113 Assisted Living Facilities near Diamond Bar, CA
Also serving communities of Walnut.
There are 113 Assisted Living Facilities in the Diamond Bar area, with 9 in Diamond Bar and 104 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Diamond Bar is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Covina with an average starting cost of $2,095.
To help you with your search, browse the 320 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Diamond Bar. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Diamond Bar 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pomona with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Diamond Bar, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Diamond Bar, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar, California, has a lot to offer its 6,486 seniors in terms of recreational activities including nature centers, public golf courses, parks, nature trails, farmers markets and walking events. Seniors who require a facility level of assistance have seven facilities to choose from within the city limits and another 102 located in nearby communities.
In Diamond Bar and throughout the entire state of California, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and are governed by The Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Diamond Bar
- Diamond Bar’s cost of living is 200.8, over 100 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors wishing to relocate to the area should keep the higher cost of living in mind.
- Diamond Bar has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Ontario.
- Seniors in Diamond Bar can use the Dial-a-Cab or the Diamond Ride program to get curb-to-curb transportation around the city. Seniors must be at least 60, complete an application and provide proof age and residency to apply for this program. Successful applicants can receive 30 trips per month. Seniors can book their trips the same day they want to travel, but they may want to keep in mind that they cannot request specific drivers and must have their card with them while traveling.
- Diamond Bar gets little precipitation with no snow and only 17 inches of rain annually. The city gets 286 sunny days each year, more than 80 over the national average of 205, which may be of interest to seniors who value their time outdoors.
- Diamond Bar has a violent crime rate of 8.6 and a property crime rate of 24.8, both significantly lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Despite these low crime rates, seniors may want to ask the staff at prospective facilities about security precautions in place to keep residents safe.
- In California, seniors are not taxed on Social Security income, however, they are fully taxed on both retirement income and pensions. Diamond Bar seniors may find that these tax laws cut into their assisted living budgets.
Paying for Assisted Living in Diamond Bar
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Diamond Bar start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Diamond Bar and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar seniors with low incomes may qualify for Medi-Cal, California’s Medicaid program. Additionally, the Assisted Living Waiver may help cover the care portion of assisted living expenses. Seniors may want to keep in mind that this waiver does not cover room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Diamond Bar, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Diamond Bar, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Diamond Bar
Review of The Leaning Pine
My aunt has been a resident of The Leaning Pine Country Home since November of last year. It's awesome. It's a boarding house type setting. Right now, my aunt is also on hospice care, and so far, s... Read more
Review of Mountain View Centers I
I toured Mountain View Centers on Jan 7th 2015. I was very pleased with their care options. I visited 5 of their 7 care facilities, one in Claremont and 4 other locations in Covina and Diamond Ba... Read more
Review of Mountain View Centers I
I visited the facility on a Saturday because thats when my brother could come and the Marketing guy accommodated us. The facility itself was clean and bright and had a courtyard where folks were en... Read more