151 Assisted Living Facilities near Montclair, CA
There are 151 Assisted Living Facilities in the Montclair area, with 5 in Montclair and 146 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Montclair is $3,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 449 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Montclair. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montclair 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ontario with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montclair, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Montclair, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montclair
Montclair, California, a village in San Bernardino County, was originally inhabited by the Serrano Indians. Since that time the city has become a wonderful place for seniors with opportunities to take in a rodeo, watch a play or even enjoy an evening of bowling. More than 3,000 seniors call this city home and some seniors may require the services of an assisted living facility. There are four such facilities located within the city limits, with another 141 located in the surrounding areas.
In Montclair, as is the case in all of California, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities and are overseen by the Community Care Licensing Division of the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montclair
- Montclair has moderately poor air quality ranking only 53 on a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, a full five points lower than the national average of 58. Seniors with COPD or asthma may want to talk to their doctor about the effects of the air quality here.
- The crime rates in Montclair are relatively high. The city has a violent crime rating of 29.6 and a property crime rating of 58.9, both higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories. Seniors may wish to keep their belongings close and pay attention to their surroundings when on city outings.
- The cost of living in Montclair is 141.7, more than 40 points higher than the national average of 100. Healthcare ranks below the average at 82.7, although groceries are even with the average at 100.4 and transportation ranks higher than the average at 124.9. Area seniors may find that they need to allocate more money toward their transportation budget each month.
- In all of California including Montclair, seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits which could result in more money to put toward facility costs.
- The Montclair area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Montclair Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Residents of Montclair enjoy warm summers with highs of 90 degrees and cool winters with lows of 43. Sperling’s Comfort Index gives the city a rank of 79 out of 100, indicating that it’s an ideal location for seniors who experience joint pain from arthritis or other ailments.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montclair
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Montclair start around $2,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montclair and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montclair
Seniors who need help paying for assisted living in Montclair can apply for the Assisted Living Waiver, as San Bernardino County is one of the 15 California counties participating in the program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montclair
Montclair and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montclair, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montclair
Montclair-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Montclair, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montclair
Review of Montclair Royale
I did an in-person tour of Montclair Royale. It looked very dirty to me and very disorganized. The room needed a lot of renovation. You could see stains on the ceilings. The room was very small. Th... Read more
Review of Montclair Royale
Montclair Royale is a limited-service facility. They have minimal staff with high turnover and no training for caregivers. Wait time for assistance is easily a half-hour on a weekday. Nighttime wa... Read more
Review of Montclair Royale
Pros: Residents have a roof over their head and access to food. Cons: Care assistance is minimal no matter what you pay. Wait time is long and when the call light in a room breaks it can... Read more