11 RCFEs in Yorba Linda and 52 in nearby towns that are licensed and regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
- The cost of living in Yorba Linda is much higher than the rest of California. It is also more than double the cost of living in the rest of the United States. This could be of particular concern to those living on a fixed income.
- The crime rate in Yorba Linda is ideal for those looking for a safe place to live. It is one of the safest cities in California, with crime totals being 63 percent lower than the rest of the state.
- Yorba Linda has a wide array of transportation options available for senior citizens, such as The Senior Mobility Program/TRAILS. This program provides door-to-door transportation for seniors and those with disabilities and is maintained by the Orange County Transportation Authority.
- In spite of hot temperatures in the summer, the weather in Yorba Linda is ideal for those who love sun and warmth. It does not get too cold in the winter, which means that seniors can still enjoy time outdoors if they so choose.
- The air quality in Yorba Linda is very poor. It is 70 percent worse than the national average. This could be very problematic for seniors and others with respiratory illnesses or difficulties.
- The Yorba Linda area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Yorba Linda Medical Facility, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Yorba Linda start around $3,749 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yorba Linda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Eligible seniors in Yorba Linda and the rest of California can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility instead of a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yorba Linda
Yorba Linda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yorba Linda, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yorba Linda
Yorba Linda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Yorba Linda, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Review of Senior Living Community, an Eastern Star Home
I am so delighted that my mother moved into the Eastern Star Senior Living Community. The care she is receiving is top-notch and there is an amazing list of daily activities she can participate in... Read more
Review of Senior Living Community, an Eastern Star Home
I am continually amazed and impressed by the tenderness, love, and sincere affection; all of you have shown the residents at the Senior Living Center. It is constant, consistent, and unwavering." O... Read more
Review of Serento Rosa
I chose it because it's close to my house, and they sounded good. They've been doing very well in taking care of my brother. He's in assisted living and they're doing medication. The staff members ... Read more