Claremont Manor

Reviews of Claremont Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Claremont Manor

August 17, 2016

By Just a Visitor687075

Claremont Manor is a very nice community, but it’s too large for me. They have a very good program for the residents and have a pool, which I have not seen at the other places I’ve seen.
Just a Visitor687075, Thank you for your Visit, Claremont Manor has all types of accommodations to meet many needs. The convenience of apartments in the main building close to life enrichment programs and the dining room or the privacy of cottages. Our Truly Yours assisted living services also offer the convenience of services in you individual accommodation whenever possible. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to visit our community. Feel free to call or stop by with any additional questions or concerns. Ruben Alvarado Director of Sales & Marketing

May 24, 2016

By Tina338084

Claremont Manor is a very large community with a variety of living programs from independent to assisted to skilled. Their independent includes homes with a bathroom and full kitchen, which we were looking for, and one- and two-bedrooms. The downside is it’s very expensive and very formal looking with people who walk around very well dressed. The staff members aren’t as friendly as other places I visited.

Tina: many thanks for sharing your impressions of Claremont Manor! You are right, we offer a variety of private living accommodations in cottages and apartments surrounded by beautifully landscaped spaces. Many people tell us that our community looks a bit like a college campus with beautiful brick buildings, open spaces with rows of cottages and cozy gardens. We are known for our exceptional care and service from independent living with Truly Yours assistance and personal care when needed. We also offer Summer House memory care and a highly rated skilled nursing and rehabilitative care center on site. Best of all there is no entrance fee! That is unique in our area and an important factor to consider when comparing month to month fees with other communities. Our residents are fascinating well-traveled individuals from all walks of life, each with their own unique style. I’d love to have you come back and meet some of our residents and staff who can’t say enough about the life enriching opportunities at Claremont Manor. We are just blocks from picturesque Claremont Village and the famous Claremont Colleges! Please stop by and say hello when you are in the neighborhood! We would love for you to take a second look! Best regards, Ruben Alvarado, Director of Sales & Marketing. 909-971-6133 ralvarado@frontporch.net

May 10, 2016

By KatAMDNC

Claremont Manor was really nice and very large but further away from the house. The rooms were very nice, very upscale, and clean. The dining room and grounds were very beautiful and very well kept.

December 20, 2015

By Family789

We visited Claremont, and we had a wonderful lunch there. We were shown to a number of available units. We met some of the people there, and it was one of my favorite places of all. I liked it best of all. The dining area was excellent. I thought it was on a cruise ship. They had a separate dining area for a meeting. The staff was marvelous, and the service was excellent. I told my sister, if I were ready to move in to a place, this is where I would go. The rooms were laid out very nice -- one had a little balcony on the second floor, and another one had a patio. We saw a little cottage, which was excellent. They have outings, they provide transportation to doctors, they have a very nice library area with television, and you can do pretty much what you want to and what attracts you. They have an Alzheimer’s unit as well. The residents were happy to be where they were.

October 28, 2015

By Mike115316050

We chose Claremont Manor because we wanted to live near our existing home, and it happened to work out. There are all kinds of activities here, and we've been in this facility for two weeks now. The staff is excellent, and the food is very good. Our experience has all been very good, from the first day we looked until now. We're very satisfied with what we did. We have a typically standard one-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath apartment.

June 30, 2015

By Betty109422950

My dad stayed at Claremont Manor. It was very nice and we liked it a lot. He was in a private room, which was very nice. The staff was very good and very caring.

May 10, 2014

By Caring60195650

Claremont Manor has been very disappointing. Mom was living in independent living, but she moved to assisted living. She is 98 years old. There is no registered nurse manager for the facility. They fired the one they hsd because she was so bad, and they have to replace her yet. We've had problems. They had the bath unit broken for months and didn't replace it or repair it. There is some very good staff that is very caring and attentive, but the majority of the staff is not. We do all her laundry, and the level of care that she gets most of the time is appalling. They're poorly supervised. They are poorly trained, poorly run and under-funded. They are not well-motivated, or nobody's paying attention, so it has not been a good experience. She's been at that place for 15 years. They offer some good activities and programs. It's just that people don't take her to them and keep her stimulated. She has macular degeneration, and her hearing is deteriorating, and they just don't seem to get it. We're paying an additional $1500 a month for the level of care she's getting on top of the $3300 a month. We're paying for a level of care that we're not getting.

September 06, 2013

By mliv

When my mother first moved here she lived in a cottage and was very happy. She did not need much help and so things we pretty good. It is VERY expensive and they raise the rates every year. Then she moved into the Lodge which is assisted living. In the 2.5 years she has lived in the assisted living area they have raised her monthly fees by $2,000 a month!!! After she moved in they started charging "level of Care" fees. These are things they did for her before, but it was included in her monthly rent! The latest in a long list complaints we have is that now they are charging for every tray of food delivered to her room. Something else they have done all along without charging extra. The staff is always changing and she has to train her own new caregivers each time a new one comes in. The food is Terrible! I have eaten many meals with her and have seen what they send on the tray to her room. The are understaffed and don't seem to be able to keep good employees. There are a few very caring people that work there but most are just doing their job! I would not recommend this place to anyone that wants their family member to live a healthy and happy life.

August 30, 2012

By luvbug101

Well If you want the best for your family member you have to pay the best. This facility is one of the nicest ones I've been to. Its as if my grandma was staying a luxurious suite on the strip in Las Vegas. It looked really high end and very spacious. We all went to visit my grandma. There was about 15 family member that went into her room. It was big enough to probably hold about 25 people. Everyone was impressed with the size and the way the room looked. My parents felt that it was more safe for my grandmother to stay in a assisted living facility because off of us are either at school or at work. I must say we made a great choice. The food there was decent. It tasted like food I could buy at a hospital. It wasn't to satisfying. I went to visit my grandma last week and she said she likes it there a lot. she likes the employees there and lucky for us her long time friend is also there with her. They have a hot tub just in case anyone wants to take a dip. Overall I am happy my grandma is there and so is she. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants the best for their loved one.

Independent Living Reviews for Claremont Manor

May 10, 2016

By Happy DaughterXFDDG

We visited and liked Claremont Manor a lot. We liked how it looked, the dining area, the apartments, and the activities that they offered. We met one lady who was very nice and knowledgeable. We saw the pool, the fitness area, the library, and activity area.

March 19, 2015

By Steve102572550

We really liked Claremont Manor. It was very nice, up-to-date, and not just clean, but almost everything in there was new. Everything had been really upgraded. The staff during my visit were great. They know what they're doing. They got dancing, singing, music, they take everybody out on buses, they go all over the place, and they have cards. If you wanted to, you could be busy there 24/7.

August 15, 2014

My impression for Claremont Manor is that it is a wonderful place for socializing. The majority of people there were still very mobile and very active. They have a lot of activities for them. They have a lot of opportunities on all different levels for people to do things. So even if you were no longer independent, it seemed that there were still plenty of things to do. I'm really looking forward to having my parents go over and see it. The apartments were very nice. They were certainly big enough for a couple. They also have bungalows if you're really independent. They were almost on par with personal homes in terms of quality. They were very nice and very spacious. I would very much recommend this community. The monthly rent was not out of line with other facilities in the area. Under the circumstances and with the services offered, it seemed quite affordable. What they could improve on though, is to have another elevator. They have an elevator at one end of the building, so if you need to use the elevator and you're on the other end, it can be quite a walk. But I still think that it was a very nice place.

October 30, 2013

By Vernon3

I checked out Claremont Manor and it was a very versatile community. They had one area where people lived in small apartments in one building. They had separate houses and duplexes. Everyone took communal meals. I hadn't tasted the food, but I asked my sister-in-law who had moved there and she's very happy with the meals. They had a bus services that took them out to shopping.

Nursing Home Reviews for Claremont Manor

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: 198601672
  • State Licenses: 198601672

About Claremont Manor

Claremont Manor is a retirement community focused on home, heart, and family. Enriching educational, social, and recreational opportunities, along with an exceptional service team and health care support, make Claremont Manor one of the most innovative and inspiring retirement communities in California. With our award-winning architecture and continually evolving wellness and activity curriculums, your retirement can be the most enriching period of your life.

The diversity and passion of our residents shapes the stimulating personality of our community. Twenty-seven resident-organized committees range from theatre arts to aerobics to volunteering at our Care Center. Take part in a watercolor class, stretch your literary legs in a creative writing workshop, or explore the world in one of our travel geography classes. Or enroll in a university course at any of the local Claremont Colleges.

At Claremont Manor, your neighbors are well educated, but love to have fun. For all of our residents, being right down the road from Claremont Village is like having your cake and eating it, too. On any given day, you can enjoy the Village's energy and cultural stimulation at one moment and stroll back home to relax in peace and quiet the next. Claremont Manor offers the best of all worlds.

All levels of care with no entrance fees!

Map of Claremont Manor