99 Assisted Living Facilities near La Verne, CA
There are 99 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Verne area, with 9 in La Verne and 90 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in La Verne is $3,550 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include San Dimas with an average starting cost of $3,435.
To help you with your search, browse the 297 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Verne. On average, consumers rate assisted living in La Verne 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pomona with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Verne, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in La Verne, CA
90 Assisted Living Facilities near La Verne, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Verne
Sitting on the outskirts of Los Angeles, La Verne is in the same county as the busy city and is a quiet suburb with convenient access to its amenities. Seniors can choose from nine local assisted living facilities (ALFs) or 49 nearby. Each facility is licensed and regulated through the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Verne
- While the overall cost of living in La Verne is 68 percent higher than the national average, residents in assisted living facilities enjoy lower prices in three major expense categories. These expenses include a 4.5 percent grocery bill savings, a 7 percent health care cost and a 9 percent lower goods and services cost.
- The La Verne area, like all of Los Angeles County, experiences some of the worst air quality in the nation and was ranked top 10 in three categories for worst pollution by the American Lung Association (ALA). Seniors with respiratory issues could be harmed if outside for too long.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. La Verne residents have a combined 9.5 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- La Verne, part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- La Verne has an array of community resources for seniors, including the La Verne Community Senior Services, an organization that assists seniors and provides them with knowledge and activities and offers a senior center.
- The La Verne area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Glendora, California.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Verne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Verne start around $3,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Verne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Verne
Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS) are among the available programs to seniors for financial aid in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Verne
La Verne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Verne, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Verne
La Verne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in La Verne
Review of Diamond Crest Home Care
I met with owner Romelo who was very helpful with a tour and explanations. The facility was clean, in the middle of some remodeling (floors) but tidy. The residents are all in wheelchairs and not a... Read more
Review of Hillcrest - A Remarkable Retirement Community�
Hillcrest was great, beautiful, have lots of gardens and they have a bird sanctuary and they were bigger. My concern was that it might be kind of big for somebody that has trouble walking, but I th... Read more
Review of Hillcrest - A Remarkable Retirement Community�
My grandmother is currently at this facility and has lived there for over a year now. It is fantastic. The staff is friendly and understanding. They are well trained in the aspects not only of the ... Read more